Xbox one X does not support my 1440p monitor

Discus and support Xbox one X does not support my 1440p monitor in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a LG-34UC88-B Monitor with 3440x1440. It has also HDMI 2.0. but the Xbox one X only let me play in 1080p. I have read several times that the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JH_X, Jun 18, 2019.

1. JH_X
    JH_X Guest

I have a LG-34UC88-B Monitor with 3440x1440. It has also HDMI 2.0. but the Xbox one X only let me play in 1080p. I have read several times that the Xbox supports 1440p monitors. I know that my monitor is a 21:9 and i only get 16:9 stretched but that is
    not my problem. Do i have to do some sort of update to get my xbox to give me that 1440p image (now my xbox says that there are no updates available.

:)

2. HomegrownSilky Win User

Error on xb1x selecting 4k

The Xbox One X supports 120hz only at 1440p and 1080p resolutions. It does not support 120hz at 4k. So unless your TV or monitor supports 1440p resolution (many don't), you will only get 1080p when selecting 120hz.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X - 1440p?

Hi,

The maximum supported resolution of Series S will be 1440P. Series X just like the Xbox One X before it will support 1440P too.

It will work on your monitor, don't worry.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one X at 1440p?

Hi,

Sorry, I think you've become confused by the monitor specification. This monitor is
    not a 1440P monitor. The '1440' in this monitor spec refers to the vertical resolution of the screen, but the horizontal resolution is 3440.

This means your monitor's maximum resolution is 3440x1440. This is an Ultra-Wide 21.9 display. Unfortunately the Xbox One X does not support ultra wide monitors and as a true 1440P display uses a 16.9 aspect ratio, it won't fit correctly. It works on your
    PC because your PCs graphics card supports these resolutions, the Xbox One X does not.

I hope that makes sense.
  5. KingOfTheRen Win User

Xbox One X won't output 1440p at 120hz

I would look into your monitor and call DELL not Microsoft. I also have a One X and have never had any problems, as soon as select 120hz it automatically drops me down from 4K to 1440p. You must be misunderstanding something about your monitor as there
    must be a defect of some sort or your monitor does not support 1440p at 120hz.

For reference, before responding I booted on both my One X's. One is connected to a Samsung 4K QLED and I had no problem switching from 4k 60 to 1440p 120. My other X is connected via an LG 4K monitor and again when selecting 1440p OR 120hz it automatically
    selects 1440p or 120hz without any issues.
  6. Impaled Wizard0 Win User

Xbox One X not detecting 1440p

Hello,

Was this resolved?

I too an looking into this monitor for my One X but have heard 1440p is not supported.

Many Thanks,
Thema:

1. Xbox one X does not support my 1440p monitor - Similar Threads - does support 1440p

2. Does the Xbox Series S Support an External Disk Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox Series S Support an External Disk Drive: For someone already owning disks for xbox one to xbox, it's a hard pick when it comes to the next gen consoles. On one side, the Xbox Series X is amazing with it's disk drive, but not so much for...
  3. My resolution does not support.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My resolution does not support.: I recently streamed my xbox one from my old tv (that supports only 360p quality) to my monitor that supports higher resolution, so I changed it to a higher one. But I forgot to turn it back before...
  4. Fight Simulator 2020 Joystick LG Attack 3 does not work? Where is the list of supported...

in XBoX on Windows
    Fight Simulator 2020 Joystick LG Attack 3 does not work? Where is the list of supported...: Hello, I am playing with FS 2020 but does not recognize my joystick LG Attack 3. I tried to insert basic commands by hand BUT the sensibility is terrible, can't really play, immediately loose the...
  5. 3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox...: So I'm looking at getting a new headset for my Xbox Series X. What I'm having a hard time figuring out is exactly what type of technology the headset I get needs in order to support the new 3D...
  6. Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...: For a year now, I have been unable to play Shenmue due to my cloud save being corrupt. The game only supports cloud saves, in offline mode, the game has no option to save. As a result of this,...
  7. My market not supported, what does it mean and how fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My market not supported, what does it mean and how fix it: I keep getting this message whenever i try to purchase the season 4 gamepass of MW a915590f-88e3-4267-a033-056deb7daf71
  8. contact support for microsoft rewards link does not work from microsoft rewards website

in XBoX Accessibility
    contact support for microsoft rewards link does not work from microsoft rewards website: Can some one please fix the broken link to contact microsoft rewards support please? It was working well last week but not working since this morning eastern time US and is sending us into a loop...
  9. Does Xbox Support cost money?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox Support cost money?: I want know, does chatting with Xbox support cost me anything? 3b791a49-fb3d-41e4-8a11-1a4d662e66c5
  10. Xbox Bricked by insider build... Does Xbox Insider provide support anymore?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Bricked by insider build... Does Xbox Insider provide support anymore?: Console rebooted for forced insider update... and came up in the "Something went wrong" screen. Factory reset does not work as it boots back into the something went wrong screen after the attempt....