Xbox One X Occasionally Not Recognizing External Hard Drives

Discus and support Xbox One X Occasionally Not Recognizing External Hard Drives in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Every once in a while (which is more like once a week when I turn on my Xbox One X), it will fail to recognize one of the two hard drives. Rarely, it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SenileTomato, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Xbox One X Occasionally Not Recognizing External Hard Drives

Every once in a while (which is more like once a week when I turn on my Xbox One X), it will fail to recognize one of the two hard drives. Rarely, it will not recognize both.

I have scanned the hard drives (2.5" WD 4TB HDD's tat 5400 RPM) usingDrive DX, and they are in perfect working condition, with no errors, hardware issues, etc.

The only way I know of at this point to solve this issue is to unplug and then plug back in the hard drive(s) having the issue.

I'm hoping this is a software issue that can be resolved in a short period of time. Anyone else have this issue, or have possible ways to avoid it?

submitted by /u/SenileTomato
    [link] [comments]

/u/SenileTomato, Aug 25, 2019
  2. ExtraBarrel9 Win User

broken xbox update

My xbox one no longer recognizes my external hard drive after the update.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Memoria esterna non rilevata e il controller non risponde ai comandi [Translation - External memory is not detected and the controller does not respond to commands]

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that the issue is persistent on the External Hard Drive.

Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a PC?

Does the PC recognize the external hard drive?

Does the external hard drive meet the specifications for the Xbox One?

If the problem persists, I recommend to try a different external hard drive on the Xbox if possible. One thing we want to make sure, Are the ports on the Xbox One functioning?

Let us know.
  4. onyxishere Win User

External Hard Drive Help

5. reddevildj Win User

external hard drive

I got an external hard drive for my Xbox One and installed everything on it, yesterday i turned off the Xbox while i was on a game and now my Xbox doesn't recognize the hard drive but when i connected it to my PC it is recognized.
  6. XBOX WIZARD Win User

XBox One X and external drive

Your external hard drive will work perfectly with Xbox One X.
Thema:

Xbox One X Occasionally Not Recognizing External Hard Drives

1. Xbox One X Occasionally Not Recognizing External Hard Drives - Similar Threads - Occasionally Recognizing External

2. My occasional rant*: Halo Infinite?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My occasional rant*: Halo Infinite?: [img] Since its inception back in 2001, Halo has easily secured itself a spot on the mantle of the most iconic franchises in gaming history. Its art style, loveable characters (Sgt Johnson I'm...
  3. Text/Images flashing and trying to render outside screen safe zone, occasional white flash...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Text/Images flashing and trying to render outside screen safe zone, occasional white flash...: Hey I was wondering if anyone has seen this. Im having issues when playing where text and images like game maps, or anything around the edge of thet screen try to render outside of the safe...
  4. Xbox One won't wake up occasionally

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't wake up occasionally: Hi, in the past weeks I have encountered a weird problem with my Xbox One X. When waking up from hibernation, the console fails to startup. The Xbox One hardware beep does sound, but the Xbox...
  5. Xbox live random disconnects and occasionally logged out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live random disconnects and occasionally logged out: over the last month or so, I have been having issues with my live randomly disconnecting and occasionally logging me out. My account is not the issue, I changed my password in the off chance it...
  6. occasionally upload studios slow/unable to upload

in XBoX Games and Apps
    occasionally upload studios slow/unable to upload: The last few days i was unable to even upload any clips, as soon as it would go to render the clip it would say "something went wrong-we couldn't render your clip". I had to do a complete factory...
  7. Xbox one turns off by itself and makes turn on sound occasionally when off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns off by itself and makes turn on sound occasionally when off: So my xbox one turns off by itself within 30 minutes of being on every time I try using it. I have tried switching power supplies, switching wall outlets, resetting the power supply, and it is not...
  8. Media Player changes video occasionally when xbox button is pushed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player changes video occasionally when xbox button is pushed.: Occasionally while I am watching a video on media player I will pause the video and stop to check my friends list. Ever since the update there have been multiple occasions where I have pressed the...
  9. Occasional blank screen while playing on xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Occasional blank screen while playing on xbox one s: The reason I'm thinking that too is so many different models are popping up same issue. Surely all of these can't be firmware updates etc to the screens. Just makes you wonder being the first 4K...
  10. New Xbox one S 2tb model - occasionally freezes,then shuts down

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S 2tb model - occasionally freezes,then shuts down: Hi guys had to contact Microsoft today to report and book in my new Xbox one S 2tb for a repair. Over the last few weeks , it's been freezing and the tv makes a strange sound before it shuts...