Xbox One X Hard Crashing

Discus and support Xbox One X Hard Crashing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since the end of June we have not been able to play Forza Horizon 4 as it causes a hard crash of the Xbox when it starts to load. Multiple tickets have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Graham_21, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Graham_21
    Graham_21 Guest

Xbox One X Hard Crashing

Since the end of June we have not been able to play Forza Horizon 4 as it causes a hard crash of the Xbox when it starts to load. Multiple tickets have been raised with Forza support and the issue still hasn't been resolved.

Now we have noticed when the Forza is installed and starts to load that it can be pixalated. Now as we have not got anywhere with Forza support, we have done a factory reset of the Xbox, so we can start again.

So my son wanted to play Fortnite, so this is the first game we have installed on the clean Xbox. The game runs through the start up video fine, but once it gets to the game selection page we start to get lines across the screen and distortion. Once a game
    is selected the Xbox hard crashes and turns off.

So I now have two games which are showing glitches in the graphics and causing the Xbox to crash, so do I have an issue which the actual Xbox?

We have tried replacing the HDMI cable and moving it to a different slot on the TV, but this has no effect. The only game that seems to run with out issues at the moment is minecraft.

:)

Graham_21, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Designher Win User

Xbox one X broken - Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Same here multiple updates and still to this day the xbox one x crashes for me playing modern warfare. Its a hard crash and makes me want to switch to PlayStation 4.
  3. Niko1664 Win User

Xbox one x hard crashes.

Hi and welcome.

The last COD MW causes many worries on the OneX and especially repeated crashes.

While some felt that reinstalling the game or moving it to an external HDD console was enough to

alleviate the problem, some others make up no.

The patch 1.05 has not fully solved these problems and Activision has not really

found a solution except that:

Hoping that a new patch arrives quickly, to address these recurring problems.
  4. AridLizard Win User

Xbox one x hard crashes.

there is currently a Status Alert for CoD:MW https://support.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-live-status

(it shows no alerts at the top of the page but there are lots of game alerts if you scroll down on the page)

there is also a known issue of MW crashing Xbox One X, but a patch/update is being worked on and hopefully it will be released soon.

keep checking the Live Status link to see when it is fixed then go to My Games & Apps on your Xbox to see if there is an update pending.

I would advise to wait until the developers resolve all the problems before trying any troubleshooting

hope this helps
  5. FreelanceGem098 Win User

Xbox one x hard crashes.

Hello thank you for reaching out to the Xbox Forums. I have found a possible solution to your issue and i hope that this helps.

If you are having issues with the game crashing, try clearing your console's cache. To clear the cache on your Xbox
    One
    , you will need to power cycle the system. ... On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind
    it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.
  6. Twist Ledgendz Win User

Xbox one x "Hard crashing"

Does your xbox have good airflow?

It's a issue when it's in a confined space and the hot air cant escape causing the console to overheat and shut off.

Now dust... make sure you clean the exterior fan part of dust as this can get into the system.

If you are able, remove the external case and remove any dust that will have built up.

Finally, make sure your console is cool.

Check every so often with the TOP of your hand above the vents that allow hot air out.

It this air is very hot, there isnt enough airflow and the fan hasn't kicked in for some reason.

If this continues after the steps I said, I would suggest taking it to a electronics shop and having them look at it

Or

If you can, send it to Microsoft so they can look at it.

Hope that helps in any way
Thema:

Xbox One X Hard Crashing

1. Xbox One X Hard Crashing - Similar Threads - Hard Crashing

2. Every single game based on Unreal Engine HARD CRASHES Xbox Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Every single game based on Unreal Engine HARD CRASHES Xbox Series X.: I have a weird problem here. My console cant chew games based on Unreal Engine. Every single one generates crashes. Basically I get 3 types of crashes: Game starts, and crashes on title screen...
  3. My external hard drive keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My external hard drive keeps crashing: So a while ago I bought a 32 gb external hard drive from kesu. It was $32. I can’t find a link to it But I use it for my Xbox one and it has some issues. First it’s actually 300 gb which is cool I...
  4. Civilization 6 causing hard resets/crashes on Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Civilization 6 causing hard resets/crashes on Series X.: Seeing if this is common or just bad luck. submitted by /u/theburner97 [link] [comments]
  5. Destiny 2 hard crashes Xbox series X

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 hard crashes Xbox series X: I’ve seen posts on games that hard crash the XSX. I’ve experienced crashes on other games as well, such as Tetris effect or borderlands 3. However they are pretty infrequent compared to destiny 2....
  6. Xbox hard crash when Twitch is open.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox hard crash when Twitch is open.: I've sent several msgs to Twitch Support with no response, so I'm asking here. Anytime I have the twitch app open for 30 seconds or more, it hard crashes my Xbox 1X. If I'm quick I can start a...
  7. XBOX SERIES X HARD CRASH AND TURNS OFF!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X HARD CRASH AND TURNS OFF!: Whats the crack the series x crashing and turning off mid game? It cannot be overheating , ive got it basically sitting in my back garden its that far out the window.. its 8° And still hard...
  8. External hard drive keeps crashing my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive keeps crashing my Xbox: Ok i have this external hard drive from sea gate i bought about 2ish years ago, latley it has completley made it impossible to even use the xbox. it just freezes the xbox,if i press the power...
  9. Crash du disque dur[Translation-Hard drive crash]

in XBoX on Windows
    Crash du disque dur[Translation-Hard drive crash]: Apres le crash du disque dur, je ne peux plus avoir accès pour réinstaller Microsoft Sudoku acheté le 28 août 2020, Comment le réinstaller? [Translation-After the hard drive crash, I can no...
  10. Xbox One X Project Scorpio constantly hard crashes and shuts down on Destiny 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Project Scorpio constantly hard crashes and shuts down on Destiny 2: My Xbox One X project Scorpio Edition just constantly hard crashes on Destiny 2, completely shutting down, and I haven’t seen it do it on any other game. And it happens every time I play Destiny...