Xbox One X Hard Drives Keep Failing...?

Discus and support Xbox One X Hard Drives Keep Failing...? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a used Xbox One X from a good friend. It had hardly been used and was stored in its original box most of its life. I set it up and got it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by killernoises, Oct 28, 2019.

1. killernoises
    killernoises Guest

I bought a used Xbox One X from a good friend. It had hardly been used and was stored in its original box most of its life. I set it up and got it going with no issues. About a week later it started stuttering really bad and Apex would crash every now and
    again. After a while it started getting worse and worse until it wouldn't load anything and the main home page would start crashing as well. Maybe 3 weeks in and the Xbox basically bricked itself. E102 E103 E105 errors. Couldn't factory reset it, couldn't
    do anything it just looped me in those errors. Put update/reset files on a USB and tried that way it wouldn't accept it and kept looping me through the errors. Turns out the HDD had failed.. Okay... I bought a new one that was faster and better and installed
    Xbox on it via my PC. it worked great for 2 days no issues.. in the middle of a game it just randomly bricked itself again. Started the loop over again. I gave up and got a regular Xbox One, no issues with it. Was bored last week decided to see if i can get
    it to boot up again. took the hard drive out of the One X and wiped it clean and started over. after installing Xbox on it again and getting it back together I booted it up and it worked great. Worked amazing for a week zero issues. I was in the middle of
    a game of Apex Legends last night and it bricked itself again and started that loop over. My question is

1)[mod removed]??

2) is something else causing it to brick itself? I know if i do all the work to reinstall Xbox it will work again but for how long?

3) If its an update causing the crash why does it work for a week and why TF would Microsoft not fix this immediately?

Anyone with any insight, please help me out..

No holding the power button to cycle it off and on wont do anything. Using a USB to try to force an update or reinstall Xbox doesn't work it cycles those 3 errors in a loop. Unplugging and leaving it off for a week doesn't do anything either.

:)

killernoises, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Booberry Radley Win User

XBOX ONE X

The hard drive is only 1 TB. When the Xbox One S was first released it had a 2 TB hard drive. 1TB is not enough for hardcore gamers which is what this console seems to be intended for. The One X needs a 2 or 3TB hard drive. I understand the Xbox is trying
    to keep the price down but the targeted consumer, hardcore gamers, are willing to pay extra for what we need. This will force the targeted consumer to use an external hard drive which to my understanding, and I may be wrong, will have a negative effect on
    load times on the One X. If Xbox releases a One X at a later date with the necessary memory this will cause those of us that bought the console at release to feel betrayed. Different versions of the One X need to be released at launch like they did with the
    One S giving us the choice of a 1 or 2TB console.
  3. xxxDUNKaTRONxxx Win User

External Hard Drive not access content

Pretty sure it was the update. I have two 5tb hard drives and my xbox one x and both xbox one s don't recognize the hard drives now.
  4. XBOX WIZARD Win User

XBox One X and external drive

Your external hard drive will work perfectly with Xbox One X.
  5. zeroice007 Win User

If its that new isntbit under some warranty? It shouldn't be the Drive for a model so new. But uf its not under Warranty You did say an Xbox one X. You could borrow or buy someone extermal drive and download your games to that. Once you do that disconnect
    that drive . Now reformat that drive and reset the system. Try playing any game with that drive eyc. if it works then you know the drive is fine either use the external drive which i recommend since loads will be faster etc get a good 4gb external drive. Hope
    that helps. Just thought of something make sure this is not just for one game but all.
  6. killernoises Win User

It won't factory reset. It loops through those error codes if i try. The only way to get it working again is pull the hard drive out and completly wipe it and start from scratch.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Hard Drives Keep Failing...? - Similar Threads - Hard Drives Keep

2. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: I'm copying the post that DavidIQ wrote about this issue since it was "locked" without any kind of resolution. I want to keep this topic going in case someone comes up with a solution or finds...
  3. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: I'm having the same exact issue that this person posted in this thread that was started a month ago that was for some reason considered "old" and then locked with no resolution: The external HDD...
  4. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: The external HDD (Seagate STDT3000300 BACKUP PLUS Desktop 3TB, USB3.0, 3.5 inch external drive, powered by external power) of my Xbox One keeps spinning up for a few seconds then spinning down...
  5. External Hard Drive keeps disconnected my xbox from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive keeps disconnected my xbox from the internet: i recently got a maxone 500 GB external hard drive which is compatible with xbox one, but every time i plug it into the USB ports in the back, my xbox is immediately disconnected from the internet...
  6. External Hard Drive Keeps Disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Keeps Disconnecting: I got an Xbox One X yesterday and i used an external Hard drive to transfer my games and settings. It all worked fine and all my games where there but when i turn the Xbox off it disconnects the...
  7. Xbox one S gives error code 0x8007045d and it keeps diconnecting external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S gives error code 0x8007045d and it keeps diconnecting external hard drive: Hard drives disconnects and then reconnects every 5 seconds error code 0x8007045d when ever I try to play a game. This a gears of war S edition, that was working good. Tried drive on a original...
  8. Keeps shutting down, no hard drive found

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keeps shutting down, no hard drive found: So just a few days ago I was watching Netflix and all of a sudden my xbox turns off, it's never done anything like this before. I turned it back on and it just kept turning itself off and back on....
  9. Corrupted data keeps coming back on my hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Corrupted data keeps coming back on my hard drive: I keep getting 2 items in the "Avatar Items" section of my hard drive. I can only suspect the items are from the game World of Tanks. I only get them when I attempt to play WoT, and I also have 2...
  10. Xbox One Console keeps losing connecting to the External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Console keeps losing connecting to the External Hard Drive: Pretty much the problem since over a year ago as read in this thread: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1768291.aspx After playing a game for about 15...