Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from Wifi even after port forwarding

Discus and support Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from Wifi even after port forwarding in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please Help! This is the most frustrating issue with my Xbox One X. I have seen previous questions and forums on this similar issue back when the X... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x N1TRO RUSH z, May 15, 2019 at 8:22 AM.

1. Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from Wifi even after port forwarding

Please Help!

This is the most frustrating issue with my Xbox One X. I have seen previous questions and forums on this similar issue back when the X first was released and I have yet to find a solution. This issue of disconnecting from the internet while playing a game
    has started happening to me about 2 weeks ago. In network settings it says “Behind a Cone NAT” so I did the port forwarding that everyone suggested but no luck. This is very annoying and I am surprised that this issue has been going on since the release of
    the X and Microsoft still has not been able to fix this. If you have or had the same issue please feel free to share some advice or answers to what is going wrong.

Thanks.

:)

x N1TRO RUSH z, May 15, 2019 at 8:22 AM
  2. freerunninglou9 Win User

see about connecting the cable hope it works
  3. ArminatorX Win User

... on older forums people were having the same issue with a wired connection. ...
    Well, disconnects happen for a lot of various reasons. If others get disconnects on a wired connection, the reason for that happening doesn't have to be the same reason for your WiFi disconnects.

But a wired connection is MUCH more easier to troubleshoot that a WiFi connection.

If your connection via ethernet is stable and doesn't disconnect, we only need to focus on your local WiFi.

If you only use WiFi, we can't know if outside interference (e.g. neighbor with WiFi on the same channel, DECT phones, cordless baby monitors, microwave ovens, garage door openers etc.) is causing your disconnects, or if the issue is related to your Internet
    provider (i.e. the disconnects also happen when wired).

And the really bad thing about WiFi troubleshooting is, you don't see the interference. If a disconnect happens, you can't know if
    your neighbor was just warming up nachos.

Or the parents next door put the baby to bed and turned on the baby monitor. You just see the WiFi disconnect, and you don't know why it would happen at that time.

As for wireless disconnects: Just recently someone had the issue, that when they connect their Xbox to their TV, everything works fine, but connected to a Soundbar, the WiFi wouldn't work at all. The reason was a ground loop that introduced so much interference,
    that the WiFi signal couldn't be transmitted.

So by all means: Try a wired connection, and troubleshoot that at first. If the wired connection works, we can work on WiFi later.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

NAT and port forwarding have nothing to do with the console being connected via WiFi or network cable.

So in order to troubleshoot that issue, try to connect your console via a network cable (just temporarily for testing purposes).

If the console still disconnects, you need to check with your internet provider if they are doing CG-NAT.

If the console works properly with the cable, but disconnects via WiFi, you probably have interference that disconnects your console "inside your home".

Either try a different WiFi channel (setting in your WiFi router), or if no suitable interference-free channel can be found, connect the console with an ethernet cable. If running cable through your house is not possible, try using a home plug adapter like
    those from Devolo or similar makers.
  5. Darkwolfecze Win User

Try uninstalling your YouTube app and reset your Xbox with keeping games and apps installed. I know it sounds stupid, but it might help. It happened me when I was on YouTube and Turned off console while watching it. I was like 8 hours without connection.
    Other devices connected. And then I was like: "ummm, what was the last app I have used?" .... "YouTube!!!!" and it worked =D
  6. x N1TRO RUSH z Win User

It is just disconnects from internet while playing online.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from Wifi even after port forwarding - Similar Threads - keeps disconnecting Wifi

2. Superhub 2: xbox one s keeps disconnecting from the wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Superhub 2: xbox one s keeps disconnecting from the wifi: Superhub 2: xbox one s keeps disconnecting from the wifi Hello! Thanks for the reply. I recommend you try preforming a soft factory reset on the console. How to reset your console to factory...
  3. Xbox One X keeps disconnecting with WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps disconnecting with WiFi: Split from this thread. Recently tried this, did not work, actually made my connection a bit slower till I did it again, but still disconnects from xbox live every 20 mins when not wired and...
  4. Comcast: I keep getting disconnected from wifi

Comcast: I keep getting disconnected from wifi: Comcast (ISPs): I keep getting disconnected from wifi Hello! Since you've already hard reset your system several times, here's a few other things to try. Power down & Disconnect your system from...
  5. CenturyLink: Well my WiFi keeps disconnecting and my other devises are fine can anybody help

CenturyLink: Well my WiFi keeps disconnecting and my other devises are fine can anybody help: CenturyLink (ISPs): Well my WiFi keeps disconnecting and my other devises are fine can anybody help Check this link for a possible solution:...
  6. Xbox One X keeps disconnecting with WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps disconnecting with WiFi: Hello, I have a brand new Xbox One X and I'm having a super annoying problem with its connectivity. It seems the console disconnects randomly from the WiFi and that makes playing on Xbox Live...
  7. Wifi and wireless controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi and wireless controller keep disconnecting: I am having problems with my Xbox. For about the past week my Xbox one has been constantly disconnecting from its wireless connection. My wireless controller also disconnects even when I connect...
  8. Xbox one s keep disconnected when Iphone connecting to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s keep disconnected when Iphone connecting to wifi?: First I thought it was just the internet problem but it seems that everyone in the house is using the wifi fine, when I connecting my Xbox to the internet (Xbox live) its work fine but it...
  9. Xbox One keeps disconnecting from wifi, and then reconnecting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One keeps disconnecting from wifi, and then reconnecting.: I've noticed ever since I got my new dual band router that my Xbox One decides to stay connected to the network for a few minutes and then disconnect. Afterwards reconnecting again. Rinse and...
  10. Xbox one keeps disconnecting from the WiFi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps disconnecting from the WiFi.: So I recently relocated to a new location and I'm having trouble staying connected to my WiFi. I will be fine for about 10-20 minutes, then I will be disconnected but reconnected immediately. It...