Xbox One X not detecting correct resolution.

Discus and support Xbox One X not detecting correct resolution. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to hook up my Xbox One X to my BenQ EX3203R monitor. The monitor’s native resolution is 1440p. It also supports 120hz refresh rate and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MehsinWehbe, Sep 3, 2019.

1. MehsinWehbe
    MehsinWehbe Guest

I am trying to hook up my Xbox One X to my BenQ EX3203R monitor. The monitor’s native resolution is 1440p. It also supports 120hz refresh rate and Freesync 2. I cannot set the resolution to 1440p as the option does not exist. If I set the override to HDMI
    it allows me to set 1440p but then I am unable to select HDR10 or allow variable refresh rate. As it sits now the only options I can select and still get hdr and variable refresh rate is 4k, 60hz. I would like it set to 1440P, 60Hz or 120Hz with HDR and Variable
    refresh rate enabled. Thank you.

:)

MehsinWehbe, Sep 3, 2019
  2. MehsinWehbe Win User

I have read that and there should be no limitations. I should be able to select 1440p, 60hz, HDR, and Freesync.
  3. WPAK Win User

4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One X on a 720p HD-READY TV??

HI Andreas,

You can play the Xbox One X on 4 different resolution settings: 720p, 1080p, 1440p, and 4K UHD. Your Xbox will automatically detect your TV and the resolution it is capable of and display the best possible resolution it can with what the TV will support.
    So it should work great on your TV as the Xbox One X is more powerful than the original Xbox One.

To manually manage your resolution settings on the Xbox One X just open up the guide and go to Settings>Display & sound>Video output>Display>TV resolution.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
  5. II M0Z II Win User

Television turns off

Try setting both the Xbox and TV display settings to automatic detection as a trial. Sometimes if resolution/display settings are not correct the TV will turn off.

Are you using HDMI?
  6. XBF Aaron G Win User

1440p

What is happening is your Xbox one x is programmed to run off of 4k 2160p or 1080p . If your on auto detect 1440p will see if its compatible at that particular refresh rate. If it cannot use it at that setting it will drop to the 1080p setting. Here's some
    information on the resolutions the Xbox x has available and some trouble shooting to see if you can get it to display.

Troubleshooting Resolutions
Thema:

1. Xbox One X not detecting correct resolution. - Similar Threads - detecting correct resolution

2. External storage detection

in XBoX Accessibility
    External storage detection: My external hard drive is only being detected sometimes, if i connect it through one of the base usb ports, it doesnt show up but, if i connect it into my usb hub, it will show up and say that”...
  3. Xbox One Controller not detecting Headset after firmware update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller not detecting Headset after firmware update: Hi, not sure if this is exactly where I should ask this. I've recently got a pair of Astro A40's and they originally didn't get detected by my Xbox One Controller via 3.5mm connection. I tried...
  4. Xbox one original turns on no signal detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one original turns on no signal detected: Hi there so I turned on my original Xbox one and it still gives me no display/signal. I use a USB controller, the Xbox one turns on but no signal detected nor the controller stays on. I've tried...
  5. Save Files Not Detected

in XBoX on Windows
    Save Files Not Detected: Was playing kingdom come deliverance earlier today and have put probably around 10 hours into it. I come back to play more tonight to only see that none of my save files have reset and all game...
  6. External hard drive detection problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive detection problems: Hello i have been trying to format my 1tb external hard drive to my xbox one with no luck. Ive made sure i have all the requirements but everytime i go to check my storage on settings app the app...
  7. Mic not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not detected: My Xbox One won't detect my mic when I try and join a party. It was working fine before... I am using a controller with a 3.5mm stereo plug. I have tried the following:; - checking the mic is...
  8. My xbox one wireless controller suddenly stoped detecting any headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one wireless controller suddenly stoped detecting any headset: My xbox controller was working normally but suddenly one day when i tried to play, it stoped detecting headsets, i've tried with about 5 different headsets and earphones and nothing works, i 've...
  9. Hard drive detected but no games show?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard drive detected but no games show?: I just got a new xbox one x and connected the hard drive. Its showing at detected but when i go to games and apps there isnt anything. I shouldnt need to install anything or the internet? Nothing...
  10. Xbox One Controller 'A' button does not detect input correctly.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller 'A' button does not detect input correctly.: So I have been having an issue with my Xbox One controller, I have just purchased it so it is brand new. Whenever I press the 'A' button down the input is sometimes skipped. I have found that...