Xbox one x keeps shutting down when playing new games

Discus and support Xbox one x keeps shutting down when playing new games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I play new games like borderlands 3 or cod modern warfare my xbox one x will randomly shut down. Its well ventilated never done it with other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FatBoi Smurf, Oct 27, 2019.

1. FatBoi Smurf
    FatBoi Smurf Guest

When I play new games like borderlands 3 or cod modern warfare my xbox one x will randomly shut down. Its well ventilated never done it with other games and it will sometimes be after a couple hours or after a few mins while playing

:)

FatBoi Smurf, Oct 27, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Im having the same problem with Borderlands 3, its on a open shelf and a fan near by the help with ventaltion but still shuts down ...!
    This is a known issue with Borderlands 3 (and other games like Call of Duty).

Also: Is your console enrolled in the Insider Preview Program? If so, please send feedback right after your console has crashed, in order to help pinpoint the issue.

Some people had some luck changing Borderland 3's graphics to "Performance" on the Xbox One X to get rid of the crashing.
  3. Antlover Win User

Xbox one x also shuts down trying to play NBA 2k20
  4. ArminatorX Win User

The crashing with Borderlands 3 and Modern Warfare is a known issue for Activision and Gearbox.

You can look at
    currently known issues with Modern Warfare here
    , where it mentions the crashing on Xbox One X (approximately in the middle of the table). Activision is already working on a fix.

People that submitted a
    support ticket to 2K Games
    got a response that they are also investigating this crashing issue. You can (and should) also report your crashing, so they can gather more information on what might cause these crashes.
  5. xXkenny123Xx Win User

Same problem has been happening to me, ever since Borderlands 3 came out, almost all game I have played have shutdown my console, it is not hot because it's been in the same spot I have had it in since I got it and it never shutdown before Borderlands
    3 only froze the games, I feel like and xbox update may be the cause of this as it has happened to many of my friends too
  6. Tarnend Win User

You could try and using a hoover, try to suck out any dust in the sides and back and front of it, i did this and mine is running loads better, as it was noisy before, now its a lot better, pretty much silent.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x keeps shutting down when playing new games - Similar Threads - keeps shutting down

2. My power supply unit keeps shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    My power supply unit keeps shutting down: Recently I've been playing F1 2020. However, today I was unable to play the game. Why? After the opening to the game I had to press the start button, but as soon as I did so, the console shut down...
  3. OneX keeps shutting down, it is not getting hot, shuts down after a few seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneX keeps shutting down, it is not getting hot, shuts down after a few seconds.: Help please, ive tried everything. 9c8b41aa-ac83-4dc3-a0d0-51bc92c64662
  4. Modern warfare keeps shutting my Xbox one x down when I enter multiplayer menu or store....

in XboX Insiders
    Modern warfare keeps shutting my Xbox one x down when I enter multiplayer menu or store....: Also campaign keeps crashing the Xbox back to home screen. I see other friends online that are playing the game so they aren’t having the issue. I also don’t think they are in preview program...
  5. My Xbox one x keeps shutting down playing FIFA 20 and is over noisy?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one x keeps shutting down playing FIFA 20 and is over noisy?: My Xbox one x console keep shutting down when playing FIFA 20 and is over nois y 4f56a061-c42f-456c-9730-2b5a1cd4a94c
  6. Xbox One X keeps shutting down

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One X keeps shutting down: I don’t know if it’s just me but recently when I play a game on my Xbox One X for a short period of time, it will automatically shut down. I tried resetting my console, turning off automatic...
  7. Xbox one X Scorpio edition keeps shutting down while playing Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X Scorpio edition keeps shutting down while playing Minecraft: Currently having an issue were every time we load up and try to play Minecraft after a few moments the xbox shuts down on its own. We have loaded different accounts on the same xbox and have had...
  8. Xbox keeps shutting down

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox keeps shutting down: I reported it but my xbox keeps shutting down mid game. Everything freezes, 10 seconds later the xbox flashes a few times and then shuts right down every time I start any game. Any idea? Has been...
  9. Halo CE Mission 5: Assault on the Control Room keeps shutting down my Xbox One X - how can...

in XboX Insiders
    Halo CE Mission 5: Assault on the Control Room keeps shutting down my Xbox One X - how can...: [IMG] Hi all. I asked this question on Halo Waypoint and a 343i person recommended I check here for help. I have Halo CE: which I have been playing the campaign on my Xbox One X on a 4K TV....
  10. My Xbox One keeps shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One keeps shutting down: So everytime I turn my console on it will shut down, I have my xbox on HDMI1 on my TV and everytime I turn my console on it says check your signal even though everything is fine when it comes to...