Xbox One X Overheating and Crashing when trying to play RDR2 and Doom Eternal

Discus and support Xbox One X Overheating and Crashing when trying to play RDR2 and Doom Eternal in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Both Doom Iternal and RDR2 crash my xbox one X do to overheating every time. They are completely unplayable. I have done everything that they recommend... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by caseyladner, Oct 11, 2020.

1. caseyladner
    caseyladner Guest

Both Doom Iternal and RDR2 crash my xbox one X do to overheating every time. They are completely unplayable. I have done everything that they recommend but it still happens. Microsoft is trying to hide the fact the
    Xbox one X thermal paste that keeps the chip cool dry out over extend use. So games that really push the system will no longer work bc the GPU just gets too hot. Apparently you can take your xbox apart and fix this yourself but i am not good at that stuff.
    If you want to try there are youtube videos that will walk you through the process. In my opinion I think Microsoft should fix this for free even if your warranty is up. It is 100% their fault. When I contacted them about getting it fixed they refused to help
    me and wanted to charge me a lot to send it in and fix it. Im honestly going to sell my xbox one x to gamespot since it still turns on and kinda works for some games and just call it a day. First time I have ever been hugely disappointed by Microsoft. They
    basically sold everyone a console that will not work properly after years of use. They cheated all of us. I just pray that the Series X does not have the same problem in the coming years.

:)

caseyladner, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Protoxix Win User

What You Playing This Weekend? (20 March - 22 March 2020)

I will be playing DOOM Eternal this sunday!!
  3. Protoxix Win User

What You Playing This Weekend? (20 March - 22 March 2020)

I will be playing DOOM Eternal this sunday!!
  4. Alexander_Sch. Win User

Xbox one X crashes and completely shuts down during cutscenes

Hi Burglheimer,

has anything changed/improved/gotten worse in the meantime?

Asking because my One X crashed and shut down while playing Battlefront 2 (first Mission with Luke Skywalker on Pillio).

Now when I try to load the last save (continue campaign) it crashes, distorts the sound and shuts of on the loading screen every time.

I can load any other mission before and play for hours, other games have no issues at all (RDR2, Titanfall 2, etc.).

I really have no clue what is causing this, only read that some other people seem to have the same problem.

A hardware issue seems unlikely because everything else works flawlessly and it is definitely not overheating...
  5. DreadGodz Win User

Games You're Giving A Try

Im going to be trying out DOOM Eternal this week.
  6. liveloveleenoy Win User

Nba2k20 still crashing?

Same issue.

Xbox one X crashes only on NBA2K20 (Game pass). Can play other games hours and hours but NBA2K20 crashes randomly, or if I try to play NBA2K20 street mode it immediately crashes (every time).

Once restarted an error code stating overheating is presented on the screen, however, the Xbox is not hot. This also happens after an overnight with the Xbox unplugged, and in the morning trying to get into the street mode: it crashes immediately with the
    same error code (no way the Xbox could get heated that fast to crash the machine 2-3 minutes after the first, morning restart).
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Overheating and Crashing when trying to play RDR2 and Doom Eternal - Similar Threads - Overheating Crashing trying

2. Xbox One X Crashing and showing due to overheating....it's not!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Crashing and showing due to overheating....it's not!: Hi, My Xbox One X has recently started to shut itself down when I look to play certain games (Modern Warfare & RDR2). This happens at certain points (MW in the menu & RDR2 when I enter the game)....
  3. Beta Preview Update Ring Causing Supposed Overheating Crash?

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Preview Update Ring Causing Supposed Overheating Crash?: Anyone having crashing issues with the Beta Update Ring on Xbox One X? My used to freeze and shut down in a specific boss in Darksiders Warmastered Edition, when I turned it on the overheat...
  4. need hlp with console crashing due to non exisitent overheating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    need hlp with console crashing due to non exisitent overheating: so recently my xb1 x is crashing due to star wars battlefront 2 with rise of skywalker update and borderlands 3 anyhting with multiplayer. i contacted borderlands company n nothing ever came back...
  5. Is anybody else having issues with Fallout 76 crashing, due to console overheating?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anybody else having issues with Fallout 76 crashing, due to console overheating?: [Mod Removed – Profanity]!?....Seems like Bethesda is just making games that promise a lot, but can't deliver. This game is overheating my console and shutting it down, I just expected it would be...
  6. XboxOneX full crash/shutdown GPU overheating on character screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XboxOneX full crash/shutdown GPU overheating on character screen?: I have experienced an issue several times where I am selecting the character via the in game character screen while in the base. I hear all the fans go into hyperspeed on my XboxOneX Scorpio...
  7. Stuttering and Crashing. Possibly Overheating?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuttering and Crashing. Possibly Overheating?: Hello and thanks for taking the time to read. I've never encountered this problem with my Xbox before. I've had to hard reset and factory reset many times in the past, but I don't think this...
  8. Stuttering and sometimes crashing. Possibly overheating?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuttering and sometimes crashing. Possibly overheating?: Hello and thanks for taking the time to read. I've never encountered this problem with my Xbox before. I've had to hard reset and factory reset many times in the past, but I don't think this...
  9. Xbox One "overheating" and crashing error ALL the time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One "overheating" and crashing error ALL the time: I have been unable to play any game for more than 2 minutes downloaded or disk without the console turning off and giving me the overheating prompt. However, I can keep the system on for hours...
  10. Xbox One Elite Crashing / Freezing (probably Overheating)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Crashing / Freezing (probably Overheating): So i got my Xbox One a couple of months from now and it worked just fine until a week ago. First time it frozed during GTA5 and i reset it by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Afterwards it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Doom Eternal keeps crashing Xbox one