Xbox One X not showing Friends List (0 Friends online despite people being online)

Discus and support Xbox One X not showing Friends List (0 Friends online despite people being online) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good Evening, So this is a strange one. I was playing a Game the other night and for an unknown reason the xbox just decided to freeze as my wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Irishdexy, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Irishdexy
    Irishdexy Guest

Xbox One X not showing Friends List (0 Friends online despite people being online)

Good Evening,

So this is a strange one. I was playing a Game the other night and for an unknown reason the xbox just decided to freeze as my wireless headset decided to stop talking to the dongle which is plugged in and works 99.9% of the time. After the restart my friends
    list then said 0 friends online despite knowing i had at least 20 odd.

I did the normal troubleshooting: I removed my profile from the Xbox then did a hard reset (Holding the button in for 10 seconds not the actual console reset) then cleared the cache by unplugging it for 5 minutes. Fast forward I turn it back on and sign
    in and alas no friends online still. At which point i then reset all of the Modem and Router settings and rebooted them. Again i go back on and still nothing.

This has me a little confused as I don't know if it is a bug or not however some things to note:

I am a Preview member and I was on the Omega (Most Stable and Least updated of the previews - and I would also say I had no issues prior to this weird freezing)

I can sign in on a different Xbox and see the Friends list fine

I can also sign in on PC and Mobile and see the friends list.

I also tested another account on the same console and it was also working fine (it showed people online)

NAT Type is Open and IP/DNS settings are set to Auto although before it was using Googles DNS (Once again this was working fine for everything else but i reset it to Auto to make sure)

Also on a whim i checked my Reputation which was also fine.

I dunno what else to check or do to get it work other than reset the entire console which I'd rather not do.

Any Help is very much appreciated and thanks!

:)

Irishdexy, Jul 31, 2019
  2. sandy the hippy Win User

Definitely an odd one, not sure.

What o will suggest though, is that you report a bug, and check if it's a known issue on the build you are using. Details of how to do this are below.

Immediately after you encounter a problem or unexpected behavior, you’ll want to launch Report a problem:

1. Hold down the Xbox button on the controller.
    2. On the power menu, select Report a problem.
    Report a problem opens within the Xbox Insider Hub.

Report a known problem
    After launching the Report a problem feature, the Known problems screen displays, which shows you problems that other players have already reported.

To add info about the known problem:

1. Under Known issues, select the problem you're experiencing.
    2. If you are able to show us the problem, select Include screenshot or Include video capture.
    3. Select +1 I have this problem.
    Report a new problem
    If you’re experiencing a problem or unexpected behavior that no one else has reported, add a new problem. Your report will help our Team Xbox investigate the issue. Here’s how:

1. After launching Report a problem, select Add new problem.
    2. On the Select category screen, select the most appropriate category for the problem.
    3. On the Select sub-category screen, select the most appropriate sub-category for the problem. Note: If you’re not sure what category a problem should be in, just take your best guess. We’ll still receive and review your
      problem.
    4. If you are able to show us the problem, select Include screenshot or Include video capture.
    5. Provide a Title and Description. The best way to do this is to answer these questions:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem? For example: media discs (Blu-rays, DVDs, Games), TV model (video issues), AV setup (audio issues), networking hardware (connection issues), headsets, arcade
        sticks, or peripherals.
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem/behavior? If so, what was the specific error code or message?

Note: To more easily input your text, use a USB keyboard, the Xbox One Chatpad or the Xbox
        app
        on your mobile device or Windows 10 PC. If you use Cortana, use voice-to-text by bringing up the keyboard for each text field, and then pressing the View button .
    6. Select Done.
  3. Irishdexy Win User

Thanks Sandy, I submitted a full bug report with video and screenshots. I also tried making the xbox my home xbox as i was game sharing on the other xbox in the house. I guess I’ll see what happens now.
  4. blakeh07 Win User

Friends not showing up as online...

for me its 0 friends online even though there are people online i check my friends list and no one is there i need explanations
  5. iXanon Win User

Anyone else got the new xbox.com green bar?

Anyone else's menu showing 0 friends online even when they actually have friends online?
  6. Grosheq Win User

Since last preview update my friends list does not update. Constantly 37 people online.

Addition: On xbox.com friends are shown correctly. On my Xbox App on Android it shows 0 friends online.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X not showing Friends List (0 Friends online despite people being online) - Similar Threads - showing Friends List

2. friends list not showing up on box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    friends list not showing up on box.: hey for the past 3 weeks i haven't been able to see my friends list on xbox one x. i can only see when my favorite friends get on line. i have to use pc or app to see friends list. does anyone...
  3. Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows all friends on phone app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows all friends on phone app: A week ago, my friends list was working just fine on all devices. About a week ago, my console (Xbox One S) started showing that I have zero friends. I can see and browse my friends on the Xbox...
  4. Friends list won’t show up on console but will on app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends list won’t show up on console but will on app: I restarted my console and I turned it back on and saw that my friends list was not showing up but then I went on to the xbox app it showed all of my friends and I could join them and today on my...
  5. Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows 40 friends on phone app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows 40 friends on phone app: A couple months ago, my friends list was working just fine on all devices. Not sure exactly when, but my console started showing that i have zero friends. I can browse my friends on the xbox app...
  6. Friends list not showing up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends list not showing up: so this happened a few days ago afte ri just updated my console and after the fact when i updated it it will no longer show my friends online anymore even though i have 100+ friends??? Why is...
  7. Friends list not showing on Xbox app for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Friends list not showing on Xbox app for PC: Hey guys & gals, As the title says, my friends list won't show on my Xbox app on my PC. The error is "We can't show your friends right now. Try refreshing the app." I've tried refreshing, and...
  8. Friend on list shows no achievements/information

in XBoX Accessibility
    Friend on list shows no achievements/information: i have one friend in my friends list who when i click on them to view and compare information and achievements shows they have none in any games. the main profile overview has the gamerscore on...
  9. Xbox 360 not showing Friends List or Messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not showing Friends List or Messages: So I'm running into an issue where my friends list and messages are not showing on my Xbox 360 when logged in, but they are on my Xbox PC app. I have gone so far as to reformat the hard drive, but...
  10. Friends List shows 0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends List shows 0: Hey guys!! I was trying to start up my console and everything was going well until I saw my friends list was missing. I can see them other times like when im playing online but not in my actual...