Xbox one X Freezes and Crashes and now will not work

Discus and support Xbox one X Freezes and Crashes and now will not work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the first day I have bought This brand new Xbox one X it has been crashing games and having minor issues like hanging apps. The console was still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IShaolinStyleI, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Xbox one X Freezes and Crashes and now will not work

Since the first day I have bought This brand new Xbox one X it has been crashing games and having minor issues like hanging apps. The console was still playable and there was really no apparent reason to have it sent in for repairs. This morning after a
    couple hours of playing my game crashed, not a major issues this is pretty normal at this point. But this time the games will not relaunch and the Xbox freezes. I run through all the trouble shooting, I reset the Xbox, I factory reset the Xbox, I do a manual
    offline update. I get the Xbox to boot into the home menu game still will not launch, keeps freezing. I have fixed the Xbox at least 3 times, only for it to work for a brief period and then all the problems start again. I am now certain there is a serious
    issue. I call customer service to request a repair it turns out that my warranty expired 10 days ago. So they basically tell me unless I pay $250 they wont do anything about this. This is entirely not my fault, I have never opened this Xbox let alone moved
    it around it has stayed in the same spot since I bought it. It pretty suspicious to me that the Xbox finally break 10 days after the warranty expires. How do I find out whats wrong it since Microsoft wont do anything about it.

:)

IShaolinStyleI, Sep 1, 2019
  2. IShaolinStyleI Win User

I contacted customer support again, and explained to them about the warranty and trouble shooting I did. As of now the console won't even stay powered on, they have issued me an order for repair and are emailing me a shipping label.
  3. Gimpy_P Win User

You say " I have fixed the Xbox at least 3 times, only for it to work for a brief period and then all the problems start again. ", does that mean you've sent it in? Self repair?

If these have been "ongoing issues" there is nothing to be suspicious about, even then the consoles do not contain a warranty ending doomsday clock built into them...
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey ShaolinStyle

Thank you for taking the time to post this no the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are inquiring on how to make your console function properly once more.

You mentioned that you have already contact Xbox Customer Support, but I would encourage you to contact them once more, as suggested by Xbox Forums Ambassador {Parity}
    suggested.

If you are not too far off from your warranty expiration, there is a possibility that reaching out to them again might yield alternative options to assist you on this matter.

Try once more and reach out to use and let us know if you are able to find a favorable resolution.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Things happen. Unfortunately, you will have to pay to have it repaired if it is not under warranty.

The best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello ShaolinStyle,

Now that this is in the hands of our customer support team, we will be locking this thread to prevent any repetitive responses. We do wish you luck and hope that you'll be back to gaming soon!

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. Xbox one X Freezes and Crashes and now will not work - Similar Threads - Freezes Crashes

2. Xbox one X freezing and crashing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X freezing and crashing.: A few days ago i was playing AC odyssey and my game froze, crashed, and then i got the notification to clear my local save, so i did. However when i went to play again, the game crashed, and now...
  3. Gears 5 On PC Crashes and Freezes

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 On PC Crashes and Freezes: I have been having trouble with gears 5 since the 10th and i have tried everything from updating my drivers and updating windows and it continues to freeze up on me my pc meets all the recommended...
  4. Xbox console freezing/crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox console freezing/crashing: Hello so im asking for a friend of mines im an xbox amabassador ive tried to help with her situation with her xbox one console that keeps crashing and freezing also with a certain game that wont...
  5. Xbox app freezes and crashes when trying to go to profile

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app freezes and crashes when trying to go to profile: Why? How to fix? I had an older version, which worked, but I was suckered into updating it when it started crashing at sign in. Now an important part doesn't work anymore....
  6. Minecraft consistently crashing/freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft consistently crashing/freezing: For the last 3 months my son has been unable to play minecraft as it consistently freezes and then he has to press the home button to quit out. We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and...
  7. My backwards compatible game keeps crashing/freezing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My backwards compatible game keeps crashing/freezing.: So i have lost planet 2 on disc and the game kept crashing/freezing a lot and i thought it was the disc because it was pretty old so i bought the game again yesterday this time digitally and the...
  8. My xbox oneS keeps freezing / crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox oneS keeps freezing / crashing: Hi, Since i bought my game, It keeps freezing / crashing. Initially i thought it was the game because i have never had an issue with my previous consoles and the fact that this only happened with...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 edition freezing and crashing.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 edition freezing and crashing.: 10-15 minutes into playing, my game will sudden freeze, get a white screen, then I usually either need to close it or it closes itself. It's exceedingly frustrating and I don't know what causes...
  10. Metro Exodus crashing/freezing and not saving progress.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus crashing/freezing and not saving progress.: Are people still having issues with Metro Exodus? My game has been freezing/crashing at least 10 times today and its getting more and more frequent. It is also not saving my progress, I end up...