Xbox one x noises

Discus and support Xbox one x noises in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got an Xbox one x, up and running fine. When on the home screen it's silent but as soon as I start any game there's a constant ticking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shaugi, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Shaugi
    Shaugi Guest

Xbox one x noises

Just got an Xbox one x, up and running fine.

When on the home screen it's silent but as soon as I start any game there's a constant ticking noise....the pitch varies but it's constant and LOUD.

Surely that can't be right?

The console has plenty of room around it for ventilation, it's not been dropped or knocked, the area has been cleaned of any dust.....

The noise sounds to be like the hard drive spinning but it's loud enough that from a few feet away I have to turn up the tv volume so I can play without the distraction.

Any ideas or suggestions?

This was THE Xbox one x in my town so a replacement from the store is pretty unlikely.

:)

Shaugi, Dec 3, 2019
  2. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Xbox One X buzzing sound

That is normal. that is the fan my xbox one x has always made a similar noise
  3. GTI0 Win User

Xbox one S fan noise

My Xbox one X fan also makes a lot of noise but only when i play HDR games.
  4. Forsepss92 Win User

Disgusted by the quality of Xbox one controller!

Hello, I am sending you this message to improve the future xbox one.

boutton the A, B, X, Y, and + make noise so just an improvement for moin noise.

thank you very much, you are the best
  5. イザヤ Win User

Xbox One X Fan sounds way louder than usual

Ok I moved it and it has not shut off sense but the Xbox One X Fan noise is not constant and is still loud maybe not as loud as a jet engine like I describe before but still loud way louder than my Xbox One S and OG Xbox One, it would have a fan burst
    when I'm playing which is loud and annoying and the fan noise would never be at a constant noise level while I'm playing a game.
  6. TCheung01 Win User

Xbox One X making a whining noise and ticking even when on standby, but not when turned completely off.

Thank's for the quick reply. I considered this but I did find it strange that my original Xbox one has no ticking noise. I don't know if they would have the same noise, but even when nothing is being downloaded on the One X and it has been on standby for
    several hours the ticking and whining continues.
Thema:

Xbox one x noises

1. Xbox one x noises - Similar Threads - noises

2. Xbox series x, weird noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x, weird noise: Hi my series x has started making a buzzing sound, only way I can describe it is the sound of electric buzzing, when on or standby or total shut down, when every thing is turned off. When I...
  3. Xbox One S- Games will randomly crash and make a loud "brrrrr" noise

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S- Games will randomly crash and make a loud "brrrrr" noise: My console is fully updated and everything is up to date, I'm not sure what could be causing this issue submitted by /u/Wman500 [link] [comments]
  4. I can't hear anything from my headset and there is a High pitched noise that plays when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear anything from my headset and there is a High pitched noise that plays when the...: I have a "Hyper X Cloud II" headset and since the release it was giving me no problems. But yesterday my xbox series x crashed like it has been doing but this time it made it where my headset does...
  5. Weird Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird Noise: Hello, I have been experiencing a high pitched scratchy tone from my xbox for the past 6 months. It will go away for a few days then come back, even idle on the home screen. Please load the video...
  6. Background noise at Xbox party, but not Skype on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Background noise at Xbox party, but not Skype on Xbox: When I talk to my friends via Xbox party, everyone always hears a noise in the background as soon as someone speaks. This noise does not exist when we use the Skype app on the console. How can I...
  7. Xbox one s fan noise , but when up right no noise?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s fan noise , but when up right no noise?: Hey, i have an xbox one s , ive only had this for 1 week and it was perfect. but now the fan is louder but sounds like its hitting something constantly, but if i have thhe xbox up right the...
  8. Issue with noise on headphones audio at certain volume levels

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with noise on headphones audio at certain volume levels: Delta Ring Here, I have been trouble with audio on headphones at certain volume levels on my XSX controller. Below 80% of max volume I can hear noise on my game, but if I increase the level...
  9. noise at startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    noise at startup: When I turn on the Xbox Series X, I set up a quick start, the console emits a short-lived noise coming from inside the console, it would look like the fan scratching something at the cue emitting...
  10. Xbox Series S is making a loud clicking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S is making a loud clicking noise: I received my Series S last week, and I noticed almost immediately that my system was making a loud clicking/squeaking noise after a few minutes of use. I assume it has something to do with the...