XBox One X Full Shutdown vs. Power Button Hard Reset.

Discus and support XBox One X Full Shutdown vs. Power Button Hard Reset. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It has always been my understanding that both of these methods for shutting down the One X console resulted in 'Clearing the Game Cache". Would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Corsair2, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Corsair2
    Corsair2 Guest

It has always been my understanding that both of these methods for shutting down the One X console resulted in 'Clearing the Game Cache".

Would someone clarify what actually takes place with each of these shutdown methods?

Is one method preferential over the other?

Please note I'm asking about the XBox One X model only.

Thanks.

:)

Corsair2, Oct 25, 2019
  2. iareBRENDEN Win User

I don't believe just doing a shut down clears the cache. Most times you'll get recommendations to do the full power cycle via the power button.
  3. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey there
    Corsair2
    !

Thank you for letting us know that we were able to answer your question today. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for
    further assistance and create a new thread. We will be more than happy to assist.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. Corsair2 Win User

Thanks, everyone for these answers.

XBF Amber M... May I quote (link to) your reply? I partake in a Bethesda Load Order forum where there has never been a really good definitive answer to this question... especially for the One X.

Thanks, Cheers.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Corsair,

Thanks for asking this question here on the forums. Regarding clearing cache on an Xbox One X, in order to do so you would need to

perform a full physical power cycle
    . This would be shutting down the console by pressing the power button and disconnecting the power cord from the rear of the console for 10 seconds. This clears out any cache lingering in the power supply, which is internal
    for the X and the S models of Xbox One, and is in the power supply brick of the original model.

Performing a restart, by selecting the reset option from the settings can also clear out the cobwebs, but unless you disconnect the power cord, it leaves whatever is lingering in the power supply there. Either way, restarting the console does help out a
    lot when doing troubleshooting and sometimes is the most simple way to alleviate some issues.

Lastly, there are the resets, which means factory reset, where you have 2 options:

soft factory reset (leaving games & apps installed) or full factory reset (removing everything)
    . These are also great troubleshooting steps to try as well; however, the full reset should only be used as a last chance option after trying all other solutions.

Typically, if you're just talking about turning off your console, I would recommend holding down the Xbox button on your controller until you get the menu that asks if you'd like to turn off the console or turn off the controller as this shuts down the console
    & controller.

I hope that this information helps you out. Let us know if you have any further questions.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

It is two different things, a shutdown, just turns off the Xbox, were as a powercycle or restart, empties the cache and anything else that should not be on the console, like temporary files.
Thema:

1. XBox One X Full Shutdown vs. Power Button Hard Reset. - Similar Threads - Full Shutdown Power

2. Full Shutdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Full Shutdown: Please add the "Full shutdown" option into the "Power mode" menu so that it can be chosen as the default method of turning off the Xbox. [img] I believe the "Energy-saving" mode is more like a...
  3. After full shutdown Xbox One X does not recognize Kinect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    After full shutdown Xbox One X does not recognize Kinect.: After update "OS version - 10.0.18363.7194 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1910.18363.7194.190929-1945)" Xbox One X does not recognize (does not turn on) the Kinect sensor after a full shutdown and power...
  4. After Controller update plugging in my RIG 400 headset will cause full shutdown of Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    After Controller update plugging in my RIG 400 headset will cause full shutdown of Xbox One S: I recently got a pop up that said the was an update for my controller. I updated it. After the update plugging in my xbox stereo headset adapter will cause a full shutdown of the Xbox One. The...
  5. Random full shutdown

in XboX Insiders
    Random full shutdown: this has happened twice in the last month or so, both times playing wrc 8, both times saving after completing a rally in career. I am on Beta insider and wondering if this is part of the new...
  6. Xbox One X just randomly full shutdown, Beta insider

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X just randomly full shutdown, Beta insider: playing wrc 8 and while in between loading career there was sound drop outs and shutdown. Turned back on and booted ok with no errors. console is cool so its not heat issue. i am on beta insider...
  7. Full shutdown Xbox one s and fan continue working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Full shutdown Xbox one s and fan continue working: Hi.i have a Xbox one s.i changed power option from instant mod to energy saving.now when i shutdown my xbox one s and consol goes shutdown . console fans working very slowly.after this shutdown if...
  8. Instant on mode does not work. Both power settings do a full shutdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant on mode does not work. Both power settings do a full shutdown: I have an Xbox One X I bought this year and have noticed that no matter which power setting (Instant on or Energy Savings) I have my Xbox on it always does a full boot(I see the 4k chip screen and...
  9. Xbox One why isn't Full shutdown working when "instant on" is off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One why isn't Full shutdown working when "instant on" is off: my main issue with this is when I use the turn off Xbox funktion when holding the guide button the consoles harddrive or discdrive(hard to hear which one it is) is still running. It is the same...
  10. Huge Xbox One X power consumption while OFF (Full shutdown or just plugged in power) !!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Huge Xbox One X power consumption while OFF (Full shutdown or just plugged in power) !!: I have Power consumption meter (digital one, that shows Amps, Wats consumed from socket), and when I plug In Xbox One X it INSTANTLY consumes ~ 23W. The same happens, wen console is on Full...