Xbox One X freezes & crashes on some games

Discus and support Xbox One X freezes & crashes on some games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, i'm facing some freezes with console crashes on some games. Should this be an Hardware Error? My Situation: Games like Gears 5 and Forza Horizon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BjörnBlank, Oct 18, 2019.

1. BjörnBlank
    BjörnBlank Guest

Hi, i'm facing some freezes with console crashes on some games.

Should this be an Hardware Error?

My Situation:

Games like Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4, Battlefield V, Apex Legends, ... are working very well and smooth in 4k.

I have problems with Red Dead Redemption 2 (from disk) and Metro Exodus (downloaded from store).

These games are starting, but on the beginning of the intro sequence (ingame) the games are freezing.

Then nothing happens and i'm pressing the Xbox Button to go to the homescreen.

Then the console shuts down itself.

The console stands free on a large place.

I've started the console and then i tried to play the games.

No other apps were started before.

The temperature of the console is cool - no heat.

Powermode is set to "energy-saving".

My tested possible solutions:

Putting the Xbox One X AC adapter directly to the wall.

Softreset of the console.

Deleting local files.

New installation of these games.

Shutting down the console and taken it from the energy for 15 minutes to clear caches.

I've tried installation of these games on internal HDD and external SSD.

None of these actions had an success.

Have you an idea whats happen on my console?

:)

BjörnBlank, Oct 18, 2019
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Metro Exodus not starting, despite being downloaded

Are you on an Xbox One X, by chance? There were some known issues in Metro Exodus with crashing and freezing on the Xbox One X, sadly. Hopefully these issues will be getting patched very soon.
  3. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello BjörnBlank!

When you reset your console... Did you go with the "keep my games and apps" option or "Delete everything" option?

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest the "Delete everything" option. That's the most extreme troubleshooting tool that you can attempt before having to have your console serviced / repaired. Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. BjörnBlank Win User

Hi, is this not part of a soft reset for the console? :)

How should i do this?
  5. BjörnBlank Win User

Hi, i've selected "keep my games and apps".

I would try the other option this evening.

Is it okay to move my games to the external drive, disconnect it and connect it when the Xbox is ready again?
  6. BjörnBlank Win User

Hello !

When you reset your console... Did you go with the "keep my games and apps" option or "Delete everything" option?

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest the "Delete everything" option. That's the most extreme troubleshooting tool that you can attempt before having to have your console serviced / repaired. Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
    Hi,

i've done the reset, but i didn't changed anything.

Same problem as before.

best regards
Thema:

1. Xbox One X freezes & crashes on some games - Similar Threads - freezes crashes games

2. My backwards compatible game keeps crashing/freezing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My backwards compatible game keeps crashing/freezing.: So i have lost planet 2 on disc and the game kept crashing/freezing a lot and i thought it was the disc because it was pretty old so i bought the game again yesterday this time digitally and the...
  3. Why are my games freezing and crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my games freezing and crashing: My Xbox keeps freezing and crashing after 5-10 minutes of gameplay and i am forced to do a factory reset to fix the problem. 471329d1-4531-4674-8b75-9cbacceb9cf2
  4. ever since august update all my game freeze and crash I have complained and nothing has been ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ever since august update all my game freeze and crash I have complained and nothing has been ...: for some reason (this has never happened before) now when I play call of duty advanced warfare, exo zombies the game will randomly freeze and make an odd stuttering/ buzzing noise and I have to...
  5. xbox one x freezing console crashing on certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x freezing console crashing on certain games: ive had this problem happen to me multiple times now i dont know if its hardware or software related i bought an xbox one x for Christmas of last year it worked fine for a few months no problems...
  6. Games freezing and crashing xbox one x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games freezing and crashing xbox one x: I just got red dead redemption 2 and every time I play it it crashes after 5 - 10 minutes. This happens with some other games but not nearly as often. I have tried a power cycle, factory reset,...
  7. Required update on 6/25/2018, now game freezes/crashes!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Required update on 6/25/2018, now game freezes/crashes!: I was prompted to do the required update for CoD WW2 today, and now the game freezes/crashes! It is no longer playable. How do I fix this so I can play, without deleting the game and all of my...
  8. Game freezes/crashes when trying to 'set sail'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game freezes/crashes when trying to 'set sail': HELP! The game freezes/crashes when I try to 'set sail' or join a game. Anyone have the same issue or recommend a fix? I have the game on disc with Xbox One S. I have gone through all the...
  9. Xbox Box X games crashing and freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Box X games crashing and freezing: Playing Fallout 4 on Xbox One X from disk, and game upon loading just crashes or freezes up. Removing and reinstalling fails to fix problem. Using a Seagate 8TB game drive connected by usb 3.0. So...
  10. Xbox one X Freezing & Crashing and Wont Load Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X Freezing & Crashing and Wont Load Games: Hello, my gamertag is and im having this issue with my Xbox one X it happened shortly after playing Tera for a while. I have systemupdates on automatic so im not too sure if its a system update...