Xbox one x fan no longer increasing rpm

Discus and support Xbox one x fan no longer increasing rpm in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I have a well ventilated clean xbox one x. Until recently everything was fine, now the console will show down due to overheating during more... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bingersfromhalo1, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Xbox one x fan no longer increasing rpm

Hello I have a well ventilated clean xbox one x. Until recently everything was fine, now the console will show down due to overheating during more intense destiny 2 bosses. (I only play one game lol so thats not it).

If i kept a fan on it and switch ice packs every 20 mins i could play but thats lame. I decided to redo the thermal paste and had hope that would help but it did not.

I noticed the fan even when the system gets very hot stays the same rpm. Before it would definitely increase when under pressure.

Not sure if this fault of the fan itself or possibly a thermometer malfunction or some sort of controller.

I keep getting the shutdown error of that the xbox will try to protect itself from overheating when I turn it back on...and I just want to tell it well then increase the fan speed lol.

:)

Bingersfromhalo1, Jul 20, 2020
  2. IllMagician6668 Win User

XBOX ONE S overheating

And it shuts simply down without any message.

Why it does not increase fan RPM?!
  3. itsHYPEghosty Win User

[XBOX X] Fan RPM goes up and down permanently (4K)

Hi Community,

i'm a new XBOX (X) Player. Yesterday i bought the box and after a big software update i tested the Box with the "Insect" 4K Demo.

In this case (4k Content) the fan RPM goes up and down permanently. Fan Noise is ok. The Problem is really annoying because the fluctuating fan sound pushes itself into the foreground. imho a more stable fan noise would be significantly
    better.

anyone else has this problem? perhaps a hardware issue...power savings setting...?

regards

Sven
    Hello albernerHelge,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have come across this issue and I completely understand why this may be frustrating.

Firstly; Sometimes, even when new, the fans may have dust in them or the screw holding the fan down may be to tight causing that the fan motor needs to work harder. I have previously had this issue before and I took it to a Games Console
    repair store and they fix it completely.

Secondly; Even when running 4K on The Xbox One X, it does cause the loudness of the fan and RPM to increase because the Xbox One X is using lots of RAM, CPU and GPU due to lots of pixels being to displayed, but not that long ago this design-floor
    was resolved and no one should be suffering from this anymore.

I hope I have helped you today and leaving some feedback would be really appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Kieran David
  4. RobertReido Win User

XBOX 360 150W Jasper POWER SUPPLY BRICK AC ADAPTER

The reason your Power Brick is making a humming noise, is because inside of the power brick. Is a little fan, this fan keeps your Power Brick at the correct temperature. If your power brick gets hot, the fans RPM will increase and it will make a humming
    sound because your XBOX Power Brick Fan is cooling down your Power Brick. Nothing to worry about unless it's a roaring sound.
  5. Randver Win User

How do I go about buying an external hard drive for the xbox one?

Yep and the cheaper the better. One of the gaming websites did a comparison of the different types ( 5400 rpm, 7200 rpm and SSD) The additional cost of the faster drives wasn't worth the small performance increase you'd see.
  6. Enetico Win User

What's the speed of the hard drive of the Xbox one X?

The xbox one x has a 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive and it is not user replaceable.
Thema:

Xbox one x fan no longer increasing rpm

1. Xbox one x fan no longer increasing rpm - Similar Threads - fan longer increasing

2. Xbox fans squealing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fans squealing: Hi i have been playing xbox for about 2 years this is my second xbox all of a sudden i hear a squealing sound from my xbox one s it is driving me crazy i’m not sure how to fix the problem i was...
  3. My Xbox fan is broken

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox fan is broken: So I have had this Xbox since 2017, The Xbox One S. And I thought the sound was normal until it started getting worse and it would overheat. I noticed it getting worse around 2018-2019 and I put a...
  4. Xbox one X fan issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X fan issue: Hi :-) I have literally just bought a brand new XBox one X. NOTE: it is on energy saving mode. The fan will not turn off after the console is switched off or after a hard reset. I would...
  5. Xbox One S Weird Fan Sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Weird Fan Sound: Hello, I have an issue with my Xbox One S console. Recently when I would start the console the console has developed an issue I believe regarding the fan. For some reason now it makes a really...
  6. Xbox one X fan is loud

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X fan is loud: Ive noticed the fan being really loud while playing red dead redemtion 2, witcher 3, or gears 4. I play with a mix of headset or sound system so not sure if its done it the whole time ive had the...
  7. Not a fan of the new update that removed the GamePass icons from installed games in the...

in XboX Insiders
    Not a fan of the new update that removed the GamePass icons from installed games in the...: I just cleaned up my HD the other day by uninstalling all the GamePass titles that no longer had the icon (meaning I could no longer play them). This was much easier than having to keep up...
  8. What can Xbox Fans do to make Microsoft/Xbox restart support for Kinect 2.0 usage in games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What can Xbox Fans do to make Microsoft/Xbox restart support for Kinect 2.0 usage in games...: What will it take for Microsoft's Xbox arm to fully support Kinect 2.0 on Xbox Series X? Would a Kickstarter Campaign, Digital Petition, or the Xbox Insider Feedback get this question answered?...
  9. Xbox One X (Project Scorpio) pulsating fans

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X (Project Scorpio) pulsating fans: So for the past week I noticed an imperfection with my system. The unit's fan is pulsating or revving up and down like that of a car engine. It's the equivalent of someone repeatedly tapping the...
  10. Fan no longer spinning.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fan no longer spinning.: Hello this issue started a few hours ago i just received The new Naruto game and started installing it while this was happening I started watching TV after a while I came back and noticed the Xbox...