Xbox One X External HDD issue since 29/05/2020

Discus and support Xbox One X External HDD issue since 29/05/2020 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Anyone else having issues with their external HDD. I have had 2 drives connected to my xbox one x for the last few years, now console is only picking... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/IntrovertRyan, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Xbox One X External HDD issue since 29/05/2020

Anyone else having issues with their external HDD. I have had 2 drives connected to my xbox one x for the last few years, now console is only picking up one if them. I've gone through all the steps to check other USB ports , system resets ext and nothing. Thought my drive was buggered so ordered a new one which came today, a WD Elemements 8tb external drive and that is not even being acknowledged by the console, I know this HDD works as ive got a 2tb one connected already and that's working fine. The day the other one stopped working was the same date as the most current alpha skip ahead programme update.

submitted by /u/IntrovertRyan
    [link] [comments]

/u/IntrovertRyan, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Tzar of kaos Win User

New XBox One must become far more powerful...

In 2020, for the 9th generation.

For a bigger HDD,it might happen but since i can plug "every" external HHD ,it doesn't matter.
  3. supermm Win User

after december update will not see external drive.

I have two Xbox One's (Day one editon and a One X), both an external HDD (1TB), latest update and no issues.
  4. SatNiteEduardo Win User

Xbox One's HDD is clearly problematic. Not future-proof at all.

5. H3PA80R Win User

Xbox One/external SSD

Sorry to hear that you have issues with your external hdds. Personally I never run into any issues with all 3 hdds I have connected with my Xbox One X. They where detected, formated and work as they should.
  6. SkaSide 18 Win User

External storage

Thema:

Xbox One X External HDD issue since 29/05/2020

1. Xbox One X External HDD issue since 29/05/2020 - Similar Threads - External HDD issue

2. [Tech] Selected few games not installing on external HDD issue

in XboX Insiders
    [Tech] Selected few games not installing on external HDD issue: Hi folks. I don't know if this is insider related as the issue has been present for about 6 months for me now - it has persisted through a full format of the external drive with no joy. I have a...
  3. External HDD issues (Omega ring)

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD issues (Omega ring): I’m not sure if this is an Insider-issue, but posting here because it is a possibility. As of approximately 1 am this morning, I am unable to open anything installed on the external hard drive of...
  4. Console shuts down external HDD issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console shuts down external HDD issue: Hello, i use an XBOX ONE X with the external HDD Western Digital My Book 12 TB USB 3.0. The Problem i got, is that when i go to XBOX Settings → System → Storage → select the external HDD →...
  5. External HDD issues Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD issues Alpha Skip Ahead: has anyone had issues with their external hard drive where it will not show the games but it will list the number of games near the Games info in games & apps. i have tried the drive on another...
  6. Update issue with external hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update issue with external hdd: Since July 2019 update, my Xbox x will not recognize my wd external hdd. I have done all steps already as per your site with no luck. Help please. Used my friends seagate hdd and it was...
  7. Unformatted external HDD issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unformatted external HDD issue: sorry in advance for a lengthy post, but wanted to include as much detail as possible to get better feedback...I have a 250GB external HDD on my 360. The HDD is at least 2 years old. Roughly 1-2...
  8. External hdd issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hdd issue: i just got a new 2tb toshiba canvio external hard drive. I was able to install it to my xbox one but my xbox only reads it for pics, video and music, nothing else. It doesn't give me an option to...
  9. External hdd causing NAT issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hdd causing NAT issue: Hi i brought my son a WD elements 2TB external hdd i also use the same one with no problems, my son however has an issue. When he plugs HDD in it puts his Nat type to strict for no reason. The hd...
  10. New Xbox One - Preview Program - External HDD Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox One - Preview Program - External HDD Issue: I am one participating in New XO Preview Program, when start of new dashboard the External HDD is not more recognized in system, ok, it's new... fine. But, started download, more than 1 TB...