Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay

Discus and support Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Purchased an Xbox One X for the sole purpose of using it to centralize my entertainment. I use the Plex app and a locally hosted plex server to serve... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Splinter Rogue3, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay

Purchased an Xbox One X for the sole purpose of using it to centralize my entertainment. I use the Plex app and a locally hosted plex server to serve 4K content.

HDR enabled 4K files have numerous issues.

Any MKV file with Dolby Atmos forces transcoding on Plex.

Any MP4 with HVEC and AC-3 buffers every 10-15 seconds.

Apparently it is an issue with the DASH protocol and this issue has been persistent for years.

[BUG] HEVC 4K transcoding instead of DirectStream (updated ) - please fix

4K playback Direct Play Xbox one X

Xbox One X and 4K X265 HDR / Dolby Atmos

"Platform Issue" causing 4K HDR videos to transcode in Plex, losing HDR : xboxinsiders

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE

It is not the file because it direct plays on my LG TV no problem. Only the Xbox One X has issues...

:)

Splinter Rogue3, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Analysis
    Analysis Guest
    Analysis, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Dodgexander
    Dodgexander Guest
    Dodgexander, Nov 28, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Hello Splinter!

Thanks for coming to the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble using the Plex App on an Xbox One is that correct? Did you get the most recent updates for the Plex App as well as the Xbox Ones systems update? I recommend contacting
    the developers of the content and check if they have more information about their App. Give us a few more details to determine how to best assist you.

Thanks for reaching out!

XBF George L, Nov 29, 2018
  5. I have checked and ensured everything is up to date. I have contacted the developer, and as you can see by the numerous links, Plex staff is aware of the issue and reportedly still waiting on a fix from Microsoft to fix a flaw with its native player.

Splinter Rogue3, Nov 6, 2018
  6. Splinter Rogue3 Win User

I have checked and ensured everything is up to date. I have contacted the developer, and as you can see by the numerous links, Plex staff is aware of the issue and reportedly still waiting on a fix from Microsoft to fix a flaw with its native player.
  7. XBF George L Win User

Hello Splinter!

Thanks for coming to the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble using the Plex App on an Xbox One is that correct? Did you get the most recent updates for the Plex App as well as the Xbox Ones systems update? I recommend contacting
    the developers of the content and check if they have more information about their App. Give us a few more details to determine how to best assist you.

Thanks for reaching out!
  8. IRB Win User

Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?

Of course Xbox One X supports 4K and HDR for both compatible video content and games, but Xbox One S should support 4K video content and HDR color palettes for games. The original first-gen Xbox One unfortunately will not support either.
    So you are saying it does indeed do 1080p games with hdr?
  9. JOSHardson Win User

Plex Media Server- Constantly Buffering Movies for 4k movies.

Yeah. Bought an XB1X primarily to play 4K HDR PLEX content. Getting with PLEX to get this fixed would be really nice.
  10. RandyAU93 Win User

Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?

Of course Xbox One X supports 4K and HDR for both compatible video content and games, but Xbox One S should support 4K video content and HDR color palettes for games. The original first-gen Xbox One unfortunately will not support either.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay - Similar Threads - does support HDR

2. Why does xbox only support some usb headsets?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox only support some usb headsets?: I am devastated. I bought a razer kraken rgb kitty edition usb headset thinking it would work on the xbox since it has usb ports and I've had a usb headset before and it worked just fine. Now I...
  3. Does the Scarlet Xbox support HDMI??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Scarlet Xbox support HDMI??: Does the Scarlet Xbox support HDMI??? 61c90250-23c3-4151-8c1a-ca8b600031be
  4. How does one get in touch with Microsoft? Customer support not working ive been trying for...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How does one get in touch with Microsoft? Customer support not working ive been trying for...: see topic. Im trying to get in touch with Xbox but the customer support is not working. not the phone, not the chat 84ecd239-57cd-4e77-9203-7efffe4d56de
  5. Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...: Ive tried to return a digital game that literally does not work. Was bought more than 14 days ago BUT DOES NOT WORK. Tried every possible fix from rockstar the developers of the game and nothing...
  6. Xbox one X does not support my 1440p monitor

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one X does not support my 1440p monitor: I have a LG-34UC88-B Monitor with 3440x1440. It has also HDMI 2.0. but the Xbox one X only let me play in 1080p. I have read several times that the Xbox supports 1440p monitors. I know that my...
  7. Does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p?: So I use my Xbox one X hooked up to a monitor however I am getting a new monitor which is not 4K due to my PC not handling 4K games and down scaling on a 4K monitor to 1080p looks garbage so my...
  8. Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?: I have an Epson 5040ub projector. It doesn't do full 4k but it does take a 4k signal and does a great job of enhancing 1080p to look really close to 4k. Problem is that I can watch a 4k HDR disc,...
  9. Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?: Hi I am considering into purchasing a 4K TV just for HDR support. I prefer to play games such as GEARS 4 and TOMB RAIDER in 60 fps performance mode weven without 4K, however I do want to see what...
  10. xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!!: Xbox one s only supports hdr game with ycbcr 4:2:0 while playing forza horizon 3. It should support ycbcr 4:2:2 4k 60Hz as well for better picture quality. 4fce5209-2f26-466f-919d-f7a413926fee