Xbox One X Dashboard Automatically Scrolls Right

Discus and support Xbox One X Dashboard Automatically Scrolls Right in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased an Xbox One X about 2-3 months ago. Everything brand new. Today i started up the console and immediately, before even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnCostello4, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Xbox One X Dashboard Automatically Scrolls Right

Hello, I recently purchased an Xbox One X about 2-3 months ago. Everything brand new. Today i started up the console and immediately, before even turning the controller on, the Xbox One X dashboard started rapidly scrolling right. I have restarted the console
    multiple times, but I can’t navigate the dashboard menu to factory reset the console because it is constantly scrolling to the right. What can I do to fix this? What happened?

Please, before you comment something about the controller, read what I posted above. The dashboard scrolls right with NO CONTROLLER connected and batteries out of the controller entirely. Connecting the controller does nothing to fix the issue and any attempt
    to navigate the menus causes the dashboard to, you guessed it, automatically scroll right.

Also, if I am able to get into any game there is NO issue with controls in the game itself. The menus in game do not scroll to the right and there is no drift whatsoever in character or camera.

:)

JohnCostello4, Jun 30, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Five0hFour Win User

3. JohnCostello4 Win User

But the dashboard scrolls to the right continuously. I can’t navigate the menus AT ALL. I can’t factory reset because I can’t get to that option on the dashboard!! The console does this with NO CONTROLLERS ON and all batteries removed from all devices!
  4. Reborn Insanity Win User

Do you have anything else plugged into the console by chance? A wired controller? A keyboard? Something else that could be interfering with the input and constantly scrolling you to the right.

It could also be your controller itself despite being new.
  5. romeoteknik Win User

The reason everyone has mentioned the controller is because if you search for this issue it ended up being the controller, even if off. Perhaps a button like RB is stuck or something or perhaps you have a another device that could be sending inputs to the
    IR blaster on the Xbox One X front panel. A remote, a keyboard. Make sure none of that is around or any buttons being held down or stuck.

Here's a similar post that I found, ending up being his controller despite testing with it off:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...hich is currently the Halo 5: Guardians menu.

So try a reboot with NO controllers ON (batteries out) nor connected or any remotes nearby or anything turned ON. If the dash still auto-scrolls then that's beyond what forums can help with, you will need to call to official Xbox support. That's an odd behavior
    no doubt.
  6. scotty25787 Win User

Please try going to Settings, Accessories and test your controller for analog drift.

As you can't access the menu's you can download the xbox app and control without you controller. Then turn on your controller for the test 👍
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Dashboard Automatically Scrolls Right - Similar Threads - Dashboard Automatically Scrolls

2. My Xbox One X is frozen on dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One X is frozen on dashboard: When I turned on my Xbox One X I was stuck on the dashboard and could not move with the controller. 2dc35e65-076d-41d4-9847-f76595a12b7b
  3. Xbox One X Crashing to Dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Crashing to Dashboard: Hiya All, Im hoping anyone can help me out as I am out of ideas what to do with the box of junk which is on my desk at the moment. Its a One X 1 Tb Model 1787 which i have bought via Marketplace...
  4. Xbox 360 Dashboard Glitched

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Glitched: Two or three weeks ago, I had practically a fight with my 360 about my NAT being suddenly closed. Sometime during this battle, my dashboard started loading strangely; I didn’t really notice it...
  5. Stop changing the dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stop changing the dashboard: No f**'ing need for it! You're literally trolling people by flipping everything around. Way to lose your customers, ****! 5a08f0b9-7155-4f3e-8487-3462c1ebca2b
  6. Xbox 360 dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 dashboard: I recently played my Xbox 360 and noticed changes with the dashboard. Has anyone else notice this? 43ac8fe8-9f89-46a7-b720-56ebde873e96
  7. Xbox one S trava e volta pra dashboard.[Xbox one S crashes and returns to the dashboard.]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S trava e volta pra dashboard.[Xbox one S crashes and returns to the dashboard.]: Alguém me ajuda pfv!! Quando jogo Resident Evil 5 não consigo abrir uma partida multiplayer porque quando tento abrir uma, o console trava e volta pra dashboard. já limpei cache já exclui os...
  8. Xbox one S trava e volta pra dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S trava e volta pra dashboard.: Alguém me ajuda!! Quando jogo Resident Evil 5 não consigo abrir uma partida multiplayer porque quando tento abrir uma, o console trava e volta pra dashboard. já limpei cache já exclui os perfis...
  9. dashboard goes automatically to the right

in XBoX on Consoles
    dashboard goes automatically to the right: when I turn on my Xbox one and I turn on my controller he automatically goes to the right and when I turn off my controller it stops, I tried completely shutting of my Xbox this didn't help,...
  10. After dashboard/controller update, controller no longer automatically assigns to me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    After dashboard/controller update, controller no longer automatically assigns to me.: Every time I turn on the system I have to go into Settings and manually assign my controller to myself, otherwise I can't use a headset. I don't know if it was the dashboard update or the...