Xbox One X IPv4/IPv6 Issues

Discus and support Xbox One X IPv4/IPv6 Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One X for months has had issues with all of a sudden losing IPv6 connection. For me it shows dual stack IPv4/IPv6 and when I any games like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by shylamoo, Sep 3, 2019.

1. shylamoo
    shylamoo Guest

My Xbox One X for months has had issues with all of a sudden losing IPv6 connection. For me it shows dual stack IPv4/IPv6 and when I any games like Apex Legends, BFV, FighterZ, my console will do this. It isn't every time
    but it has recently been going on a frustrating amount of times. Whenever I lose IPv6 connection I lag and disconnect from my game and I can no longer hear or say anything in the party, which is followed by There are no issues with my internet because my laptop,
    phones, smart TVs, media sticks and so on have no issue whatsoever. They perform normally and my laptop doesn't loose IPv6 connectivity like my console.

I've seen some posts on Reddit about this issue going back to 2015 and a fairly recently commented thread that was from 2018, a little over a 100 days ago. Mostly everyone said that this seemed to be a common issue with Xbox
    One X owners and no matter what if they had Ethernet connection, clearing the mac address, resetting the console, calling your service provider to change ports, resetting the modem, nothing seems to keep the problem away.

I first got this console December of 2018 and it was the Xbox One X Gold Rush Edition, I can't recall these incidents ever happening at first then all of a sudden began whenever I installed the console update (not sure when
    it was) that I assume is what started it. I have been playing multiplayer games like those with Battle Royale with my friends and I feel really bad whenever this happens mid-game and I don't know what to do anymore. If anyone knows how this can be solved it
    would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

shylamoo, Sep 3, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4.

It might be that your ISP is using IPv6 and tunneling IPv4 via CG-NAT and DS-Lite.

While IPv6 is generally a Good Thing to have (as the Xbox One primarily uses IPv6, and even if you only have IPv4, it will use IPv6 tunneled through IPv4), you might want to check with your ISP if they offer you a "Dual Stack" connection with IPv6 and a
    real public IPv4 in parallel.

There really isn't much you can do on the console itself, as it does check automatically what IP protocol your ISP provides, and if it's IPv6, then the console will use IPv6. If it's a Dual Stack, where you have IPv4 natively (not tunneled through IPv6)
    and IPv6, then the console will use both, and if it's an IPv4 connection, it'll tunnel IPv6 through IPv4 through Teredo.
  3. Spazpol Win User

: Xbox1

Does xbox1 stil run on ipv4 or do you have to be on ipv6
    It xbox one supports ipv6 nativity. It can support ipv4. It is really up to carrier if you are able to get an ipv6 connection.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello RJ,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. This thread is a bit old, so it will be locked due to its age. If you require support, or would like to start a discussion, please create a new thread. We will be happy to help you
    there!

Thanks again
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I guess it depends on the country you live in and/or whether your ISP provides you with a router/gateway to access their network.

A quick search provided this Best routers for XBox gaming which is subjective depending on when it was posted and availability.

I would get the best I could afford as long as it was manufactured recently.
  6. shylamoo Win User

Thank you for the very helpful reply. It looks like I'm gonna go ahead and replace my own but before I do, is there a place where I can see the proper modem/router requirements?
Thema:

1. Xbox One X IPv4/IPv6 Issues - Similar Threads - IPv4 IPv6 Issues

2. : IPv4 and IPv6 issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : IPv4 and IPv6 issue: : IPv4 and IPv6 issue I see, if your packe loss increases randomly then it is indeed a problem with your modem or your ISP network / connection, modern hardware has compatibility to use the IPv6...
  3. IPv4& IPv6 issues. NAT unavailable - Xbox service issues??

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv4& IPv6 issues. NAT unavailable - Xbox service issues??: Im comnected with an ethernet cable. It saysthere are xbox issues on their end. I have done allchecks and resets. 149715e6-d774-4cfa-a164-86b68bf2a698
  4. : Switching to ipv6 from ipv4

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Switching to ipv6 from ipv4: : Switching to ipv6 from ipv4 Only your internet provider can give you ipv6 if they support it. If they do, then they can help switch it on for you. If you are successful, then your Xbox One...
  5. IPv4 to IPv6

in XBoX Accessibility
    IPv4 to IPv6: How do i change from IPv4 to IPv6? 66832191-0b8f-4a40-b9af-97daa3485032
  6. IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues: I've been gaming through my Verizon hotspot for months. All of the sudden my Xbox 1, Xbox 1s won't even find my network and if it does and is connected long enough to do a speed test I have .2mb...
  7. IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues: I've been gaming through my Verizon hotspot for months. All of the sudden my Xbox 1, Xbox 1s won't even find my network and if it does and is connected long enough to do a speed test I have .2mb...
  8. IPv4 and IPv6 Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv4 and IPv6 Issues: So just recently I've noticed my xbox one s has been randomly disconnecting from my wireless internet. I look in the network settings and notice it's switch from being IPv4 and IPv6 to just IPv4....
  9. IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues: SO the other day I started having some laggy gaming on Advanced Warfare. I noticed my PING went to 1 red bar and fluctuated up and down the entire game. I switched lobbies to a different game type...
  10. IPv6 playing with IPv4 Issues? Consistent Disconnect between me and my friend, chat and game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv6 playing with IPv4 Issues? Consistent Disconnect between me and my friend, chat and game.: Me and a friend are trying to play GTA Online together. If he or I host a game, one of us will get disconnected in about 5-10 minutes. The same happens with our party chat, fails after about 5-10...