Xbox One X getting hot in simple games without issues, but shutting down while cool in...

Discus and support Xbox One X getting hot in simple games without issues, but shutting down while cool in... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey Mic-Team as I wrote in the title my so called "most powerful console ever" - Xbox One X is getting hot in simple (more CPU intense) games like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArschGesicht, Nov 26, 2020.

1. ArschGesicht
    ArschGesicht Guest

Xbox One X getting hot in simple games without issues, but shutting down while cool in...

Hey Mic-Team as I wrote in the title my so called "most powerful console ever" - Xbox One X is getting hot in simple (more CPU intense) games like Minecraft without any issues (no loud fan and no shut-downs), BUT when I play graphic intense games like Fallout
    76, Borderlands 3 or Mafia 3 it's NOT getting hot - just hand warm! - but has a VERY loud disturbing fast-slow-fast-slow jumping-like rotating fan and shut-downs due to "overheating"!! What the heck!?? Both cases are temperature measured on the nacked metal
    frame on the back side of the SOC-unit (which has direct contact to the heatsink) and in measureing the outcoming air! Additionally the fan has a BAD DELAY while the GPU is FAST heating up from zero, so that sometimes and mostly in Fallout 76, my console is
    shutting down immediately after the FIRST ingame graphic-scene is showing up. The console is always really cool to this point and even the outcoming air is only at round about 37-39 degrees Celsius. "Funny" about this bugs is, that my console is able to run
    graphic intense games most of the time, even if it's getting warmer, but ONLY after it has overcome the fan idle- to (grapic-intense) load-state or if the game is not that grapic-intense! Another "funny" thing to this is, that a game, which is optimized for
    the One X like Borderlands 3, runs better/quieter then an older to the standard Xbox One optimized game like Mafia 3 - even when playing Borderlands 3 in Splitscreen!!

There is definitely something wrong with the in-chip temperature sensor(s) of the AMD SOC on GPU side AND with your fan control table, so that this type of bugs happen to me and perhaps ten-thousands of other peoples!

Even repasting the thermal paste (with Arctic Silver 5) hasn't helped. Unfortunately my console is no longer the best, but it contributes to the fact that this type of errors occur more frequently and are therefore easier to understand.

So PLEASE change/update the firmware (at least for me) to the following or help me otherwise:

- creating a fan control diagram with HYSTERESE (rotating faster under heavy (graphics) load and wait to slow down, if load decreases!) - just as you did it in the Xbox 360 and Xbox Classic!

- changing the fan control table to a FASTER reaction on GPU loads, especially when fan is idling and GPU is heating up fast!!

- add some degrees Kelvin to the GPU-temperature-sensor or better recalibrate it

- WOULD BE GREAT: add temperature screens to the Xbox GUI

You can even send me a private message with a solution to do it on my own!

Thanx in advance!!

:)

ArschGesicht, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Hookins-5EDEA817-FD2 Win User

New comic-con Skyrim trailer.

Lol the embedded video has been shut down. The link still works. Get it while it's hot!
  3. jerbear30ky Win User

Xbox One S Turns On Then Off After 1-2 Seconds

if it gets too hot it shut off and cool off
  4. StoneCold X Win User

Xbox one x turns off trying to play 2k games

I am having the same problem with NBA 2K20 and only this game. I can't get passed halftime in a game without the my Xbox One X completely shutting down. When I turn the Xbox One X back on, I get a message that it shutdown to prevent overheating. The console
    is in a well ventilated open space.

I have zero issues with any other game or app.
  5. SamWild93 Win User

why is my xbox one s making fan squeaking noises

hey Adelie 13,

this sometimes happens to me when the room gets really hot and xbox been working for over 10h without a break, it goes for less than a minute & cools down. at least my Xbox One does like that.
  6. MetallicHarpy7 Win User

Xbox one x overheating

My Xbox One X was unable to run the new Shadow of the Tomb Raider in 4K/HDR into 4K TV without shutting down just as game started with first cinematic [Lara’s Plane Crashing]. The message when I turn it back on relates to the unit overheating. I tried
    shut down, unplug, uninstall, reload game, etc. - It is in the open, not enclosed space (I even tried cooling it with a fan) it kept shutting down in same place in that one game - other games work fine. I changed the game settings - from Highest Resolution
    to Highest Framerate and turned off HDR and I was able to play the game for a while up until another major cinematic of an Apocalypse/Tsunami and it keeps shutting down in the same spot. I get weary of the standard questions/ suggestions - it should not need
    unit hardware repair or replacement - it was a gift - and I find Online support Hard to navigate.clearly, the demands of the Shadow of the Tomb Raider exceed the unit it is designed for.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X getting hot in simple games without issues, but shutting down while cool in... - Similar Threads - getting hot simple

2. Is my series s supposed to get this hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my series s supposed to get this hot?: I've read around that the series s does get quite hot. Mines out in the open its lying flat but if i touch the black screen it seem very hot which is just something that is making me paranoid. Its...
  3. xbox series s getting really hot in 10 min

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s getting really hot in 10 min: hello so i got my new xbox series s like 2 days ago. like in 10 min in game it gets really hot it dosent overheat it just gets really hot i am worry is this normal...
  4. Xbox getting hot, I guess from fan running, while off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox getting hot, I guess from fan running, while off: Why is my Xbox One fan running sometimes while turned off? I use a dust cover when not in use so I'm concerned because it gets hot occasionally while off. I don't allow automatic updates while...
  5. xbox wireless adapter gets hot

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox wireless adapter gets hot: is it normal if it gets hot when i use it because i have the feeling its gonna break the adapter 693deae2-fd71-4fa8-b407-627fdc1f2e90
  6. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows gets really hot.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows gets really hot.: I bought myself a Wireless adapter for Windows 10. And after playing for like 5 - 10 Minutes the adapter gets really hot. The metal usb-plug gets so hot you can barely touch it. Is this normal?...
  7. OneX keeps shutting down, it is not getting hot, shuts down after a few seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneX keeps shutting down, it is not getting hot, shuts down after a few seconds.: Help please, ive tried everything. 9c8b41aa-ac83-4dc3-a0d0-51bc92c64662
  8. Xbox one X constantly shutting down. It is NOT getting hot and will not reboot from the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X constantly shutting down. It is NOT getting hot and will not reboot from the...: Hi. My Xbox oneX has started shutting itself down randomly. Sometimes I get as much as 20 minutes before it shuts down, usually only about 1 minute. The console is not getting hot, the fan kicks...
  9. xbox getting kinda hot after 5-7 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox getting kinda hot after 5-7 minutes: is normal for the xbox one s to heat up after 5-7 minutes because im here playing madden and everytime i open up the game my xbox feels really warm 2e23259f-227e-4c44-aad3-5a2ab3399e36
  10. Can Clubs get some love?? Good feature bug they seem to be a hot buggy mess

in XboX Insiders
    Can Clubs get some love?? Good feature bug they seem to be a hot buggy mess: I’ve owned a Club since they were first available for Insider testing. I think they’re a decently good idea permitting some level of organization and structure for social gathering and friend...