Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles

Discus and support Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] [img] [img] l@Xbox When I heard Xbox was going to have a Special edition Xbox One X I was super excited and ordered one immediately thinking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TwIsTeDPhOeNyX, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles

Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles [​IMG]

Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles [​IMG]

l@Xbox
    When I heard Xbox was going to have a Special edition Xbox One X I was super excited and ordered one immediately thinking "it is getting awesome reviews as a super powerful gaming system." I should have known better, as a long time gamer and having owned numerous
    Xbox systems since the original came out in 2001 and just as many problems. Every time hoping "This time they have got to have fixed all the issues prior to release." Nope. Original Xbox Red ring of death. Original white Xbox 360 red ring of death. Original
    black Xbox 360 not red ring but instead one blinking red section of the ring that meant instant death. Xbox 360 200gb (or whatever came with the non 4gb arcade system) slim a few minor issues that seemed to be fixed by updates Then came the original Xbox One,
    "Yes! Finally a win." No issues to date. So good I bought a second one used and no issues with it either. In fact still used to date once the Scorpio died. Brings me back to my point so I bought a Project Scorpio pulled it out plugged it into my 1080p TV at
    the time worked great looked awesome, so good that I upgraded to a 4k TV. Looked even better and performed amazing. Then a few months went by and a liittle flicker of the display happened during a game. "That was odd?" I thought. Another couple weeks go by
    and the display switched to all pink/purple coloring. "That was strange?" I thought. So I turned the system off and back on and it seemed to resolve. Then came the big one, a few months back display HDMI port went dead and never came back and no matter of
    playing with cables fixed the issue. Since then the system has been taunting me as a 500 dollar brick sitting on my entertainment stand. Unused. Today I got the idea as I was bored staring at it to take it apart. What the heck, I've checked online the warrantee
    says it is expired the microsoft store wont help. So I take it apart and I find the awesome little Soldier riding a Scorpion. Awesome little thing to put in the design and I chuckle. Then I flip the motherboard over horrified as I see massive amounts of corrosion
    on the motherboard all around the frame. Let me clarify this system has never been displayed in locations other than my entertainment stands which never could have allowed for this much moisture to accumulate. It was never a portable unit and when I moved
    from one house to another it was wrapped and placed in a box so it would not get dirty, wet, or damaged. How did this happen Xbox? I am ashamed that once again I bought a release day unit maybe this time I will learn my lesson.

:)

TwIsTeDPhOeNyX, Apr 29, 2019
  2. TwIsTeDPhOeNyX Win User

Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles

With the number of Scorpio units with HDMI problems (look it up it's a thing) I would put money on it that more of those machines had the same corrosion on the back ends of the terminals that are NEVER suppose to see moisture. I inspect electrical boards
    and populated boards as part of my actual job and if I had ever saw a moisture damaged board in the field, bet your [Mod Removed- Inappropriate] I would have a problem with it. My issue is this, I get that hardware issues happen, but I have
    repeatedly bought products from Microsoft on release days of new equipment, and in turn spent LOTS of my hard earned money. But to have such a high percentage of failure right after the first year warrantee is over is what is super disappointing and very unnerving
    about future purchases. At first Microsoft stood behind their products offering a extended warrantee to release date purchases with red ring issues (original xbox). However this is not the same for systems now, and I am not going to spend more money to send
    the system I wanted (special edition project scorpio) back for service to throw it in a pile with 300 other units to be scrapped and then I get a refurbished black Xbox One X as a replacement. The black Xbox One X is not what I had ordered or what I wanted.
  3. yobrizo Win User

great console. i whish one for me
  4. TwIsTeDPhOeNyX Win User

You missed the point of my rant completely. I am frustrated as a consumer about a company that would not support their products after one year. Especially when multiple products produced have the same issues that render the machine useless normally shortly
    after the one year mark (red ring of death, in this case hdmi issues).
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

I can feel where you are coming from...I've always revered special edition things as like gimmicks targeted at a niche audience of hardcore people who are willing to shell out the money for it. I've never once in my life bought a special edition console,
    but I have bought my fair share of disappointing special editions of games.
  6. Daniel_0815 Win User

I get what you are saying and hardware failures can happen in all hardware, not just Xbox (Imagine, what those exploding phone owners thought).

It is important though to always immediately contact the support, when things like these happen, as they can easily replace or repair the console. When you take it apart, it loses any value and you lose your right for it to be repaired.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles - Similar Threads - Project Scorpio Probably

2. Xbox one x project scorpio shutting off due to over heating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x project scorpio shutting off due to over heating: Hello all; As the title states my xbox one x ps edition starting acting up recently. It all started when the fan was getting noticeably louder as the months wore on. Then one day 2 and half...
  3. Xbox One X Project Scorpio NOISY FAN, even after repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Project Scorpio NOISY FAN, even after repair: Hi All I have had my Xbox One X repaired last September 2018, Project Scorpio, and the passed few months again it is sounding like a Jet Engine taxi to the runway. Has anyone had this issues...
  4. Major Xbox One X (Project Scorpio Day One) issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major Xbox One X (Project Scorpio Day One) issues: I had a few issues with Bluray player coming up with "taking too long to load". It seemed to get worse and then a few apps did the same and eventually the Xbox wouldn't start. So I did a complete...
  5. 4K UHD Bluray Freezes, Skips on Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K UHD Bluray Freezes, Skips on Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X: My Project Scorpio edition Xbox One X has a major issue with 4K bluray playback. Roughly in the middle of all movies, the playback will stutter and freeze so not watchable. This issue does not...
  6. XBOX One X Project Scorpio breaks for the third time in a year!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One X Project Scorpio breaks for the third time in a year!: Hello! I want to share my sad story with the community. XBOX One X Project Scorpio bought in the first days of sales in November 2017, before using the XBOX One S, which has never had any...
  7. Project Scorpio Contoller not working wirelessly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Project Scorpio Contoller not working wirelessly: Ok so I have had an Xbox One X since release, was also the Project Scorpio version and I am having issues with the contoller that came with it. Until recently I had never used it before because I...
  8. network cuts out on xbox one x project scorpio edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    network cuts out on xbox one x project scorpio edition: im not sure if this is common or not, but lately my xbox has been losing its connection at random times and is getting progressively worse it started doing this in october and would only cut out...
  9. xbox one x project scorpio edition. overheating issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x project scorpio edition. overheating issues: hi the console sometimes sounds like its trying to take off then 3 days ago it started shutting down then rebooting with a overheating message. the console is on its own with ventilation around...
  10. Wallpaper "Xbox - Project Scorpio" pour version Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wallpaper "Xbox - Project Scorpio" pour version Xbox One: Bonjour, Le fond d'écran "Xbox - Project Scorpio" que je souhaite télécharger sur le site officiel : Fonds d'écran et arrière-plans Xbox | Xbox France en version Xbox One est le même format que...