Xbox One X overheating alot

Discus and support Xbox One X overheating alot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My console just started doing this last week. •Gamertag: •Device Xbox One X •Region: USA •Retailer purchased at: Gamestop •Plugged into wall... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EtheriousGamer7, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Xbox One X overheating alot

My console just started doing this last week.

•Gamertag:

•Device Xbox One X

•Region: USA

•Retailer purchased at: Gamestop

•Plugged into wall outlet: Y

:)

EtheriousGamer7, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Christyna64 Win User

The room temperature can effect a console drastically. Try and keep the temp at a regular temp for a while and see if that helps.
  3. Nixelplex Win User

It could be that the Vents are being blocked. It could be either dirty or something just in the way. If that doesn't seem to be the problem you might be eligible for a repair request. You can submit one here Xbox
    Repair request.

Hope you get it solved.
  4. Real Dangerr Win User

Hey sorry that you're going through this serious issue. Have you tried to elevate the console and have it in the open area so it can vent out properly? If that doesn't work call Xbox Support and explain to them what you have already experienced and what
    was fixed recently. I hope that this helps.
  5. EtheriousGamer7 Win User

No I havent, it's been in the in the same place all year
  6. LostLogics Win User

I recently opened up my XBox One X to replace my harddrive for an SSD. While I was at it, I replaced the thermal paste. It was pretty much rock solid on my XBox so the heat transfer between the APU and the cooler must have been extremely poor. If you are
    comfortable opening it up and replacing the thermal paste, I really recommend you do so.

There are several videos on YouTube that walks you through the process, and the X is really easy to work on.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X overheating alot - Similar Threads - overheating alot

2. Xbox One S overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S overheating: Hello All! I own an xbox one s that is out of warranty and i am hoping the community might be able to help me diagnose my current issue. so my xbox began overheating (according to when i power it...
  3. Ace Combat 7 triggers Xbox X overheating shutoff

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ace Combat 7 triggers Xbox X overheating shutoff: I am having the same issue. The console (one x) shuts off while playing Ace Combat 7, especially when I die or when I'm close to the ground. I get the same warning when I turn the console back on...
  4. Overheating?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overheating?: My xbox one keeps turning off, i think it might be the fan but i cleared the ventalations on the xbox and power supply, they're out in the open so good airflow. I dont know what to do, even just...
  5. Xbox one X Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X Overheating: So I have an Xbox one X and Play many different games with it. I play Destiny 2 for hours on end with no issues one day and then on other days the xbox will randomly shut down and throw an...
  6. xbox one S overheated

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one S overheated: hi my xbox one S got really hot all of a sudden and stopped turning on. Im not sure why and how to fix it and im quite confised why this happened because i thought they were meant to run for up to...
  7. xbox one x project scorpio edition. overheating issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x project scorpio edition. overheating issues: hi the console sometimes sounds like its trying to take off then 3 days ago it started shutting down then rebooting with a overheating message. the console is on its own with ventilation around...
  8. Xbox one X overheating.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X overheating.: My Xbox one X has been making very loud noise from fans which has steadily got worse over the last few days and eventually it shut down during the middle of a game session. When i rebooted it...
  9. Is anybody else having issues with Fallout 76 crashing, due to console overheating?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anybody else having issues with Fallout 76 crashing, due to console overheating?: [Mod Removed – Profanity]!?....Seems like Bethesda is just making games that promise a lot, but can't deliver. This game is overheating my console and shutting it down, I just expected it would be...
  10. Xbox One X Scorpio overheating/ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Scorpio overheating/ventilation: Hello, My XBox One X (Scorpio edition) recently began shutting down randomly while playing. When I rebooted it I would get a notice about ensuring ventilation, but my Xbox sits on a table in a...