Xbox One X playback issues in Hulu/Netflix/youtube

Discus and support Xbox One X playback issues in Hulu/Netflix/youtube in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am having seemingly random playback issues on my xbox one x only in the netflix, hulu, and youtube apps. All games and menus work just fine.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hoefobulous, May 10, 2019.

1. hoefobulous
    hoefobulous Guest

Hello,

I am having seemingly random playback issues on my xbox one x only in the netflix, hulu, and youtube apps. All games and menus work just fine.

When playing most content through the xbox the video will be heavily distorted/pixelated. If I use the native TV app the content plays just fine.

What I’ve tried:

-all updates

-all devices reset to factory settings

-swapped multiple HDMI cables

-tried different resolutions and color depth option in xbox settings

setup:

xbox one x

samsung UN65NU8000 4K UHD

Sony STR-DH790 receiver

thanks in advance

:)

hoefobulous, May 10, 2019
  2. hoefobulous Win User

Yes I have reinstalled all the apps. Restart the app every time i adjust a setting as well
  3. Jeremy2085 Win User

Have you tried restarting the applications and backing up the data, maybe there is a virus in the software/hardware?
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

G'day,

This is a known issue that is being tracked by the developers. There have been previous posts on this forum and reddit concerning this issue.

Have a look in https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/search?q=youtube&restrict_sr=1 for more details.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Are you part of the Xbox Insider Preview program? There is a known issue with Netflix and YouTube. You should file a report via the console and also check out here: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders
  6. PEANUTx420 Win User

xbox one rearrange pins not in the right order

ok I figured it out. its actually not random. wherever I put a pin, the next time I go back it is located one more tile to the left. FOR EXAMPLE:

I start in order from left to right (hulu, Netflix, crackle, youtube)

1 if I take Netflix and put it at the end ( hulu, crackle, youtube, Netflix)

2 then the next time it will show ( hulu, crackle, Netflix, youtube)

3 now lets say I take hulu and put it at the end ( crackle, Netflix, youtube, hulu)

4 now then it will show ( crackle, Netflix, hulu, youtube)

5 ok one last example I take crackle and put it in between Netflix and hulu ( Netflix, crackle, hulu, youtube)

6 ok it goes back to ( crackle, Netflix, hulu, youtube)

hopefully this examples it but like I said, it goes one more tile over to the left that I place it at.

very frustrating
Thema:

1. Xbox One X playback issues in Hulu/Netflix/youtube - Similar Threads - playback issues Hulu

2. Xbox one S DVD playback issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S DVD playback issues: I have the Xbox one S Gears of war edition and i used to have it laying down like the original Xbox's but when i went to put in a DVD it didnt work till i put it vertically, I have had no issues...
  3. Xbox One Playback Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Playback Issues: Been watching youtube and video just glitches (shows a distorted still of the video) for a minute before going back to normal. On Vudu, a solid green screen took the place of the movie i was...
  4. YouTube app playback issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube app playback issues: Hey, i just recently started having issues with my Xbox One X playing youtube videos back at half the speed or less, as in they are all in slow motion. The previews seem to play fine but when i...
  5. Mediaplayer and VLC Video playback issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mediaplayer and VLC Video playback issues: So, I'm wondering why this is going on or if there's some sort of fix. Sometimes when I try to play a video from my External 5 TB drive I get an error saying that the video couldn't be played,...
  6. 4K Blu-ray playback issues on One S and One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4K Blu-ray playback issues on One S and One X: Since all of the old thread seem to have been purged: I have problems playing certain 4K Blu-ray discs on my XBox One S, the most recent being Ready Player One. Several family members have Ones...
  7. 4K Blu-ray playback on 1440p menu issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4K Blu-ray playback on 1440p menu issue: Hey everybody, I'm not sure if this has been answered but I couldn't find a solution, so apologies if it has. I've got my One X connected to my 1440p monitor outputting at that resolution. Games...
  8. Thor: Ragnarok 4k UHD Playback Issue on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Thor: Ragnarok 4k UHD Playback Issue on Xbox One X: Found a playback issue watching Thor: Ragnarok on a 4k blu-ray UHD... at around 1:54:54, I believe it's the jump from chapter 14 to 15, the video gets stuck (paused) but the audio keeps playing....
  9. Twitch VOD playback issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch VOD playback issues: Hello, For the last week or two, after about 10-20 minutes of watching a Twitch VOD, it will back out as if someone pressed B. When I try to go into the VOD again, it take a moment to load and...
  10. Xbox one X 4k Blu-ray playback issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X 4k Blu-ray playback issues: these issues never happend when playing the same movies on my Xbox one S. Do I need to return it , is my 4k Blu-ray drive broken? During playback it will constantly freeze, then skip , then get...