Xbox One X Power Supply

Discus and support Xbox One X Power Supply in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My Xbox One X does not turn on. No signs of life whatsoever despite performing power reset and using known-working outlet. Changing cable also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlM_arq, Sep 10, 2019.

1. AlM_arq
    AlM_arq Guest

Xbox One X Power Supply

Hello,

My Xbox One X does not turn on. No signs of life whatsoever despite performing power reset and using known-working outlet. Changing cable also had no impact.

I've disassembled the Xbox and removed the PSU.

I checked the output voltage of the PSU with a multimeter and it is reading 11.76v at no load.

Rated output voltage for this PSU is 12v and 20.42 amps.

My question is, is that voltage too low to allow the unit to turn on?

Follow-up question - anyone use a regular ATX PSU to power their Xbox One X ? I think that's my next step.

Regards,

A

:)

AlM_arq, Sep 10, 2019
  2. SpartanDavis217 Win User

Error code 0x80831002

I know that the original Xbox One has an external power supply. But my Xbox One X has an internal power supply.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Question for xbox ambassadors and Xbox employees i need this to be official

This Support about power supply has quote "
    Power supply and cord

The original Xbox One comes with an external fan-assisted power supply that measures 6.69 x 1.88 x 2.96 inches (about 17 x 4.8 x 7.5 cm). The size is the same in the 100-110V, 220-240V, and 100-240V versions.

Important

Microsoft does not license any non-Microsoft accessories that plug into the Xbox One power socket. Using any accessory other than the standard Xbox One power supply may damage your Xbox and void your warranty.

• Xbox power supplies should be used only in the regions where they’re sold new. Don't use a power supply built for a region whose power requirements differ from where you are.
    • Don't use an unlicensed accessory, such as a non-Microsoft replacement power supply, or any accessory that plugs in-between your Xbox and its power supply.
    • The Xbox power supply contains a fuse to help protect your console from power surges and excessive voltage. This fuse can’t be replaced. " unquote
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

XBox OneX Power Adapter for India

Hi,

The Xbox One X and S models power supplies are multi-voltage. This means they will work in all countries, regardless of whether supplied power is 110V or 220V.
    You do not need a power converter.

"The following describes the external power supply that comes with the original Xbox One, including info on placement, temperature, noise, and safety. The Xbox One S and Xbox One X have a
    different internal power supply that works in all regions worldwide"

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/about-power-supply

All you need is an adapter for the plug.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one moving from Canada to Ireland

Hi

If it is the original Xbox One with the separate power supply (brick) then you will need to purchase a new power supply, If you own an Xbox One S or Xbox One X then you will just need to purchase a new power cable.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox One not staying on

Do you have a Xbox One with external power supply or an Xbox One S or X with internal power supply?

I say that because in the first case you can try another power supply (ask to a friend if possible) to see if this fix the problem.
Thema:

Xbox One X Power Supply

1. Xbox One X Power Supply - Similar Threads - Power Supply

2. Xbox 360 E power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E power supply: Hello, I need a new power supply for my Xbox 360 E. Does anyone know where I could get one in Canada? Or would another Xbox 360 power supply work? Thanks. 974f1aaf-9739-493a-9e00-654ff9028ac1
  3. usb port/ power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    usb port/ power supply?: so i left my house one day for a few hours and when i came back my xbox wouldnt turn on. i tried changing outlets, power cords, and the tv it was on and it still wouldnt turn on. i came to the...
  4. Xbox power supply lights Cause for xbox not turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power supply lights Cause for xbox not turning on: MY xbox power supply shows a green light when it is plugged in the wall only (not in the console yet) when plugged in the console too it shows a green light again but here the Xbox doesn't turn...
  5. Xbox 360 E power supply fault

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E power supply fault: My xbox 360 E power supply was showing red..but it had been showing green for past 2 years..I bought a new power brick..but it was showing red light too....what's the problem..i tried all...
  6. Xbox One Won't Turn On, Power Supply Orange then Goes Off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Won't Turn On, Power Supply Orange then Goes Off.: I have an original Xbox One which will not turn on. I unplugged everything and plugged all back in. At first the power supply has an orange light but when you connect it to the xbox, the orange...
  7. Xbox one power supply shuts down when playing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power supply shuts down when playing games: My Xbox one power supply turns off randomly when I am playing games, I have to unplug it by the brick for a few seconds for it to come back on, the time it takes to shut off differs from game to...
  8. Проблема с блоком питания.[Translation-The problem with the power supply.]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Проблема с блоком питания.[Translation-The problem with the power supply.]: Скажите пожалуйста, каким образом можно найти блок питания для консоли xbox one. В службе поддержки ответ простой что вы нигде не сможете найти оригинальный блок питания. Какой то очень странный...
  9. Which power supply do I need for my Xbox 360 console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which power supply do I need for my Xbox 360 console?: I don’t know how to find out which power cable i need for my secondhand Xbox 360 console. I have the serial number for the console. Can anyone help? Thanks 101dc3f2-d97e-4513-960c-0090180536e6
  10. Netzteil Xbox one 500gb [Power supply Xbox one 500gb]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Netzteil Xbox one 500gb [Power supply Xbox one 500gb]: Hallo ich bin auf der Suche nach dem externen Netzteil der Xbox One. Es kann doch nicht sein das man nirgends eins bekommt? Danke und Gruß Richy [Translation-Hello I'm looking for the...