Xbox One X - Game play, Bluray playback choppy audio

Discus and support Xbox One X - Game play, Bluray playback choppy audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, on 9th March 2020 I reported, Bluray playback has software or hardware issue... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pratab, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Pratab
    Pratab Guest

So, on 9th March 2020 I reported,

Bluray playback has software or hardware issue

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/xbox-one-x-bluray-playback-has-software-or/e687a0ab-65cf-4c11-a315-53c1fbb2e356

for which the remedy was to "Reset and keep my apps" option. On the 14th I reported that this resolved my problem.

After the reset and test, I hadn't used my console until yesterday 24th March 2020. It started fine, then I had to sit through 30mins of 2 system (Microsoft store related) updates and a 2.4GB Forza Horizon 4 update. Once done, I ran Forza but immediately
    noticed choppy audio as per the issue mentioned above. In my report on the 9th march, only Bluray playback was affected, audio in games was fine.

So, I did a full shutdown and power up. Ran Forza again, but the game audio was still very choppy. So, I tried the "Reset and keep my apps" again. Sat through that. Once done, I ran Forza and a Bluray movie. Both have choppy audio. I also have Star wars
    battle front, that too exhibits choppy audio.

I've done a full shutdown and restart a couple of times more.

What's going on?

:)

Pratab, Mar 26, 2020
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Pratab,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get your console to operate as intended. I can totally imagine how concerning this could be especially if it is a recurring issue, but perhaps we can point you in the right direction in
    which to deal with this problem. If the reset that keeps your games and apps did not resolve the issue as it did before, you might want to go ahead and try the one that removes everything.

I would also suggest trying what we have outlined in our support page entitled How to troubleshoot
    problems playing a disc on your Xbox One

When you get the chance, give those steps a shot and let us know how that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  3. Pratab Win User

Hello,

I've read "How to troubleshoot problems-playing disc on xbox one", that article is not applicable to my problem. So, I

1. Performed a full reset i.e.remove everything.
    2. Then allowed the console to update itself.
    3. Signed-in.
    4. Did a full shutdown.
    5. restarted.
    6. Installed the Microsoft Bluray player app. (None of my games have been installed.)
    7. Inserted a bluray movie disc
    8. Which didn't play
    9. Did a full shutdown
    10. Restarted
    11. Xbox home shows disc detected.
    12. Played the movie disc, with Microsoft Bluray player app
    13. Immediately evident in the 20th century fox intro, that the choppy audio is still present.
    14. Let the movie run for 20 mins, choppy audio present all the way through.
    15. Removed the HDMI cable from the Xbox, inserted it into my old 2014 Sony bluray player. The movie plays fine with my Sony bluray player. Can conclude it is the Xbox at fault.

Next suggestion please?

thanks
  4. OzWoody71 Win User

Choppy 3D Blu-ray playback

The Hobbit 3D also had playback issues with choppy playback. Plus when I unticked the 24hz box in the bluray app settings I lost 3D playback and it went back to 2D.
  5. DontBuyXboxForUHDBlu Win User

4K UHD Blu-ray problems - picture stuttering

Spent 2 and a half hours after this last update ruined everything.

Fix for me:

Uninstall/reinstall BluRay App

Set playback to stereo (Temporarily)

Disable 24hz, Disable 50hz, Enable HDR, Disable Amp controlling playback (under bluray)

- Shutdown xbox

- Power on xbox

- start playing any Bluray/UHD BluRay.

- Aslong as this works, start turning on features again

- Rewind UHD to begining, set your surround sound/atmos/amp decode audio.
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

XBox OneX not displaying 3d

Yes the Xbox one X does support 3d BluRay playback.

Have you checked video settings to see if allow 3d is checkmarked?
Thema:

1. Xbox One X - Game play, Bluray playback choppy audio - Similar Threads - Game play Bluray

2. Games cant sync/play online on through pc game pass?

in XboX Insiders
    Games cant sync/play online on through pc game pass?: Anytime i try and play a game it says can't sync, so i have to play offline. I noticed that my xbox game bar wont sign in either, it just says cant show friends right now. submitted by...
  3. offline play with xbox game pass and ea pass

in XboX Insiders
    offline play with xbox game pass and ea pass: im one of many who are stuck with isp's that cant seem to provide internet leaving me with no internet most of my time now and i found it hard to play any of my games seeing as most of them are...
  4. Sonic games to be played through Xbox Game Pass

in XboX Insiders
    Sonic games to be played through Xbox Game Pass: I'm not exactly sure which to file this under either Cloud Gaming, PC Gaming, or question, but I'm just going to stick with PC Gaming. I have a request to add maybe 1 or 2 Sonic games on the Xbox...
  5. How to play not xbox series games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play not xbox series games: I want to play halo on my series s but I don't want to play the series x|s version because it takes up to much space and its not worth it, is there anyway I can play the game on my hard drive...
  6. XBox One: No Game play audio when using monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One: No Game play audio when using monitor: Ive recently got a monitor to connect to my Xbox One by HDMI. It does have speakers as well a 3.5 Jack out, which i then plug into my old school RCA amp. Videos and sounds from the Home screen...
  7. Game not showing up to play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game not showing up to play: When i insert the xbox one game disk into the console it doesnt acknoledge the disk,. 82c9ecde-4e30-48e8-8c69-1e3ac89417f8
  8. Windows 10 xbox app my friends can hear my game sound while I'm playing on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 xbox app my friends can hear my game sound while I'm playing on my pc: People can hear my game audio in the xbox party chat but cant hear it while in a discord chat this is an issue with the xbox app or some setting as its not the mic picking up from speakers ive...
  9. Xbox series X Discs don't launch games or play blurays?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X Discs don't launch games or play blurays?: Hi guys just got my New Xbox series X and I had Modern Warfare and warzone installed on my xbox one x USB drive. I plugged it into the series X and copied it to the fast hard drive. When I insert...
  10. Xbox one S not playing bluray disks and games from disk crashing sometimes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S not playing bluray disks and games from disk crashing sometimes: Got Xbox one S 2 days ago won't play DVDs or bluray disks. It film in and it won't play goes black screen then displays picture for a second then goes to black screen keeps trying to change screen...