Xbox one x keeps shutting down when playing new games

Discus and support Xbox one x keeps shutting down when playing new games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I play new games like borderlands 3 or cod modern warfare my xbox one x will randomly shut down. Its well ventilated never done it with other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FatBoi Smurf, Oct 27, 2019.

1. FatBoi Smurf
    FatBoi Smurf Guest

When I play new games like borderlands 3 or cod modern warfare my xbox one x will randomly shut down. Its well ventilated never done it with other games and it will sometimes be after a couple hours or after a few mins while playing

:)

FatBoi Smurf, Oct 27, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

The crashing with Borderlands 3 and Modern Warfare is a known issue for Activision and Gearbox.

You can look at
    currently known issues with Modern Warfare here
    , where it mentions the crashing on Xbox One X (approximately in the middle of the table). Activision is already working on a fix.

People that submitted a
    support ticket to 2K Games
    got a response that they are also investigating this crashing issue. You can (and should) also report your crashing, so they can gather more information on what might cause these crashes.
  3. xXkenny123Xx Win User

Same problem has been happening to me, ever since Borderlands 3 came out, almost all game I have played have shutdown my console, it is not hot because it's been in the same spot I have had it in since I got it and it never shutdown before Borderlands
    3 only froze the games, I feel like and xbox update may be the cause of this as it has happened to many of my friends too
  4. EtagLive Win User

Both games have a known issue with causing the shutdown of the console. Not 100% sure what the status is with fixing it on Borderlands 3 but on Modern Warfare they are aware of the issue and are looking to patch the console ASAP
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there
    FatBoi Smurf
    !

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with Borderlands 3 & COD: Modern Warfare crashing and causing your console to shut down.

I recommend to try the following troubleshooting article. “My Xbox One game won’t start or freezes during
    gameplay
    ” and see if that helps.

Do note that some of these issues can be resolved by renstallingthe game and performing
    a factory reset (using keep my games & apps)
    as well.

Try this out and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out.
  6. slackadelic Win User

I'm not sure about Borderlands 3, but the developer for Modern Warfare has already confirmed the issue with Xbox One X and the console randomly shutting off when playing that game and are reportedly working on a fix.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x keeps shutting down when playing new games - Similar Threads - keeps shutting down

2. Xbox one X Scorpio edition keeps shutting down while playing Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X Scorpio edition keeps shutting down while playing Minecraft: Currently having an issue were every time we load up and try to play Minecraft after a few moments the xbox shuts down on its own. We have loaded different accounts on the same xbox and have had...
  3. Xbox keeps shutting down

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox keeps shutting down: I reported it but my xbox keeps shutting down mid game. Everything freezes, 10 seconds later the xbox flashes a few times and then shuts right down every time I start any game. Any idea? Has been...
  4. Halo CE Mission 5: Assault on the Control Room keeps shutting down my Xbox One X - how can...

in XboX Insiders
    Halo CE Mission 5: Assault on the Control Room keeps shutting down my Xbox One X - how can...: [IMG] Hi all. I asked this question on Halo Waypoint and a 343i person recommended I check here for help. I have Halo CE: which I have been playing the campaign on my Xbox One X on a 4K TV....
  5. My Xbox One keeps shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One keeps shutting down: So everytime I turn my console on it will shut down, I have my xbox on HDMI1 on my TV and everytime I turn my console on it says check your signal even though everything is fine when it comes to...
  6. Xbox one X keeps shutting down 60 seconds after pressing the xbox guide button

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X keeps shutting down 60 seconds after pressing the xbox guide button: Skip ahead alpha here, I can't send a bug report but ever since the last update I can no longer turn my Xbox on without it powering down after 60 seconds of loading the home screen I press the...
  7. One game keeps shutting down the Xbox saying it has poor ventilation

in XBoX Accessibility
    One game keeps shutting down the Xbox saying it has poor ventilation: Downloaded nba 2k19 yesterday which downloaded fine but when I select a certain mode on the game it just shuts the console down saying it had poor ventilation(it doesnt) and I have even moved the...
  8. Need Some Help (xbox one will not shut down keeps restarting)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Some Help (xbox one will not shut down keeps restarting): Hi All Wonder if anyone could Help I have the power to my Xbox one on all the time so my wife can watch the tv when I'm not using it (turns on straight into the tv) but a few days ago when I...
  9. My xbox one keeps shutting down randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one keeps shutting down randomly: my xbox one keeps randomly shutting down while im in the middle of playing games. IT IS NOT OVERHEATING! Ive already checked that. DON’T TELL ME TO POWER CYCLE THE CONSOLE!!!!! i power cycle...
  10. Fallout 4 keeps shutting down X box one X (refurbished)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 keeps shutting down X box one X (refurbished): Downloaded Fallout 4, game ran for a few hours, then Fallout 4 started crashing the X box by shutting it off. The problem has gotten worse, even after rebooting the game, it will run for a minute,...