XBox One X green static lines

Discus and support XBox One X green static lines in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] I’m getting green static lines on my device. They come up as soon as I turned my xbox ON. I’ve tried doing a hard reset, unpluggin power cable, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by odraudediaz, Mar 14, 2019.

1. odraudediaz
    odraudediaz Guest

XBox One X green static lines [​IMG]
    I’m
    getting green static lines on my device. They come up as soon as I turned my xbox ON. I’ve tried doing a hard reset, unpluggin power cable, I did a console reset without erasing my data, left it unplugged for over 10 minutes, changed HDMI ports, changed HDMI
    cable and used an XBox cable, turned off the “Allow HDR10” feature. I have a Sony Bravia 4K. Not sure what else to do aside from leaving the xbox unplugged overnight. Any other ideas or resolutions would be appreciated.

:)

odraudediaz, Mar 14, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hi odraudediaz,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed.

Yes, unplugging the console from the power supply for at least 5 minutes is one of our most basic troubleshooting
    solutions. We're super glad to

hear
    that it resolved your issue!

How
    to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console

We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please
    feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Happy gaming!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  3. HyperVenom523 Win User

Try another tv if that keeps going on the console might need repairs ... xheck your warranty...
  4. JUST DO IT415 Win User

I only have the 1 S so I'm not sure if this is only 1 X related but I would agree that you might need to send it in for repair/replacement.

Are you still under warranty
    ?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

As a techy person who also builds PCs as well as playing on the Xbox console's I can confirm with little doubt that there is an internal hardware fault with the console. Most likely there is a graphics hardware failure with the system APU.

I know that sounds all rather technical, but in layman's terms, the chip that holds both the processor and the graphics hardware, the 'APU' (advanced processing unit) is failing. This will manifest as graphical anomalies on your TV/monitor.

There is no way to fix this yourself as it's an internal hardware fault. You'll have set up a repair.

Sorry.
  6. odraudediaz Win User

I left it unplugled overnight. Those green lines are gone now. Interestly enough, I had a similar issue with my Xbox One and I did the same thing. Seems like letting out of power for several hours does the trick. Thanks for the help everyone!
Thema:

1. XBox One X green static lines - Similar Threads - green static lines

2. Surviving Mars Green Planet Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Surviving Mars Green Planet Issues: Green planet just got released and own the season pass, expecting to be able to play. However the dlc still requires me to purchase, don't know if perhaps the season pass needs updating. Any info...
  3. Got sound just no video and restart makes the green sceen turn into static

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got sound just no video and restart makes the green sceen turn into static: I got on earlier today and everything was fine. I get home tonight and turn on xbox to watch tv. cartoon network app is showing a blank green screen with sound. I switch over to foxnow app and the...
  4. Youtube green/grey glitch getting worse?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube green/grey glitch getting worse?: PLEASE FIX THE GREEN/GREY GLITCH ON YOUTUBE FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUS. IT'S BEEN MONTHS!!! I wonder how fast this would be rectified if it was the ads having visual issues....happy to make the money,...
  5. Xbox static boot up screen and green with streaming Videos.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox static boot up screen and green with streaming Videos.: Hi I am having an issue where my Xbox One X is showing a static screen when booting up after a hard reset and when trying to use apps that stream videos, I get green screen and audio only. I...
  6. Static on start up and green screen when playing video

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static on start up and green screen when playing video: hi i have a xbox 1 x its just over a month old and it has started displaying static on start up instead of the boot animation and when this happens what ever video content you try to watch...
  7. Static image at startup, and green screen when playing video

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static image at startup, and green screen when playing video: Hello, I have some problems with my newly bought Xbox one x - I'm not sure if they are results of the same problem though. So, for starters! When I start the Xbox, I'm greeted by a static/noise...
  8. Xbox One X static on startup and green screens for streaming apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X static on startup and green screens for streaming apps: Tonight, I turned on my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition and tried to watch some videos on the UFC Fight Pass app. Unfortunately, the videos all had sound, but the video was just a green screen. I...
  9. Xbox 360 losing sound and showing green static overlay - overheating?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 losing sound and showing green static overlay - overheating?: Hi all, the title says it all. My Xbox 360 Elite decided to cut the sound and give me some faint green static on top of the game I was playing earlier (GTA V). It happened about an hour and 45...
  10. 360S Video keeps cutting out after green/red static

in XBoX on Consoles
    360S Video keeps cutting out after green/red static: So for some reason my picture keeps cutting out on my Xbox 360 S. What happens first is that it will usually start showing green or red static lines on my tv and then it will cut out and...