Xbox One X Power Supply

Discus and support Xbox One X Power Supply in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My Xbox One X does not turn on. No signs of life whatsoever despite performing power reset and using known-working outlet. Changing cable also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlM_arq, Sep 10, 2019.

1. AlM_arq
    AlM_arq Guest

Xbox One X Power Supply

Hello,

My Xbox One X does not turn on. No signs of life whatsoever despite performing power reset and using known-working outlet. Changing cable also had no impact.

I've disassembled the Xbox and removed the PSU.

I checked the output voltage of the PSU with a multimeter and it is reading 11.76v at no load.

Rated output voltage for this PSU is 12v and 20.42 amps.

My question is, is that voltage too low to allow the unit to turn on?

Follow-up question - anyone use a regular ATX PSU to power their Xbox One X ? I think that's my next step.

Regards,

A

:)

AlM_arq, Sep 10, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Question for xbox ambassadors and Xbox employees i need this to be official

This Support about power supply has quote "
    Power supply and cord

The original Xbox One comes with an external fan-assisted power supply that measures 6.69 x 1.88 x 2.96 inches (about 17 x 4.8 x 7.5 cm). The size is the same in the 100-110V, 220-240V, and 100-240V versions.

Important

Microsoft does not license any non-Microsoft accessories that plug into the Xbox One power socket. Using any accessory other than the standard Xbox One power supply may damage your Xbox and void your warranty.

• Xbox power supplies should be used only in the regions where they’re sold new. Don't use a power supply built for a region whose power requirements differ from where you are.
    • Don't use an unlicensed accessory, such as a non-Microsoft replacement power supply, or any accessory that plugs in-between your Xbox and its power supply.
    • The Xbox power supply contains a fuse to help protect your console from power surges and excessive voltage. This fuse can’t be replaced. " unquote
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

XBox OneX Power Adapter for India

Hi,

The Xbox One X and S models power supplies are multi-voltage. This means they will work in all countries, regardless of whether supplied power is 110V or 220V.
    You do not need a power converter.

"The following describes the external power supply that comes with the original Xbox One, including info on placement, temperature, noise, and safety. The Xbox One S and Xbox One X have a
    different internal power supply that works in all regions worldwide"

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/about-power-supply

All you need is an adapter for the plug.
  4. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one moving from Canada to Ireland

Hi

If it is the original Xbox One with the separate power supply (brick) then you will need to purchase a new power supply, If you own an Xbox One S or Xbox One X then you will just need to purchase a new power cable.
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox One not staying on

Do you have a Xbox One with external power supply or an Xbox One S or X with internal power supply?

I say that because in the first case you can try another power supply (ask to a friend if possible) to see if this fix the problem.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Xbox with 220V DC

Hi

The Xbox One S and Xbox One X both support 110v AC and 220v AC as for the original Xbox One with the separate power supply you will need to purchase a replacement power supply. To order a replacement power supply please use the link below and you should
    be able to purchase the correct power supply.

https://support.microsoft.com/devices
Thema:

Xbox One X Power Supply

1. Xbox One X Power Supply - Similar Threads - Power Supply

2. original xbox one power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    original xbox one power supply: i need an original xbox one power supply. where can I buy? f8fb341f-5fe9-467d-8547-569117644c87
  3. Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439: All, I need help in getting replacement power supply for my Xbox 360 S Console Model 1439. The power cord which came along with the original box is gone due to voltage difference. My original...
  4. Why isn't it possible to buy a Microsoft Xbox One power supply unit?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't it possible to buy a Microsoft Xbox One power supply unit?: Hi, I have an Xbox one with a PSU that finally gave up the ghost recently. The Xbox is out of warranty, which is fine, but I still want to get a proper MS replacement PSU as I've heard bad things...
  5. XBox One - original - power supply replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One - original - power supply replacement: Any suggestions on how I can get my hands on another power supply for XBox one original? c54d4961-ea15-4813-a660-e5236eb28cd0
  6. Xbox One Power Supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power Supply: Hi is there a way I can buy a new power supply as new one is stopped working. I cant see it on the store and through replacement feature. Please as its just the power supply thats not working....
  7. Xbox one power supply problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power supply problems: So I had the power supply supposedly die on me about a month ago. I went through the troubleshooting steps that came back and told me as much (plug it in, orange light on, connect to console...
  8. Console unit or power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console unit or power supply?: Hello fellow Ambassadors, So yesterday, my xbox would not turn on. I looked at the power supply and the light wasn't on. I plugged it into another wall outlet and the light would come one but...
  9. The power supply turns off immediately after connected to the console (XBOX ONE 1540)

in XBoX on Consoles
    The power supply turns off immediately after connected to the console (XBOX ONE 1540): Hi to all, i have an XBOX ONE model 1540. When i connect the power supply to the console, the power supply turns off immediately. I tried the same power supply to other XBOX ONE 1540 and it works....
  10. My XBox Power Supply died, can I pause XBox Live Gold while I'm getting it replaced

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox Power Supply died, can I pause XBox Live Gold while I'm getting it replaced: After 4 years my XBox One power supply died. While I'm ordering a new one, is it possible to pause my XBox Live Gold subscription? f533fbd3-6bdf-4415-884d-e832a327880a