Xbox One X EU Extended Warranty?

Discus and support Xbox One X EU Extended Warranty? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I did read a similar thread but it didnt really answer my question. I purchased the Xbox One Scorpio in November 2017 in the UK from an online... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stugod2k, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Stugod2k
    Stugod2k Guest

I did read a similar thread but it didnt really answer my question. I purchased the Xbox One Scorpio in November 2017 in the UK from an online retailer.

It died today with some kind of update error E105 then E102 then E101. Tried all the recommended fixes including the offline update by USB. No joy. I'm assuming an issue with the HDD. It just power cycles constantly to "Something went wrong"

I entered my serial number and Microsoft shows only a 1 year warranty period (expired) and that it will cost £239 to replace the unit.. Which I feel is excessive for a £400 console.

Am I covered by an extended warranty under EU regulations? And does MS always charge a standard £239 without even diagnosing the fault?

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Stugod2k, Nov 8, 2019
  2. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi Stugod2k,

sorry to hear. And yes you are right as a EU member your console has got a 2 year warranty periode.
    And until the spring, there was actually no problem with the warranty periods displayed under
    https://account.microsoft.com/devices/. But sometime after some design Change of the webside,
    we were shown the wrong periods!!!!

And I think if your check your device you will be also redirected to the US Servers. I have tested this with my ONE X which should be also still in a warranty periode and I also
    redirected on the us Server and they say NO WARRANTY (and my was bought december 2018!!!)!!!
    Hopefully this are only network problems and they will fix it.

But you have to reach the support by phone (like XBF Brad A wrote) or you force your dealer to argue with MS.

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  3. Koods Win User

As the console is over 12 months old it would be the case I believe that you had to prove an inherrent fault at time of purchase - something that in your case would be incredibly difficult to do so. As for charging outwith warranty, yes that's bog standard
    as in essence it's to cover the cost of a replacement refurbished machine, generally the situation would be you'd send it back and they'd just send out another machine from inventory.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Stugod,

Thanks for coming to the forums. The price for the repair is standard no matter what the issue is, or what is wrong with it. As for the EU warranty it would be the retailer you purchased the console from. As this is a region mandated warranty they will be
    able to provide more information. You can request a call from support to go over the EU warranty also.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. jbremvelame Win User

Resident Evil 0 Crashing Problem

Pelo que eu sei esse problema so acontece no xbox one S e no X.

No Fat nao
  6. ngocphi Win User

Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do?

Well typically you dont take a console to the ms store unless you bought the extended warranty

Are you sure you took it to an ms store ?

Because they wouldnt do console out of warranty.

An ms authorized repair center isnt a xbox repair center

You only contact support for repair not an ms store unless you bought an extended warramty with ms store directly

Fyi the warranty for an xbox one x is 2 years in eu

If you took it to an unauthorized repair center then you voided it

There is only one way to get it repaired and its only thru the website

An ms store wouldnt "check" a console.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X EU Extended Warranty? - Similar Threads - Extended Warranty

2. Xbox extend warranty online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox extend warranty online: Why does Microsoft offer warranty complete on Xbox live, when you only allow to go in store .Reason I'm asking, I've brought it online thinking i was covered but wasn't and now my xbox not cover...
  3. Extended Warranty Doesn't Cover Power Supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extended Warranty Doesn't Cover Power Supply: OK, so I buy an Xbox One Elite and they talked me into an extended warranty at one of the Microsoft Store/Kiosk outlets. So this week the power supply makes some kind of loud whining noise....
  4. Extended Warranty for Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extended Warranty for Xbox One X: Hello, I’m just wondering, is there an extended warranty programme for the Xbox One X, like there was when the original Xbox One was released? Thanks 18c979e4-74c8-44e2-8b8f-80b4f38eda43
  5. Xbox X extended Warranty for Scorpio bought in the UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X extended Warranty for Scorpio bought in the UK: I see that the Xbox X pre-orders were opened up again today and you can purchase an additional 3 year warranty if you use the microsoft store for the purchase. I have used the microsoft store...
  6. GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY (Elite controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY (Elite controller): Straight to the point, If where ever you are buying an elite controller or anything Xbox related and offers extended warranty, GET IT. It is ridiculous that a $150 controller comes with only 90...
  7. Extended Warranty - Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extended Warranty - Elite Controller: The normal warranty on the Elite Controller is 90 days. Is there an Extended Warranty for the Elite Controller, like there is of an Xbox One? 72b43c0e-5f2e-4c75-98e7-968828ad54f5
  8. extended warranty from sams club

in XBoX on Consoles
    extended warranty from sams club: i paid for a 3 year extended warranty with sams club. How can iI use It with Microsoft warranty? 4b09fafc-7ef7-40e8-8cf6-fc31e1235f60
  9. Microsoft not honoring Complete Care extended warranty? Anyone else had this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft not honoring Complete Care extended warranty? Anyone else had this issue?: Hey everyone, on 3 November I traded in my trusty Xbox 360 Slim for a brand new Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Xbox One and got the Complete Care 3-year extended warranty. After...
  10. Can't express my frustration in words - beware of extended warranty aka Microsoft complete

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't express my frustration in words - beware of extended warranty aka Microsoft complete: I purchased the extended warranty from the store in December but neither microsoftstore support nor the xbox support can find the order. They can't confirm the warranty. I can't find the extended...