Xbox One X not detecting correct resolution.

Discus and support Xbox One X not detecting correct resolution. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to hook up my Xbox One X to my BenQ EX3203R monitor. The monitor’s native resolution is 1440p. It also supports 120hz refresh rate and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MehsinWehbe, Sep 3, 2019.

1. MehsinWehbe
    MehsinWehbe Guest

I am trying to hook up my Xbox One X to my BenQ EX3203R monitor. The monitor’s native resolution is 1440p. It also supports 120hz refresh rate and Freesync 2. I cannot set the resolution to 1440p as the option does not exist. If I set the override to HDMI
    it allows me to set 1440p but then I am unable to select HDR10 or allow variable refresh rate. As it sits now the only options I can select and still get hdr and variable refresh rate is 4k, 60hz. I would like it set to 1440P, 60Hz or 120Hz with HDR and Variable
    refresh rate enabled. Thank you.

:)

MehsinWehbe, Sep 3, 2019
  2. MehsinWehbe Win User

I have read that and there should be no limitations. I should be able to select 1440p, 60hz, HDR, and Freesync.
  3. WPAK Win User

4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One X on a 720p HD-READY TV??

HI Andreas,

You can play the Xbox One X on 4 different resolution settings: 720p, 1080p, 1440p, and 4K UHD. Your Xbox will automatically detect your TV and the resolution it is capable of and display the best possible resolution it can with what the TV will support.
    So it should work great on your TV as the Xbox One X is more powerful than the original Xbox One.

To manually manage your resolution settings on the Xbox One X just open up the guide and go to Settings>Display & sound>Video output>Display>TV resolution.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
  5. II M0Z II Win User

Television turns off

Try setting both the Xbox and TV display settings to automatic detection as a trial. Sometimes if resolution/display settings are not correct the TV will turn off.

Are you using HDMI?
  6. XBF Aaron G Win User

1440p

What is happening is your Xbox one x is programmed to run off of 4k 2160p or 1080p . If your on auto detect 1440p will see if its compatible at that particular refresh rate. If it cannot use it at that setting it will drop to the 1080p setting. Here's some
    information on the resolutions the Xbox x has available and some trouble shooting to see if you can get it to display.

Troubleshooting Resolutions
Thema:

1. Xbox One X not detecting correct resolution. - Similar Threads - detecting correct resolution

2. Xbox Insider Hub | Detecting underage

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Hub | Detecting underage: Hello. I need some help. Xbox support is full of itself because they have no idea about anything that pertains to the Xbox Insider Program. I asked because it was detecting my account to be...
  3. I purchased Detective Pikachu as part of the Sonic Mania bonus bundle you were advertising...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Detective Pikachu as part of the Sonic Mania bonus bundle you were advertising...: Hi, I had got a promo offer on my Xbox One on June 10th stating that if I bought Detective Pikachu I would get a free copy of Sonic Mania. I purchased the movie as per the advertisement (it was...
  4. SnowRunner on Xbox One does not detect Logitech G920 Wheel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SnowRunner on Xbox One does not detect Logitech G920 Wheel: I bought SnowRunner on Xbox One X. I have Logitech G920 wheel. The game does not detect the Wheel. Note that the wheel works perfectly fine with other games like Forza Horizon 4. I saw YouTube...
  5. Xbox not seeing folders or files in SeaGate BUP BK USB Device, but detects the hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not seeing folders or files in SeaGate BUP BK USB Device, but detects the hard drive: Hello, As stated in the title, my xboxes can't see any of the files in my SeaGate external hard drive. The Xbox detects the drive and it says "Ready to Use," but the Media Player doesn't see any...
  6. VRR is greyed out when display settings are set manually vs. Auto-detect.

in XboX Insiders
    VRR is greyed out when display settings are set manually vs. Auto-detect.: [IMG] submitted by /u/hellegaard1 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox app does not detect already installed games via the game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app does not detect already installed games via the game pass: Xbox app does not detect already installed games via the game pass, nor load ANYTHING from the store nor from the game pass section. Already tried resetting the app and reinstalling whole thing...
  8. Game Bar not detecting Microphone device

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar not detecting Microphone device: For some reason game bar is not detecting my microphone device. If i remember correctly, in Game Bar, under the Audio tab, then Voice tab, there should be a mute button and volume slider like my...
  9. : recent double nat detected from update

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : recent double nat detected from update: : recent double nat detected from update Hi Amy, You might be the victim of a technology called Carrier Grade NAT: its used by some providers to reduce the number of public IP addresses they need...
  10. Xbox One Controller 'A' button does not detect input correctly.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller 'A' button does not detect input correctly.: So I have been having an issue with my Xbox One controller, I have just purchased it so it is brand new. Whenever I press the 'A' button down the input is sometimes skipped. I have found that...