Xbox One X powers on but has a black screen

Discus and support Xbox One X powers on but has a black screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox one X that I tried turning on for the first time in a few months. The console powers on (the light comes on), my TV recognizes that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lcdrkupcake, May 13, 2022.

1. lcdrkupcake
    lcdrkupcake Guest

I have an Xbox one X that I tried turning on for the first time in a few months. The console powers on (the light comes on), my TV recognizes that something is hooked up, but the screen is black and says 'no signal'.

I've tried rebooting, I've tried hooking up different cables, and I've tried connecting to different HDMI ports. Nothing works. Based on my research so far, I assume this means the hard drive is toast. Any other ideas to try before I go down that path?

Thanks

:)

lcdrkupcake, May 13, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi lcdrkupcake! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

First, power down your console fully and remove the power and network cables for at least 30 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and follow these steps:

Step 1: Hold down the Eject and Bind buttons on your console.

The Eject button is on the front of the original Xbox One console right next to the disk drive, while the Bind button is on the front of the console, with the Bind button sitting directly beneath the Xbox button on the right edge.

Step 2: Release the Xbox button, but continue holding the Eject and Bind buttons for 10-15 seconds. Listen for two tones before releasing these buttons. The Xbox Startup Troubleshooter will appear shortly after.

Step 3: Select Reset This Xbox from the settings and proceed with the factory reset.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Connection

Hi there,

Since this is the second Xbox One X you've had with the same issue, we should look at the power source where the Xbox is plugged into. If you have it plugged into a surge protector power strip, it's highly likely that the surge protector has damaged the
    fuse in the power supply causing a defect in the software, not allowing the data transfer to produce the picture on screen. The Xbox will power on, but not enough to display an image on screen. This has been an issue in the past with original Xbox One's and
    Xbox One S's, its not specific to Xbox One X. Usually the Xbox's experiencing this issue will at some point be plugged into a surge protector or straight from the beginning. We recommend plugging directly into the wall since the Xbox's power supply has built
    in surge protection and to prevent any damage to the console's internal power supply unit.

I have an Xbox One X that I got at launch and has been great since then, but I know products across the market are not perfect and will experience some issue at some point. Even my own Xbox One X hasn't been perfect, but there wasn't anything a simple troubleshoot didn't
    fix.

Unfortunately from the troubleshooting you have already done, it seems the Xbox has been affected by this black screen issue and will need to be replaced or serviced.
  4. Zero420override Win User

random black screening Xbox one X

5. Arminator Win User

Console not turning on fully

6. ngocphi Win User

Xbox model information

Ita easy if it's big and black with a huge power brick then it's the original xbox one

If it's white and small then it's the xbox one s

If it's huge and has no power brick.but a computer ac power cord then its an xbox one x

And the hopefully you don't have this one

Xbox one s no slot for blurays white console pretty obvious digital edition
Thema:

1. Xbox One X powers on but has a black screen - Similar Threads - powers has black

2. After power outage, XBox Series X has forgotten who I am

in XBoX on Consoles
    After power outage, XBox Series X has forgotten who I am: My Xbox is connected to a back-UPS, along with television and surround speaks. In the night we had a series of bad power flickers that ultimately ended with total power loss to the home. I had to...
  3. Xbox One X Has Power But Won’t Turn On

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Has Power But Won’t Turn On: Hi there I recently purchased a second hand Xbox Series X and I saw that it turned on no problem. But now taken it home I’ve tried to turn it on and no answer. I’ve tried to power cycle the...
  4. xbox 360 power brick has no light. no clue but opened its cover

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 power brick has no light. no clue but opened its cover: i cant jave my xbox 360 slim turn on because the power brick. thaught it was a fuse issue but i dont think so. i also tried other plugs and it still wont work. so i opened the casing of the power...
  5. My Xbox Series X has "Sleep Mode & Startup" instead of "Power Mode & Startup"

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Series X has "Sleep Mode & Startup" instead of "Power Mode & Startup": When I go to Settings - General - I see "Sleep Mode & Settings" instead of "Power Mode & Settings". I would like to see "Power Mode & Settings" so that I can set my Xbox Series X up so it will...
  6. My Xbox one power box has a steady orange light but won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one power box has a steady orange light but won’t turn on: Hello all hope everyone days going well, I’ve come for some assistance in turning on my Xbox one. I currently have the orange power box issue, this has happened before and was solved after I...
  7. Xbox powering issue ( but Xbox support has no option for a phone)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox powering issue ( but Xbox support has no option for a phone): So a coupke months ago i got my xbox one s 1 tb console about five hours ago i ended my games session and powered it off via controller. About ten minutes later i went back to play and tried...
  8. Black xbox1 has power but wont boot. Just blank black screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black xbox1 has power but wont boot. Just blank black screen.: Hi my black xbox 1 500gb has power but wont boot, it turns on and I can hear the hdd reading etc. However the screen is blank I have tried different hdmi cables and ports on the tv but it stays...
  9. My Xbox One S has power but doesn't start. TV screen stays black.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S has power but doesn't start. TV screen stays black.: Turned on the Xbox today and it wouldn't load. Just a black screen. tried 2 different HDMI cables and different ports on the TV with the same result. Unplugged the power cord for 30 seconds and...
  10. Xbox One powering on but has black screen and Unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One powering on but has black screen and Unresponsive: hey, I hope someone can help and my xbox hasnt had it. I have a Xbox One 500gb. I haven’t used it for a while and today I went to use it and it will onky power on but nothing else. I’ve had a...