Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now...

Discus and support Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; And now, my Xbox is somehow installing Halo 5 Guardians, again. As soon as I put the disk in, it started installing. I assume there is a way to prevent... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SenileTomato, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now...

And now, my Xbox is somehow installing Halo 5 Guardians, again. As soon as I put the disk in, it started installing. I assume there is a way to prevent it from making an immediate install of a game as soon as the disc is inserted, but I'm not sure where that setting is.

I just don't understand what's going on, where is it installing it now that I have restarted my Xbox, and it now recognizes that I have Halo 5 previously installed? Yet it continues to install the game...

In addition, is there any way to take a screenshot or make a recording while you are NOT in a game? It appears Microsoft doesn't allow you to do so, unless you are in game.

submitted by /u/SenileTomato
    [link] [comments]

/u/SenileTomato, Sep 28, 2019
  2. reddevildj Win User

external hard drive

I got an external hard drive for my Xbox One and installed everything on it, yesterday i turned off the Xbox while i was on a game and now my Xbox doesn't recognize the hard drive but when i connected it to my PC it is recognized.
  3. xxxDUNKaTRONxxx Win User

External Hard Drive not access content

Pretty sure it was the update. I have two 5tb hard drives and my xbox one x and both xbox one s don't recognize the hard drives now.
  4. ExtraBarrel9 Win User

Microsoft fix the Xbox or you lose customers (and credibility)

I've just finished downloading/installing the newest system update for xbox one. The xbox now no longer recognizes my external hard drive. I have tried numerous times restarting the system, as well as unplugging/replugging in the external hard drive.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Installs disappearing?

Is it possible that your Xbox One is no longer recognizing your external hard drive. If your games are installed on that drive, then that would be why they are now in the ready to install section.
  6. ExtraBarrel9 Win User

External Hard drive for media

I am experiencing a similar issue. I just updated my Xbox One and now it no longer recognizes my external hard drive at all.
Thema:

Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now...

1. Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now... - Similar Threads - Frequently Recognizing Healthy

2. xbox 360 controller frequently disconnects on PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 360 controller frequently disconnects on PC: Hello, I have windows 10 with a microsoft xbox 360 wireless receiver and xbox 360 controller. The usb ports on my desktop works fine and the controller has over half battery left yet it has been...
  3. Is Error "0x87dd000" caused by the frequent outages of the Microsoft "Xbox Live Core...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Error "0x87dd000" caused by the frequent outages of the Microsoft "Xbox Live Core...: Is Error "0x87dd000" caused by the frequent outages of the Microsoft "Xbox Live Core Services"? You guys having cloud issues? lol 139096b8-1c3c-431b-823f-44d4ea153700
  4. Xbox 360 controller disconnecting frequently

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller disconnecting frequently: I have an official Xbox 360 controller and a controller charger that may be off brand. It turns the controller on I can use it but certain actions in certain games cause it to disconnect. For...
  5. Minesweeper frequently crashes

in XBoX on Windows
    Minesweeper frequently crashes: Minesweeper frequently crashes about a dozen times a week. Attached is the error code I get. As you can see, it occurred 4 times today in a very short period. It happens several of my Surface Pros...
  6. Assassin's Creed Odyssey frequent crash to title screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey frequent crash to title screen: I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I frequently have an issue where my game freezes (with an audible buzzing noise) and crashes back to the title screen. It seems to happen at points...
  7. My Xbox One X keeps updating rather frequently and during my game time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One X keeps updating rather frequently and during my game time.: My XBOX has updated itself three or four times in the last week or two. Today it just updated right in the middle of playing a PvP match. I wanted to capture the last 30 seconds of gameplay and as...
  8. Getting frequent disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting frequent disconnects: It started when i downloaded state of decay 2 heartland, 6108b140-efc3-4d8e-b13b-10b7a3c2e740
  9. Frequent Crashing Minecraft Win10 Bedrock in Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Frequent Crashing Minecraft Win10 Bedrock in Game: Hi, wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Im playing minecraft windows 10, and finding my game is crashing well upwards of 15 times per hour. It's usually triggered by block breaking or...
  10. Xbox frequently disconnects from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox frequently disconnects from internet: Recently I have been lagging out of games and party chat very freqently. My xbox says that internet connection was lost but I know this is not an internet problem because my brother’s xbox on the...