Xbox One X HDR+ Black Screens

Discus and support Xbox One X HDR+ Black Screens in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear all, since around 3 weeks i have from time to time some black screens after my television switch to HDR+ and some couple of minutes later it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rautenbauer, May 10, 2019.

1. Rautenbauer
    Rautenbauer Guest

Dear all,

since around 3 weeks i have from time to time some black screens after my television switch to HDR+ and some couple of minutes later it switch back.

Everytime you have for around 2-3 seconds only a black screen.

Its looks so that I have this comes from my Xbox One X because during normal television i never face this kind of problem.

I`m not sure if this is a problem from the games or the Xbox One X themself, because at the moment i have this problems "only" in Mortal Kombat 11 and Monster Hunter World.

In COD WW2 and Elex i don`t see this problems ( but maybe the games don`t support this feature )

My Xbox One X should have the last update some days ago and my television is LG 75SJ955V .

Maybe some of you know this problem and can help me ?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Rautenbauer, May 10, 2019
  2. Rogg721 Win User

Tv screen keeps going black

I’m having the same issue, but its on the Xbox One X, and its only with HDR. Screen will flicker on and off randomly. If i wait long enough screen will stay black, never come back. I had to disable HDR on the port, flicker goes away ( so does hdr). Everything
    worked before the most recent update. Happens on every port, and only happens wjth my xbox. Thoughts?
  3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  4. WreckfuII Win User

Hi,

Have you tried without the HDR on just to see if this is causing the issue at all.

Maybe this can be of some help from a thread I found;

"At some point i have checked the option "Allow YCC 4:2:2" at Display & sound/Advanced video settings. After unchecking, my 4K/HDR games work fine, and no more connection loss with my TV. So be sure to see if it is
    checked. When you select this option, the Xbox explains that this option will help out 4K problems with some tv's. Since mine has no problems with this option unchecked, it does not need to be turned on."
  5. musicmaniac1965 Win User

XBox One X settings for Samsung 4K TVs with One Connect Mini Device

Good tip, and it works the same on my LG OLED 65E6V 3D tv. You have to activate the HDR to get the proper results. I get all the green V signs telling my my TV supports everything there is on this list, but still i have a problem on my Xbox One X.

After a week of normal use and no problems with HDR and games like the new Assassins Creed, Forza 7, and Gears of War 4, i suddenly get the problem that the screen turns black (but sound also dissapears), and after a second or so, it will return to normal.
    Sometimes this happens in intervals from between 1 to 5 minutes, and also sometimes it takes a longer time to get the screen back to normal.

I never changed anny settings, i turned on the HDR on HDMI socket 1 (the one i use for Xbox One X)

Setup:

Xbox One X.

Monster cable HDMI Ultra HD Black Platinum.

LG OLED 65E6V 4K 3D tv.

I tested if i have the same problem if i play a HDR 4K movie, but no frame drops, it never turns black and then back on. So only when i play games with HDR support. When i play GTA V (does not have a 4k/hdr update) i can play normaly. All games that don't
    use HDR play normal. Oh, and the first week of use, i also did not had any problems with HDR games, it happened just a few day's ago, but the screen turns off and back one more frequently now.

Would be nice if i would have a update or find out if i need to send my Xbox to Microsoft or not.
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

A HDR game list for Xbox One S?

Erm........................You do realise that any game that runs on the Xbox One X also runs on the Xbox One S? And because of this, any game that is HDR on the Xbox One X is also HDR on the Xbox One S.

So basically, any game you find that is HDR on the Xbox One X is also HDR on the Xbox One S
Thema:

1. Xbox One X HDR+ Black Screens - Similar Threads - HDR+ Black Screens

2. Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR: Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR Hi ARC is a feature on TV's and is not required to be a feature on the XBOX. Basically...
  3. New 4k hdr space odyssey not loading after hard reset Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    New 4k hdr space odyssey not loading after hard reset Xbox one X: Anyone help please? Thanks in advance f9445597-3a26-421d-ac7c-41be441815f7
  4. 125 Games in Xbox Game Pass for PC. Only 10 have HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    125 Games in Xbox Game Pass for PC. Only 10 have HDR?: [IMG] submitted by /u/superman_king [link] [comments]
  5. 4K HDR Bluray needs patch for Xbox One X (greyish image and black bars on 2.40:1 films)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4K HDR Bluray needs patch for Xbox One X (greyish image and black bars on 2.40:1 films): Seems like Xbox One X 4k Bluray support isn't fixed. The black bars (and overall tone of the films) have once again become greyish instead of black. Same thing happened with the Xbox One S in its...
  6. Xbox one X HDR black level issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X HDR black level issue: I have got my new Xbox one X and after many tests I have found that the HDR games black levels are raised and looking shallow grey، I am using LG Oled E6 Series and all my games are inky black...
  7. HDR Elevated Black Levels

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR Elevated Black Levels: Just received my Xbox One X yesterday and have found that when playing back video based HDR material, the black levels are elevated severely. I have confirmed this with an industry standard HDR...
  8. Elevated HDR Black Levels

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elevated HDR Black Levels: Just received my Xbox One X yesterday and have found that when playing back video based HDR material, the black levels are elevated severely. I have confirmed this with an industry standard HDR...
  9. Elevated HDR black levels on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elevated HDR black levels on Xbox One X: Just received my Xbox One X yesterday and have found that when playing back video based HDR material, the black levels are elevated severely. I have confirmed this with an industry standard HDR...
  10. Xbox One S, Vizio M55-D0, 4K UHD HDR Problems! (Black Screen, Snowy Screen)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S, Vizio M55-D0, 4K UHD HDR Problems! (Black Screen, Snowy Screen): I recently purchased the Vizio M55-D0 and an Xbox One S a few days ago. I have an Amazon Fire TV (2nd Gen.,) a PS4, and the Xbox One S hooked up to it directly via HDMI. I don't think this...