Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now...

Discus and support Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; And now, my Xbox is somehow installing Halo 5 Guardians, again. As soon as I put the disk in, it started installing. I assume there is a way to prevent... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SenileTomato, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now...

And now, my Xbox is somehow installing Halo 5 Guardians, again. As soon as I put the disk in, it started installing. I assume there is a way to prevent it from making an immediate install of a game as soon as the disc is inserted, but I'm not sure where that setting is.

I just don't understand what's going on, where is it installing it now that I have restarted my Xbox, and it now recognizes that I have Halo 5 previously installed? Yet it continues to install the game...

In addition, is there any way to take a screenshot or make a recording while you are NOT in a game? It appears Microsoft doesn't allow you to do so, unless you are in game.

submitted by /u/SenileTomato
    [link] [comments]

/u/SenileTomato, Sep 28, 2019
  2. reddevildj Win User

external hard drive

I got an external hard drive for my Xbox One and installed everything on it, yesterday i turned off the Xbox while i was on a game and now my Xbox doesn't recognize the hard drive but when i connected it to my PC it is recognized.
  3. xxxDUNKaTRONxxx Win User

External Hard Drive not access content

Pretty sure it was the update. I have two 5tb hard drives and my xbox one x and both xbox one s don't recognize the hard drives now.
  4. ExtraBarrel9 Win User

Microsoft fix the Xbox or you lose customers (and credibility)

I've just finished downloading/installing the newest system update for xbox one. The xbox now no longer recognizes my external hard drive. I have tried numerous times restarting the system, as well as unplugging/replugging in the external hard drive.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Installs disappearing?

Is it possible that your Xbox One is no longer recognizing your external hard drive. If your games are installed on that drive, then that would be why they are now in the ready to install section.
  6. ExtraBarrel9 Win User

External Hard drive for media

I am experiencing a similar issue. I just updated my Xbox One and now it no longer recognizes my external hard drive at all.
Thema:

Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now...

1. Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now... - Similar Threads - Frequently Recognizing Healthy

2. Can the Xbox 360 get updated more frequently instead of like once a month

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can the Xbox 360 get updated more frequently instead of like once a month: Can the Xbox 360 be updated more frequently 441a066d-7b4b-438c-8c25-64e7883d2e2d
  3. Alpha Tester Question, How Frequent Are The Updates?

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Tester Question, How Frequent Are The Updates?: Just signed up, but before I complete the sign up I want to know how frequent the updates for it are. submitted by /u/GamingAndChilll [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox App Frequently Crashing on Mobile (iOS)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App Frequently Crashing on Mobile (iOS): frequently when using the xbox app on mobile, it crashes, and i am forced to relaunch the app. as far as i know the app, as well as my phone are up to date. is this a known issue and are there any...
  5. Wireless Controller Disconnects Frequently

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Controller Disconnects Frequently: Every hour or so my xbox controller will disconnect and one the batteries have been taken out and put back the my wired headset will not work without alme unplugging my console. When the...
  6. Frequent temporary (5 mins or so) console and game crashes on the latest beta build

in XboX Insiders
    Frequent temporary (5 mins or so) console and game crashes on the latest beta build: I was just wondering if anybody else was experiencing this issue? I understand it's a beta, and it's a beta for a reason, but I'd just like to know if it's my Xbox or a temporary problem. I've...
  7. Xbox One S requires frequent resets to function

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S requires frequent resets to function: As the title said my xbox one S requires increasingly frequent resets to function. Initially it would just slow to the point where i called in and asked for a solution which they told me was...
  8. Wireless Controller & Bluetooth Headset Disconnects Frequently From Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Controller & Bluetooth Headset Disconnects Frequently From Xbox One X: I have the standard Xbox One X wireless controller and a wireless bluetooth Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset paired to my Xbox one X. During game play, it would sporadically disconnect both...
  9. Elite Controller Series 2 - frequently loses connection for a second or two (Win10/BT)

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite Controller Series 2 - frequently loses connection for a second or two (Win10/BT): Hi there - having issues with my Elite Controller Series 2 - I've got it connected via Bluetooth, but every now and then it'll lose connection for a brief second or two, causing the centre light...
  10. Frequently wont load games, restart or turn on - Xbox One X

in XboX Insiders
    Frequently wont load games, restart or turn on - Xbox One X: Bit of an odd mix of issues here. First noticed yesterday on two occasions, I turned on the controller and the console didn't boot, I pressed the console power and it made the chime but didn't...