Xbox one x not launching anything

Discus and support Xbox one x not launching anything in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So far the past week I've been having multiple issues with my Xbox one X. It's the Gears 5 edition and only 3 years old bought new. My console has been... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ronin St. John, Aug 6, 2022 at 5:12 AM.

1. Xbox one x not launching anything

So far the past week I've been having multiple issues with my Xbox one X. It's the Gears 5 edition and only 3 years old bought new. My console has been unable to launch games or apps. Pretty much anything at all. It gives me the whole "please try again" or "xyz took too long to start" message. I've tried everything. I've done hard resets, factory reset, deleting games to have storage, clearing my blu-ray and Mac ip cache, cleaning it, everything at this point. It's seems to work after doing a hard reset and runs fine but the next day when going to turn it on, the same thing happens and I have to do the reset process again. It's getting extremely aggravating and starting to concern me about my console. It doesn't overheat or anything and didn't do this at all until last week. Please help.

:)

Ronin St. John, Aug 6, 2022 at 5:12 AM
  2. Ronin St. John Win User

Thank you so much. I'll definitely try this and let you know for sure! It would probably be as late as tomorrow to know for certain.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's a good signal!

Keep me posted, I'll be crossing fingers!
  4. Ronin St. John Win User

Hey thanks again Josef! So far it's working. If any changes occur I'll let you know bud. You rock!
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Ronin

That's very strange buddy, just to double check.
    May I know if you tried using a different wifi network just to test how it goes?

Or try using a different DNS address:

go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.
    (If that doesn't work use instead 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary)

Let me know how it goes, I'll be waiting for your reply
    Greetings
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Don't worry Ronin, please take your time and let me know the resolution!
Thema:

1. Xbox one x not launching anything - Similar Threads - launching anything

2. Xbox app won't let me launch or install anything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me launch or install anything: Anything I can do except standard troubleshooting? The game just puts me on gaming services page and yes I did installed and reinstalled it and took fixes from previous threads but none worked...
  3. Why do I keep the "getting your game ready" message almost every time I launch anything?

in XboX Insiders
    Why do I keep the "getting your game ready" message almost every time I launch anything?: It seems to be mostly for smaller games and apps. Just launching the Insider hub always shows this message now submitted by /u/TotalFark [link] [comments]
  4. Windows Store not letting me download anything, and not letting me launch games on the Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Store not letting me download anything, and not letting me launch games on the Xbox...: I've looked for an entire afternoon to try and figure out a fix to this issue, and have tried WSReset.exe and even uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Store. I am trying to launch Forza...
  5. Xbox series S won’t launch anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S won’t launch anything: My Xbox series S will not launch anything, no games or apps, only settings. I have power cycled it factory reset it but keeping my games and apps but nothing works, it still just tells me that the...
  6. Is Microsoft doing anything in response to scalpers ruining the Series X launch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft doing anything in response to scalpers ruining the Series X launch?: Since their release last November, the Xbox Series X has been borderline impossible to find, and unless you’re willing to pay a scalper ridiculous amounts of money, you’re probably not getting one...
  7. Xbox one won’t launch anything :(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won’t launch anything :(: Please help me figure this out!!! so any time i try to launch a game or app on my xbox one, my xbox cuts off roughly 20 seconds later. I have tried every kind of restart that there is an updated...
  8. After last update (pre alpha skip-ahead), my Xbox refuses to launch ANYTHING.

in XboX Insiders
    After last update (pre alpha skip-ahead), my Xbox refuses to launch ANYTHING.: After last update, my Xbox refuses to launch any games or apps. Only thing I can do is to go to settings or to visit the store. I just really hope that it is because of the update and not...
  9. Major issue causing periods of time where I'm unable to launch anything, sometimes even the...

in XboX Insiders
    Major issue causing periods of time where I'm unable to launch anything, sometimes even the...: Major issues launching anything I can't launch the hub to report this. I think my external hard drive is dying and causing issues on my X1X (Skip ahead alpha). When installing games, it gets...
  10. Launching anything

in XBoX Accessibility
    Launching anything: My son has had this xbox 1 since Christmas with no problems. Now when he tries to launch a game or You tube it keeps giving him an error code. I plugged in the error code and micro soft says that...