Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p

Discus and support Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One X only works at the lowest resolution 640p. I've tried everything recommended in all the forums I could find online. I have a 1080p TV and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PatriotJack1776, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p

My Xbox One X only works at the lowest resolution 640p. I've tried everything recommended in all the forums I could find online. I have a 1080p TV and I even tried it on a 4k tv and it still has issues (I'll attach photos). I contacted Microsoft support
    and they said I need to take my console in for repairs. Has anyone with this same problem had any success getting it repaired?

Thanks

This strange green screen showed up for a split second several times before going black after I changed my console settings to 720p and 1080p while testing on a 4k TV. On my 1080p TV the screen just goes blank.
    Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p [​IMG]

Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p [​IMG]

:)

PatriotJack1776, Sep 28, 2019
  2. PatriotJack1776 Win User

Thanks but I already tried that and it didn't change a thing.
  3. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there,

I'm sorry to read about your console issues. :S I can point you towards the
    Display Troubleshooter
    , and a post from the
    Xbox Reddit
    , that suggests inserting and removing the HDMI cables from both devices and to retry. I would also recommend powering off both your TV and Xbox from the mains, re-connecting, trying some new HDMI cables and plugging into another HDMI port on
    your TV, purely for troubleshooting.

If none of these steps work, I would follow the advice from Xbox Support, and
    start a repair

Hope this helps, and that you're up and running soon!

L
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

As last resort you can perform a factory reset and after that send it for repairs.
  5. vikas_parashar Win User

Xbox Screen appears only for few dialogues boxes

I find my xbox one s working while set on dvi and 640p resolution. But no display on 1080p and hdmi.

Just to add i am using samsung smart 3d tv aand also tested my xbox one s on 2 other displays.. one pc monitor and one more smart tv
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

Question for staff please.

Games released before the Xbox One X is released will more than likely just get a patch (quite a sizable one at that) to get them ready for the X, some may already have all that code built in from the start though, and all it will take is to plug your external
    hard drive into the X and press play.

After the Xbox One X is released though most games (not all) will have the "X code" built in, so there shouldn't be any patch updates.

Basically you'll only need to buy one game, there will never be an Xbox One version of a game and a totally different Xbox One X version, all Xbox One games work on either console.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p - Similar Threads - needs repair working

2. Xbox Elite Controller needs repairs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller needs repairs: I have an Xbox Elite controller that needs repairs. The grips are both coming off and both the thumbsticks are loose. I tried to send it in for repairs using your online form but it says that it's...
  3. xbox one s 패드를 수리받기 위해서 필요한 것 [Translation - What you need to get your Xbox One s pad repaired]

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s 패드를 수리받기 위해서 필요한 것 [Translation - What you need to get your Xbox One s pad repaired]: xbox one s 패드 lb키가 장났는지 눌러도 인식이 되지않습니다. 그래서 수리를 받으 하는데 품을 받은 것은 작년 7월 달 입니다. 그리 이 품은 넥슨에서 했던 이벤트에 당첨이 되서 받은 패드입니다. 수리를 받을 수 있는지 받을 수 있다면 필요한 것이 무엇인지 궁급합니다. [Translation - If the Xbox One s pad...
  4. Xbox one Repair needed in Bucks, UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Repair needed in Bucks, UK: I need my son’s Xbox One repaired. Every time I sign into my Microsoft account and go to service and repair it keep putting into the USA page, even though I clicking it from the UK page. I am...
  5. Xbox Controller Needs Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Needs Repair: A while back, I received a special, personalised Xbox One Controller (and a game) from a person I once was friends with; this person I believe is, or was, a Microsoft Employee in Vancouver,...
  6. Xbox One Update - Xbox now needing repair service for £120

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Update - Xbox now needing repair service for £120: Xbox One needed to run the update so we initiated the update via web, it failed. Have followed all the various workarounds including the offline USB update. All attempts have failed and device...
  7. Need help with Original Xbox console with transfer saved contents or repair console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with Original Xbox console with transfer saved contents or repair console?: Anyone know how to transfer saved games, data, etc... from Original xbox console (old) to another xbox console (New) or where to find a repairman near my location Stuarts Draft, Va? [img]...
  8. Need Help For a Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Help For a Repair: Hello, I have an Xbox One Wireless Controller and I had it plugged in to my PC to play a game on Steam. My brother called me and I scooted back quite quickly from my chair, controller in hand and...
  9. Controller not working / device repair not working / need contact email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working / device repair not working / need contact email: My brand new xbox one x has a faulty controller. All of the automated systems dont work and i cant get a person anywhere. I need a contact email for microsoft support....
  10. Kinect stopped working, need advice on repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect stopped working, need advice on repair: When I bought my xbox one I was stuck with a giant bundle from newegg with a bunch of stuff I didn't want. Now my kinect stopped working and newegg won't let me return it without the bundled items...