Xbox one x optical port is loose

Discus and support Xbox one x optical port is loose in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When plugging in my optical cable it seems loose and falls out with little to no movement. When trying to plug it in harder I made sure it is going in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cyberbeast11, May 13, 2019.

1. Cyberbeast11
    Cyberbeast11 Guest

When plugging in my optical cable it seems loose and falls out with little to no movement. When trying to plug it in harder I made sure it is going in the right way and it doesn’t snap or click even when pushing it in hard. I have seen another forum on this
    subject but its locked. Anyone have a resolution for this?

:)

Cyberbeast11, May 13, 2019
  2. Christyna64 Win User

You might need to get a repair done on it.
  3. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

I don't own an xbox one x but from what I've read if it dosen't snap it will never hold the cable. If you removed the plastic piece cover the end of the cable and tried pressing it in kind of hard then you need a new cable orr there may be a problem with
    the port itself.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Do you have another device with an optical port? Maybe the cable itself is damaged, so it won't lock.

If you tried multiple cables not locking on your console, you might have to send in the console for repair or replacement.

To start the repair process, you can go to
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
  5. EXES5 Win User

Hey Cyberbeast11 have u tried another optical cable?or the other end to see if its the cable or the lock in mechanism
  6. SuprX BR Win User

HI, i remember one time i have got same problem, fortunaly i had 2 different cables, from different brand, so i got very better plug from one of then, try other cable, maybe it resolve you problem.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x optical port is loose - Similar Threads - optical port loose

2. What is the sampling rate of Xbox One optical audio output ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the sampling rate of Xbox One optical audio output ?: As xbox do not support usb audio output, I can only turn to optical audio. But the DAC I have can only decode 44khz accuratly. So I wanna know the sampling rate of Xbox....
  3. DTS digital surround via optic

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS digital surround via optic: Hi im having issues with my new xbox one x and my headset using dts digital suround through optical bitstream out, I had an original xbox one and had no problems and the suround sound on my...
  4. Loose Optical Port - Support has not helped me at all yet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loose Optical Port - Support has not helped me at all yet: Hello, I just purchased an XB1X and the optical port is so loose any optical/toslink cable will just fall right out at the slightest movement of the cable and often the audio cuts out if it's not...
  5. XB1X - Loose Optical Port - Poor support thus far

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1X - Loose Optical Port - Poor support thus far: Hello, I'm looking for some opinions here and also to see if anyone else has the issue of their optical port being so loose any optical/toslink cable will just fall right out at the slightest...
  6. OPTICAL PORT ISSUES : controled by XboxOne but no sound.

in XBoX on Consoles
    OPTICAL PORT ISSUES : controled by XboxOne but no sound.: Hi, I just set up my XboxOne and I have an issue I don't manage to solve : My sound bar is connected to the optical port, the XboxOne can controle it (set it on and off, up and down the volume)...
  7. Xbox One Optical Port Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Optical Port Issues: I'm thinking my Xbox One optical port is bad, how can I test this? If i plug the toslink cable in the back on the XB1 the other end should light up, correct? b7930728-ebf8-4a7b-9eeb-63d38e894d91
  8. Audio Lag via Optical Port during TV Remedy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Lag via Optical Port during TV Remedy: I was dealing with this issue forever and it was making me mad. Intermittently while I would be watching TV the audio would lag behind the video. I researched the issue and people said the XBOX...
  9. OPTICAL PORT ISSUES

in XBoX on Consoles
    OPTICAL PORT ISSUES: My optical port on my xbox one isnt working. At first I thought it was my optical cable, but then I plugged it into my xbox 360 and it worked. Please help! cf46658f-9aee-482e-b486-8cce8f8ec062
  10. Audio distortion when the optical port is used for surround (works fine for stereo)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio distortion when the optical port is used for surround (works fine for stereo): My Xbox One is connected via HDMI to my TV, and via optical cable to my receiver. When I put the Xbox One into surround sound (5.1 uncompressed on the optical port), it works, except that the...