Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

Discus and support Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Peeps, Here is a video of my Xbox One X, recorded today (10/10/2019) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMDVrwTlbKw (I did not realise... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XBX PureChaosX, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

Hello Microsoft Peeps,

Here is a video of my Xbox One X, recorded today (10/10/2019) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMDVrwTlbKw

(I did not realise the link placed a massive video on the page!)

I have had this Xbox One X since Christmas 2018. It is less than a year old.

Back in March 2019, it developed it's first HDMI fault and no longer output any video. It was repaired by Microsoft at the beginning of April 2019 and has been working fine ever since.

Now as of today, 10/10/2019, it has developed the same fault for a second time. While the Xbox One X still outputs video... somewhat... it is very corrupt, with pixelation and artifacting all over the screen, as well as multiple audio problems.

Both the Xbox One X, and indeed the repair, are both less than a year old. I am not a happy gamer.

It would be totally awesome of Microsoft to send me one of those nice GEARS 5 Xbox One X consoles (or any other X console) as an apologetic replacement and as a nice gift so that I may continue gaming and making YouTube videos as well.

Thank you.

:)

XBX PureChaosX, Oct 12, 2019
  2. XBX PureChaosX Win User

I don't believe I do have a repair order number. Presumably it's handled by Currys. It may be on the paper work but I'll have to have a rummage for it.

As I mentioned previously, I'll be popping to Currys today and asking them if they know anything. It has been 23 days since the day I returned it so yeah, I would have expected it back by now.

Oh well, more updates later after I've returned from Currys. I'm kinda hoping they DO have it, but just haven't called me. But if that's the case... then WHY didn't they call??
  3. Krausladen Win User

Do they do it for free? Mines over a year old. Im not spending 249 dollars on this repair, its just a port. Can't believe it honestly, the One X seemed so rugged and sturdy but that HDMI port is a curse.
  4. oDarth Plagueis Win User

I had red ring of death on xbox 360. Once it is repaired it will be as good as new. I know the wait is frustrating but you know it will be done right.
  5. Gary C 86 Win User

Sorry to hear about your issue. I know it can be frustrating having something break not of your own fault and having to wait for it to be repaired. I had this ussue with a phone before and had to wait 6 weeks to get it back.

Unfortunately depending where you are in relation to where the repair is been done by microsoft it could take afew days in just shipping alone.

The repair isnt done by currys themselves so they post it off to Microsoft who do it. So shipping there and back could be a week in itself depending what days it gets posted.

And then depending on the repair that needs doing this also has its own timeframe.

Hopefully you can be patient in knowing your xbox will be comming back working and you can get back to gaming and making youtube videos once more 🙂
  6. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN! - Similar Threads - HDMI Failure HAPPENED

2. : how do you fix when your xbox 360 when its on with out the hdmi but when you plug in the...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : how do you fix when your xbox 360 when its on with out the hdmi but when you plug in the...: : how do you fix when your xbox 360 when its on with out the hdmi but when you plug in the hdmi it turns off I just want to know how to fix the Xbox 360 slim when its on without the hdmi but when...
  3. DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless

in XboX Insiders
    DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless: Anyone loosing HDMI audio more often since starting the DTS beta? No audio coming out my receiver, just headphone audio. Tried toggling between Auto and HDMI video settings and many console...
  4. Known HDMI failure on XBOX One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Known HDMI failure on XBOX One X: There appears to a known HDMI failure issue on the XBOX One X and my son's console has just fallen victim to it. We have the original XBOX ONE console that is still working well (and through the...
  5. Hardware Problem/Failure to Connect to HDMI - Anyone Else?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware Problem/Failure to Connect to HDMI - Anyone Else?: My Xbox one is having trouble connecting to the TV. I try connecting to 3 different TVs and sometimes I will get lucky with one of them. I’ve noticed the times it does work, the fan is running at...
  6. hdmi failure. TV not detecting my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    hdmi failure. TV not detecting my xbox one: My console was working all good in the evening of february 8 2020. On the evening of february 9 2020 my xbox one was no where to find on any hdmi port. After 2 or 3 minutes it turn off by itself....
  7. any insight from microsoft about xbox one x HDMI failure issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    any insight from microsoft about xbox one x HDMI failure issues?: just curious about this issue. wondering if there has been any sort of "official" recognition or explanation. my xbox one x worked on tuesday, and i went for my daily ESO login gift on wednesday...
  8. Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN UPDATE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN UPDATE: Well as my previous thread was locked before I could add an update to the repair, I'll have to create a new thread just to post the update. It is an odd one though, yet I somewhat predicted it in...
  9. Xbox one games turn red/disk drive failure/HDMI port no longer works (give customer service ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one games turn red/disk drive failure/HDMI port no longer works (give customer service ...: My Xbox One has failed completely. I will be honest to say my warranty expired. I bought my xbox Jan 2014, I started having disk drive problems in Sep. This was along with my games turning red. If...
  10. Xbox One HDMI Pass Through Lag and Failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One HDMI Pass Through Lag and Failure: I am losing HDMI signal from my Motorola Cable Box and when I pass through my Xbox 360 the pass through causes significant lag between the 2 consoles so it appears that the pass through is not...