Xbox One X \ HDR DVR Videos \ YouTube Friendly

Discus and support Xbox One X \ HDR DVR Videos \ YouTube Friendly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; YouTube supports HDR videos, Xbox One X produces HDR videos. But after uploading such a video to YouTube it results in striped of HDR and bleached... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by f r u 7 7 y, May 16, 2020.

1. f r u 7 7 y
    f r u 7 7 y Guest

YouTube supports HDR videos, Xbox One X produces HDR videos.

But after uploading such a video to YouTube it results in striped of HDR and bleached output like this:

https://youtu.be/3mMG5-rLgtA?list=PLIWGc0BIMJSBskxhPH1vkrjkoEte4EY3w&t=1026

Can this be fixed?

:)

f r u 7 7 y, May 16, 2020
  2. f r u 7 7 y Win User

unfortunately this is a youtube problem i would try and contact them
    This is not true, the problem here is not with YouTube.

I have 5 sources of HDR videos, all which work just fine with YouTube, except for Xbox One X DVR.

The problem is with the substandard way Xbox encodes and describes HDR metadata in the produced MP4 file. And this should be fixed.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

YouTube is responsible for their own apps. Unless they specifically call Microsoft in, they have no access to the tools to fix it. You need to ask them
  4. f r u 7 7 y Win User

To my opinion YouTube is by far the most popular video service out there and being compatible with it should be QA test case #1. Xbox team is just ignoring this issue for over 2 years.
  5. negan41 Win User

unfortunately this is a youtube problem i would try and contact them
  6. Xx Goremez xX Win User

This happens on the YouTube side of the upload. The link below provides tips on quality of uploads.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71674?hl=en
Thema:

1. Xbox One X \ HDR DVR Videos \ YouTube Friendly - Similar Threads - HDR DVR Videos

2. Xbox one x vs an xbox one s with a HDR TV

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one x vs an xbox one s with a HDR TV: I have an xbox one s (I've had the normal xbox one, but that got fried in a power surge, so my parents got me an xbox one s that I've had since) other people have an xbox one x, but I have an xbox...
  3. Need help for 4k and HDR chiQ android tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help for 4k and HDR chiQ android tv: FR : J'ai une télé chiQ modele U43H7A, impossible d'activer le 4K ni l'HDR sur ma xbox one S, je l'ai déj mise en detection automatique, mais lorsque je coche la case 4K j'ai une erreur qui me...
  4. Does Xbox One S support HDR without 4K Res?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox One S support HDR without 4K Res?: I am looking to purchase a new gaming monitor for my Xbox One S. I was able to find a good one with HDR10 but not 4K. I was wondering if HDR would be supported wirhout 4K capabilities. I have seen...
  5. Playback of 4k hdr media files with dolby atmos

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playback of 4k hdr media files with dolby atmos: I want to play 4k hdr media files with dolby atmos through usb port from hdd/flash drive on my xbox one s. What is setting that I have to make for it to work. I know xbox only allow bitstream in...
  6. 4K SDR/HDR Game Captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K SDR/HDR Game Captures: Greetings all, I finally changed my capture settings from 1080p SDR at 2 minute recording lengths to 4K HDR 30 second recording lengths. I have tried to record 30 second length game captures in...
  7. the xbox One x hdr worsens the light areas of the game

in XBoX on Consoles
    the xbox One x hdr worsens the light areas of the game: hello I have the Xbox one x, my TV is a 2016 high-end Samsung model, ks9000 model that supports 4K, HDR + and everything is well configured, when I activate HDR on the console the brightest areas...
  8. Hdr Xbox One x empeora las zonas luminosas del juego

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdr Xbox One x empeora las zonas luminosas del juego: hello I have the Xbox one x, my TV is a 2016 high-end Samsung model, ks9000 model that supports 4K, HDR + and everything is well configured, when I activate HDR on the console the brightest areas...
  9. Not recording games before Upload Studio can edit 4k HDR Game DVR from external HDD!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not recording games before Upload Studio can edit 4k HDR Game DVR from external HDD!: Still waiting for Microsoft to further improve the Game DVR features on XBox One X. Most important is to upgrade Upload Studio to edit 4k HDR Game DVR from EXTERNAL HDD, instead of having to...
  10. DVR is not working properly when Battlefield 1 is played in HDR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DVR is not working properly when Battlefield 1 is played in HDR: Hello all, I'm constantly using DVR games that support HDR like Gears of War 4. However, when Battlefield 1 got HDR support last week, Xbox One DVR starting acting a little bit weird, where...