Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

Discus and support Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Peeps, Here is a video of my Xbox One X, recorded today (10/10/2019) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMDVrwTlbKw (I did not realise... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XBX PureChaosX, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:45 PM.

1. Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

Hello Microsoft Peeps,

Here is a video of my Xbox One X, recorded today (10/10/2019) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMDVrwTlbKw

(I did not realise the link placed a massive video on the page!)

I have had this Xbox One X since Christmas 2018. It is less than a year old.

Back in March 2019, it developed it's first HDMI fault and no longer output any video. It was repaired by Microsoft at the beginning of April 2019 and has been working fine ever since.

Now as of today, 10/10/2019, it has developed the same fault for a second time. While the Xbox One X still outputs video... somewhat... it is very corrupt, with pixelation and artifacting all over the screen, as well as multiple audio problems.

Both the Xbox One X, and indeed the repair, are both less than a year old. I am not a happy gamer.

It would be totally awesome of Microsoft to send me one of those nice GEARS 5 Xbox One X consoles (or any other X console) as an apologetic replacement and as a nice gift so that I may continue gaming and making YouTube videos as well.

Thank you.

:)

XBX PureChaosX, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:45 PM
  2. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  3. XBX PureChaosX Win User

Update y'all: After leaving it turned off over night, it is now completely shot and won't output anything, not even through my Elgato capture device. So... I now once again have a very expensive paperweight. Yay me.

Yo Microsoft! Reach out to me about that GEARS 5 Xbox One X! Lol J/K. But yeah, back to where I was 7 months ago.
  4. ThorX360 Win User

Update y'all: After leaving it turned off over night, it is now completely shot and won't output anything, not even through my Elgato capture device. So... I now once again have a very expensive paperweight. Yay me.

Yo Microsoft! Reach out to me about that GEARS 5 Xbox One X! Lol J/K. But yeah, back to where I was 7 months ago.
    I'm sorry to hear that :(

I suggest you request a service repair and give them all the informations that you have about this issue.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair

Let us know if you need further help ;)
  5. XBX PureChaosX Win User

Hi, I have indeed tried a different HDMI... two of them in fact, same video problems occur.

And before anyone asks, yes... I have also tried a different TV as well as a monitor and the same thing happens.

So it's definitely not the HDMI cables or the TV. At the moment, it's only outputting video through my Elgato capture device. BUT if I plug it directly to the TV or monitor, there is no output at all. Almost as if the capture device is powering the HDMI
    controller on the Xbox via the devices' USB power supply. Rather odd.
  6. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi XBX PureChaosX

I haven't watched the complete video

Have you tried a different HDMI cable yet?
Thema:

1. Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN! - Similar Threads - HDMI Failure HAPPENED

2. broke hdmi port

in XBoX on Consoles
    broke hdmi port: The warranty on my xbox expired over 2 years ago and I have already taken it apart to clean it. I would like to know if, with the proper tools and much experience with electronics repair, I could...
  3. HDMI Output To TV Is Broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI Output To TV Is Broken: I have an Xbox One X that I've been using for a few months now. Two days ago when I turn it on my TV says "No connection". I made sure I was on the right input and I was. I plugged it into another...
  4. HDMI black out

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI black out: hello. Ive had an xbox one x for nine months now and a month ago my screen started to flicker to black for a few seconds at a time but only once a week. Today it flickered black twice then it shut...
  5. xbox 360, busted hdmi port, plays like normal but has no audio or video

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360, busted hdmi port, plays like normal but has no audio or video: my 360 is about 4-5 years old ( don't quote me on that. I'm horrible with time) I mainly played Minecraft on it and mostly played it in my basement. I have since moved, didn't play it for a year,...
  6. xbox one HDMI port

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one HDMI port: My son was moving his xbox one last night and somehow broke his HDMI port. I am thinking he tripped on the cord that was still plugged in to the console. After reading online, this seems to be a...
  7. hdmi wont read but work

in XBoX on Consoles
    hdmi wont read but work: my xbox one is turning on but no signal is going to my tv cd437471-04aa-4295-a828-9bdab5c0fd17
  8. Hdmi/VGA

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi/VGA: i normally use a vga cord and a pc monitor with my xbox but ive recently tried to use a regular hdmi cord and a tv with it but the screen stays blank. When i tried the vga on the monitor again...
  9. Xbox one games turn red/disk drive failure/HDMI port no longer works (give customer service ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one games turn red/disk drive failure/HDMI port no longer works (give customer service ...: My Xbox One has failed completely. I will be honest to say my warranty expired. I bought my xbox Jan 2014, I started having disk drive problems in Sep. This was along with my games turning red. If...
  10. Xbox One HDMI Pass Through Lag and Failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One HDMI Pass Through Lag and Failure: I am losing HDMI signal from my Motorola Cable Box and when I pass through my Xbox 360 the pass through causes significant lag between the 2 consoles so it appears that the pass through is not...