Xbox one x HDR washing out picture possible solution

Discus and support Xbox one x HDR washing out picture possible solution in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Right so I may have a solution for HDR washing out and causing your TV to look like it's gone into power saving with backlighting turned off. I've been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by o Memphis o, Jan 13, 2021.

1. o Memphis o
    o Memphis o Guest

Right so I may have a solution for HDR washing out and causing your TV to look like it's gone into power saving with backlighting turned off. I've been searching myself but never found the solution so went changing and testing settings and finally fixed
    it by turning the allow ycc 4:2:2 option off. This drove me insane the last week and I couldn't seem to find any solutions online, hopefully this will work for others like it did for me.

:)

o Memphis o, Jan 13, 2021
  2. albain Win User

Hdr washed out colors and dimmer during hdr content

Hi,

I have a LG OLED65B7V (2017 model) and this is driving me nutz : 4K HDR is enabled and all the indicators are green from xbox video settings.

- On Netflix TV app the HDR is working perfectly : HDR videos do have real blacks, they are not washed out at all (tested on marvel defenders)

- On Xbox One S Netflix app : the same video is washed out in HDR (non HDR videos are fine AFAIK). It can be easily seen on intermediate black pictures which are gray

- But most of all (because I can handle using netflix TV app) the bluray 4K are washed out and I have no solution to this except to reduce the brightness from TV settings. Regular blurays are fine. Tested with Wonder woman 4K bluray

This is weird because it seemed to me that HDR was working fine at first on xbox one s. I tried a factory reset with no luck.

I also tried to connect the TV directly to the Xbox instead of the receiver, tried PC RGB instead of limited range...

I am out of ideas...
  3. Rogmeister Win User

HDR on LG OLED - dull and washed out

Every time HDR kicks in on my console on forza, UHD blurays or Netflix the image becomes dull, dark and washed out.

The tv plays HDR perfectly fine using the tv's built In Netflix app. I've tried all picture modes on the tv I.e vivid, game, odd etc and All do the same with hdr content from the console. I note that the last firmware update states part of it was to fix
    washed out images using HDR on certain tv's. Could it be my one has slipped through the net?
  4. konrad83-FFE3FC93-34 Win User

Xbox Oe X Scorpio HDR Washed Out

Take a look at this :

"Xbox One X als UHD Blu-ray Player: SDR besser als HDR?"
    in youtube

I have the exact same problem with HDR.

Moreover, in games, I see no differences with the HDR feature activated or deactivated
    Thats strange because I have exactly same TV and difference With or without HDR is huge and colours are not washed out in games
  5. MichaelJKenny Win User

Xbox Oe X Scorpio HDR Washed Out

Take a look at this :

"Xbox One X als UHD Blu-ray Player: SDR besser als HDR?"
    in youtube

I have the exact same problem with HDR.

Moreover, in games, I see no differences with the HDR feature activated or deactivated

Thats strange because I have exactly same TV and difference With or without HDR is huge and colours are not washed out in games
    Games are fine. It is HDR Video content from Netlfix, Amazon, and Bluray Player that is having the issue.
  6. PressBtoCouch Win User

TV recognizing entire Netflix app as HDR

I have the same issue with my sony X850e - it's really ****, Netflix doesn't care - I've talked to their support many times. Everything works great on my One X and my TV except for Netflix. Boots up and the entire App is HDR - dark, gray, and washed-out
    colors. If I disable HDR on my tv or xbox and reset the app it looks/works fine.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x HDR washing out picture possible solution - Similar Threads - HDR washing picture

2. Hdr washed out after update. Everything has a dark green tint.

in XboX Insiders
    Hdr washed out after update. Everything has a dark green tint.: Since the latent update hdr in games on my series x gets washed out to a dark green tint. Is anyone else experiencing this? submitted by /u/Drak84 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Series X: Washed out display when 4K HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X: Washed out display when 4K HDR: I have connected a SX to a Samsung 55RU8000. So every now and then when a HDR game starts the display is washed out. Switching to the dashboard and back to the game solves this and the display...
  4. Screen colour washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue)

in XboX Insiders
    Screen colour washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue): This occurred while playing apex legends. The hdr suddenly turned off and the screen became almost washed out where colours were very dull. This only happened about twice so it’s a rare bug. But...
  5. Series X - Netflix HDR washed out colors

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - Netflix HDR washed out colors: Hi there, When switching from Xbox One X to Series X I noticed that Netflix app has washed out colors, while no other app/game does this. I am using the same exact set-up as before with LG C9 TV,...
  6. HDR not working (Grayish colors or washed out)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR not working (Grayish colors or washed out): After the most recent update, I had to do today all my games that support HDR have a grayish tint over them. I turned off HDR and it looks normal so it's only when HDR is on. I was just using it...
  7. HDR colors are all washed out after update.

in XboX Insiders
    HDR colors are all washed out after update.: After updating yesterday colors in all my games that support HDR are all washed out and have a grayish tint over it + the Xbox live menu when I press the home button. I tried resetting the...
  8. HDR washed out on Xbox One X and S on Philips HDR1000 monitor.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR washed out on Xbox One X and S on Philips HDR1000 monitor.: Hello everyone. I recently bought for the last Black Friday the combo new monitor + Xbox One X. The monitor I chose, after seeing numerous reviews, was the Philips Momentum 436M6VBPAB 43" 4K...
  9. Xbox HDR screenshots look washed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox HDR screenshots look washed out: I didn't have this issue yesterday. My screenshots in HDR make SDR look really good. The older screenshots I took in HDR look like they were also effected. I need help....
  10. HDR dark dull and washed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR dark dull and washed out: Hello all! I have had my Xbox for a while now and I had hdr up and running for a while until their was an update going back 6-12 months ago which made Horizon 3 really dull and dark was when...