Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p

Discus and support Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One X only works at the lowest resolution 640p. I've tried everything recommended in all the forums I could find online. I have a 1080p TV and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PatriotJack1776, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p

My Xbox One X only works at the lowest resolution 640p. I've tried everything recommended in all the forums I could find online. I have a 1080p TV and I even tried it on a 4k tv and it still has issues (I'll attach photos). I contacted Microsoft support
    and they said I need to take my console in for repairs. Has anyone with this same problem had any success getting it repaired?

Thanks

This strange green screen showed up for a split second several times before going black after I changed my console settings to 720p and 1080p while testing on a 4k TV. On my 1080p TV the screen just goes blank.
    Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p [​IMG]

Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p [​IMG]

:)

PatriotJack1776, Sep 28, 2019
  2. PatriotJack1776 Win User

Thanks but I already tried that and it didn't change a thing.
  3. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there,

I'm sorry to read about your console issues. :S I can point you towards the
    Display Troubleshooter
    , and a post from the
    Xbox Reddit
    , that suggests inserting and removing the HDMI cables from both devices and to retry. I would also recommend powering off both your TV and Xbox from the mains, re-connecting, trying some new HDMI cables and plugging into another HDMI port on
    your TV, purely for troubleshooting.

If none of these steps work, I would follow the advice from Xbox Support, and
    start a repair

Hope this helps, and that you're up and running soon!

L
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

As last resort you can perform a factory reset and after that send it for repairs.
  5. Cyborgx372 Win User

XBox HDMI output only works at 640p

A full factory reset did not resolve the issue. It's a little bit better, in that something will now display at higher resolutions, but there are still significant issues with lines and blinking. I can't watch a movie or game with the screen blinking on
    and off, with about 1 second of black for every second of content. The audio also goes in and out with the image.

[​IMG]

The device is a couple weeks out of warranty, so it's going to cost $193.32 to fix it according to the Microsoft repair order. I can buy a brand new one from eBay for 199.99, and get it much sooner.

It's probably not surprising, but I'm a little disappointed.
  6. FriskiNiski Win User

XBox HDMI output only works at 640p

Hello Cyborgx372,

We are very sorry to hear about this issue.

Have you tried switching the display input to HDMI instead of DV or Auto in display settings?

If that doesn't work, sounds like a hardware issue based off everything you have done up to this point.

I would start online to make sure your warranty hasn't expired. First, sign in at Device Support and
    then you’ll see the warranty status for your device. If it’s within warranty, repairs are free. If your device is out of warranty, you’ll be charged a repair fee.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X "needs repair" after only working at 640p - Similar Threads - needs repair working

2. xbox one x hdmi port not working reference needed for repair ????

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x hdmi port not working reference needed for repair ????: hi I've had the HDMI port fail I've tried all steps and tried the Xbox with different TV's and hd leads but no luck now I've been told to return it to Argos as its to do with them but Argos said...
  3. Does my Xbox One need to be repaired?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does my Xbox One need to be repaired?: I've been researching a problem I been having...My Xbox One won't read or play 360 games and DVD movies. It will play Xbox One games and Blu-ray but yeah, i don't feel like paying $179.00 for a...
  4. Is the $249 to repair Xbox One X for a simple issue negotiable? All I need is an HDMI port...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the $249 to repair Xbox One X for a simple issue negotiable? All I need is an HDMI port...: So the HDMI port on my xbox is broken. I didn't drop my console, didn't spill anything on it, I have sound, and it turns on, plenty of ventilation, I've never had any issues with it before - it...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller needs repairs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller needs repairs: I have an Xbox Elite controller that needs repairs. The grips are both coming off and both the thumbsticks are loose. I tried to send it in for repairs using your online form but it says that it's...
  6. xbox one s 패드를 수리받기 위해서 필요한 것 [Translation - What you need to get your Xbox One s pad repaired]

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s 패드를 수리받기 위해서 필요한 것 [Translation - What you need to get your Xbox One s pad repaired]: xbox one s 패드 lb키가 장났는지 눌러도 인식이 되지않습니다. 그래서 수리를 받으 하는데 품을 받은 것은 작년 7월 달 입니다. 그리 이 품은 넥슨에서 했던 이벤트에 당첨이 되서 받은 패드입니다. 수리를 받을 수 있는지 받을 수 있다면 필요한 것이 무엇인지 궁급합니다. [Translation - If the Xbox One s pad...
  7. Xbox one Repair needed in Bucks, UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Repair needed in Bucks, UK: I need my son’s Xbox One repaired. Every time I sign into my Microsoft account and go to service and repair it keep putting into the USA page, even though I clicking it from the UK page. I am...
  8. Xbox Controller Needs Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Needs Repair: A while back, I received a special, personalised Xbox One Controller (and a game) from a person I once was friends with; this person I believe is, or was, a Microsoft Employee in Vancouver,...
  9. Controller not working / device repair not working / need contact email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working / device repair not working / need contact email: My brand new xbox one x has a faulty controller. All of the automated systems dont work and i cant get a person anywhere. I need a contact email for microsoft support....
  10. Kinect stopped working, need advice on repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect stopped working, need advice on repair: When I bought my xbox one I was stuck with a giant bundle from newegg with a bunch of stuff I didn't want. Now my kinect stopped working and newegg won't let me return it without the bundled items...