Xbox One X HDR does not work on LG 55EG9600 2015

Discus and support Xbox One X HDR does not work on LG 55EG9600 2015 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have the sad news to share that my Xb1X does not recognize my TV to be HDR capable. On my LG, I went to Settings, All Settings, Picture ->... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Player117966016, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Xbox One X HDR does not work on LG 55EG9600 2015

Hi all,

I have the sad news to share that my Xb1X does not recognize my TV to be HDR capable. On my LG, I went to Settings, All Settings, Picture -> Scroll down to HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color and turned it on on both HDMI1 and 2. This feature
    allows for 4K@60Hz at 4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 - this is known as HDR everywhere else.

In Xbox Settings, under Video, I have Auto-detect, with Allow 4K, Allow YCC 4:2:2 enabled. The Xbox does not allow me to check off "Allow HDR". I tried restarting the TV, restarting the Xbox. Plugging the Xbox straight to HDMI1 (HDMI2 goes through my receiver
    which supports 4K HDR; it's a recent Denon).

According to Xbox Help, it says my TV Supports 4K UHD at 60Hz; it supports 10-bit at 24Hz and 60Hz (I selected the 10-bit; originally set to 8-bit by Xbox; I tried 12 but that got all "X"es). It then goes on to tell me my TV does not support HDR10 - which
    is not true as stated in first paragraph.

Please help! I even got photo proof!

:)

Player117966016, Nov 7, 2017
  2. HDR feature not working on lg tv

I have the same problem with the LG OLED 55EG9600 which supports 10bit HDR. I cannot enable HDR in the Xbox one s 500GB setup, it is greyed out.

* I have installed the latest updates from LG(4.05.05) and Microsoft(10.0.14393.1045) to each device with no luck.

* Color depth is set to 10Bit

* I have tried 3 HDMI cables including the one supplied with the XBOX

* 2d Bluray, 3d Bluray, and 4k without HDR will play

VaguestBison395, Nov 7, 2017
  3. Xbox One S 4K TV Compatibility

I Have a 2015 LG 55UB8500 UHD 4K TV wondering if the HDR on the One S will work with it, it works on the Netflix TV app but they support both HDR standards I heard LG uses Dolby Vision and Xbox has announced support for HDR10 will I run into issues
    using HDR on the new Xbox. I'm also waiting for a response from LG to let me know what standard my TV supports to verify.

xToOxKrAyZiEx, Nov 7, 2017
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

A couple of thing I would try if you have not already is first make sure you are using the HDMI cable supplied with the Xbox One X as not all are capable of supporting 4K HDR signals. Another thing to check is that the television firmware is up to date as
    I think HDR support was added via a firmware update for some models, Please note you may need to check on the LG website for the update as from my personal experience they don't send all released updates to televisions via the internet.

Please read all of the article below as it mentions some televisions needing an upgrade.

LG EG9600 Review (55EG9600, 65EG9600) - RTINGS.com

gds1972, Nov 7, 2017
  5. I got all the firmware updated, I am using the cable it came with. I had to go back to passing through receiver because I couldn't set up the optical cable to it (Xbox didn't come with one) for surround sound without it for blu rays. Games worked via TV
    to receiver with Xbox connected to TV. I gave up on the HDR unfortunately, I guess I'll need a new TV in few years. Having OLED makes HDR not as needed due to the contrast. Still sucks though.

I contacted LG, and they said they will get back to me in few days, but I doubt they will be able to do something as it's the Xbox that's not recognizing my TV's ability, not vice versa.

Player117966016, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Player117966016 Win User

I got all the firmware updated, I am using the cable it came with. I had to go back to passing through receiver because I couldn't set up the optical cable to it (Xbox didn't come with one) for surround sound without it for blu rays. Games worked via TV
    to receiver with Xbox connected to TV. I gave up on the HDR unfortunately, I guess I'll need a new TV in few years. Having OLED makes HDR not as needed due to the contrast. Still sucks though.

I contacted LG, and they said they will get back to me in few days, but I doubt they will be able to do something as it's the Xbox that's not recognizing my TV's ability, not vice versa.
  7. gds1972 Win User

Hi

A couple of thing I would try if you have not already is first make sure you are using the HDMI cable supplied with the Xbox One X as not all are capable of supporting 4K HDR signals. Another thing to check is that the television firmware is up to date as
    I think HDR support was added via a firmware update for some models, Please note you may need to check on the LG website for the update as from my personal experience they don't send all released updates to televisions via the internet.

Please read all of the article below as it mentions some televisions needing an upgrade.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/eg9600
  8. VaguestBison395 Win User

HDR feature not working on lg tv

I have the same problem with the LG OLED 55EG9600 which supports 10bit HDR. I cannot enable HDR in the Xbox one s 500GB setup, it is greyed out.

* I have installed the latest updates from LG(4.05.05) and Microsoft(10.0.14393.1045) to each device with no luck.

* Color depth is set to 10Bit

* I have tried 3 HDMI cables including the one supplied with the XBOX

* 2d Bluray, 3d Bluray, and 4k without HDR will play
  9. Player117966016 Win User

Xbox Oe X Scorpio HDR Washed Out

Can't help you there, but my scorpio doesn't even detect HDR on my LG EG9600 (2015 model; has HDR on netflix streaming perfectly; I selected Deep Color in settings). Still get 4K, but can't even get HDR to work. And my LG TV is the OLED mode if that has
    anything to do with anything.
  10. Echo4Ent Win User

Best Xbox X gaming monitor?

I use an LG 27UD58-B. It is a good monitor, but it does not support HDR. LG has some newer ones that do support HDR.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X HDR does not work on LG 55EG9600 2015 - Similar Threads - HDR does 55EG9600

2. Does HDR will be compatible with Console / Game Streaming at some point in the future?

in XboX Insiders
    Does HDR will be compatible with Console / Game Streaming at some point in the future?: I mean the current stream to the PC with the companion Xbox app does not allow HDR images, so since I'm not able to test on my own I wonder if the new systems will allow it, since there's phones...
  3. Does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox One X support HDR at 1080p?: So I use my Xbox one X hooked up to a monitor however I am getting a new monitor which is not 4K due to my PC not handling 4K games and down scaling on a 4K monitor to 1080p looks garbage so my...
  4. Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?: I have an Epson 5040ub projector. It doesn't do full 4k but it does take a 4k signal and does a great job of enhancing 1080p to look really close to 4k. Problem is that I can watch a 4k HDR disc,...
  5. 42PG20D: XBOX ONE X +LG: does not recognize HDR

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: XBOX ONE X +LG: does not recognize HDR: 42PG20D: XBOX ONE X +LG: does not recognize HDR You need to check some LG models only do HDR and 4k in a separate HDMI and you must have 4k cables c2d6f839-56c1-41c0-adcc-d0fe5081ceb9
  6. Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X does not support HDR content via Plex DirectPlay: Purchased an Xbox One X for the sole purpose of using it to centralize my entertainment. I use the Plex app and a locally hosted plex server to serve 4K content. HDR enabled 4K files have...
  7. Blu-Ray Player App does not play 4K HDR Movie on my 4K only TV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray Player App does not play 4K HDR Movie on my 4K only TV: Given: TV: Samsung UN65HU8550F Movie: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice (4K Ultra HD featuring HDR) My TV supports 4K but it does not support HDR. (I bought it about two years ago. Only...
  8. Blu-Ray Player App does not play 4K HDR Movie on my 4K only TV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray Player App does not play 4K HDR Movie on my 4K only TV: Given: TV: Samsung UN65HU8550F Movie: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice (4K Ultra HD featuring HDR) My TV supports 4K but it does not support HDR. (I bought it about two years ago. Only...
  9. Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?: Hi I am considering into purchasing a 4K TV just for HDR support. I prefer to play games such as GEARS 4 and TOMB RAIDER in 60 fps performance mode weven without 4K, however I do want to see what...
  10. xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s does not support 4:2:2 hdr!!!: Xbox one s only supports hdr game with ycbcr 4:2:0 while playing forza horizon 3. It should support ycbcr 4:2:2 4k 60Hz as well for better picture quality. 4fce5209-2f26-466f-919d-f7a413926fee