Xbox One X power surge protection

Discus and support Xbox One X power surge protection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All I have an xbox one x which won't power up or do anything to switch on after a lightning storm the other night. A few other electronics items... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BillyEllwood, Aug 1, 2019.

1. BillyEllwood
    BillyEllwood Guest

Hi All

I have an xbox one x which won't power up or do anything to switch on after a lightning storm the other night. A few other electronics items have been damaged and are presently being assessed / repaired.

Has anyone an idea if there's any power surge protection of the mainboard - am I simply looking at a write off of this machine? I can get the power supply replaced cheaply by a local games shop, but they state that the problem could be much deeper. It's
    had very little game play but is out of guarantee.

Thanks

:)

BillyEllwood, Aug 1, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Can Xbox one X turn on with a different power surge

Hi, are you asking about surge protection? You should not use surge protectors with the One X or One S, they have multi voltage power supplies (for world wide use) with built in surge protection.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Have you contacted your insurance company? Lots of homeowners policies have provisions for lightning strike damage. I cant speak for outside the US but its worth the call.
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Reset your internal power supply

The Xbox One S and Xbox One X have an internal power supply that works in all regions worldwide. If your console won't turn on, it may simply need a power reset. Often, power issues are due to the power supply resetting after a power surge.

To reset the internal power supply, follow these steps:

1. Unplug the power cord from the console.

[​IMG]

1. Wait 10 seconds.
    2. Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button on the front of the console.

[​IMG]

If the console turns on, the internal power reset worked. Do this step in the future if the problem happens again.

If the console still doesn't turn on, try the following:

• Check that the wall outlet you are using is working with other devices.
    • Check that the power cable is firmly connected to the wall outlet and to your console.
    • Ensure that you're using the power cable that came with your console, and that it's the correct cable for your region.
    • If your console still will not turn on, it will need to be serviced. To request service, sign in to the Device Support page with your Microsoft account credentials and submit
      a service order.
  5. kev edin Win User

I am sure the xbox one dose have a built in surge protection? It might be worth seeing how much someone will take to look at it and assess it. Then you could decide what your next course of action you take ? 👍🤔
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello Billy,

Thank you for replying back. Just to clarify, is your Xbox One X still under the one year warranty? If it is, you can go to the

Devices Website
    to create a repair order or you can
    Contact Support
    for further assistance.

Try this:

• Scroll down, Click on Contact Us
    • Step 1: Click on Ask a Question
    • Step 2 : Select your Product
    • Step 3 : Select your Issue
      • Select – Call me back

If you are no longer under warranty, then at this point you will need to seek a replacement for your console. If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X power surge protection - Similar Threads - power surge protection

2. XBox One S has no power. The loss of power coincided with a brown out (power surge).

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S has no power. The loss of power coincided with a brown out (power surge).: Can i mail it in to Microsoft for repair? 7506d2f6-a9c0-4c43-bb14-4f1b263a4084
  3. Best power surge or outlet to use for xbox one X console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best power surge or outlet to use for xbox one X console?: Best power surge or outlet to use for xbox one X console? f8aa7d83-6ec3-4f78-8cac-e645462785b0
  4. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 wireless adapter power surge

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 wireless adapter power surge: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 wireless adapter power surge So I always leave my wireless adapter plugged into my Pc but now every time I try to plug it in it gives me your device is exceeding...
  5. Xbox One no longer signs in, crashes on every game, and will not turn off after power surge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One no longer signs in, crashes on every game, and will not turn off after power surge.: About a week ago there was a power surge during a bad storm, the power never actually went off, it just made all the lights get really bright then dim, then went back to normal. In that time it...
  6. HELP! My xbox wont turn on after power surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! My xbox wont turn on after power surge: So basically, my brother was playing a game, then we had to eat. When we were eating we experienced a power surge, when we went to check on the Xbox it wouldn't turn on, I've restarted the power...
  7. My Xbox won't work after a power surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't work after a power surge: Xbox 360 hasn't been turning on. I checked the supply box. When I press the button to turn it on it flashes green and makes that ding noise but then it goes back off...
  8. Power surge through phone/internet line | Console won't power up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power surge through phone/internet line | Console won't power up.: Just today, there was an extreme thunderstorm that I believe hit my phone/internet line and roasted my modem, which fried xbox 360 (original version), and then my tv (yes, I was using the xbox at...
  9. Xbox one power brick surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power brick surge: Hello the other night i was having a viscious lighting storm at my house. One partucular bolt lit hit and not a second later my xbox one turns off and I hear a strange pop sound. Next thing i know...
  10. Power supply shouldn't be plugged into a surge protector??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply shouldn't be plugged into a surge protector??: The diagram at solution 3 shows that the Xbone shouldn't be plugged into a surge protector, because it has internal surge protection? What happens if i continue to use the console in a surge...