Xbox one x project scorpio shutting off due to over heating

Discus and support Xbox one x project scorpio shutting off due to over heating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all; As the title states my xbox one x ps edition starting acting up recently. It all started when the fan was getting noticeably louder as the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by X187 tezzy, May 6, 2019.

1. X187 tezzy
    X187 tezzy Guest

Hello all;

As the title states my xbox one x ps edition starting acting up recently. It all started when the fan was getting noticeably louder as the months wore on. Then one day 2 and half months out of warranty the dreaded happened, I had just downloaded crackdown
    3 from the game library to give it a try. Everything was going well it downloaded and started up, I watched the initial cutscenes until the gameplay was about to start. Just as I loaded into the actual gameplay within 5 seconds the xbox hard shut off, I was
    very confused as this had never happened before. I got up and turned the xbox back on, when it loaded I was given a warning about over heating and it shut off to protect itself. It was very odd as the xbox has all the room in the world to cool it self so I
    tried to play again and the same thing happened. I tried 3 more times before contacting xbox. After an hour and a half on the phone I was told they could do nothing and I would have to pay 308$ to have it sent in and fixed. I told them that is ridiculous it's
    a 600$ console that is a year and 2 1/2 months old. The man was very understanding and i asked to speak to a higher manager he said they were in a meeting and I would have to wait. I told him that fine I will wait, after 45 mins on hold the line hung up. Extremely
    aggravated I started searching the internet and found many people have this issue and it seems to be a flaw in the first gen xb1x. I will include the tear down pictures and the pictures of the factory thermal paste that was rock hard. Has anyone else had this
    issue on here? Do you think xbox should investigate this issue and resolve it? Let me know what you think.

[Mod Removed]

:)

X187 tezzy, May 6, 2019
  2. bowski477 Win User

22) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the Terms Of Use. Including any threads or posts regarding modifying the way your Xbox operates such 'modding' and/or 'chipping'
    your Xbox or otherwise altering the way it is intended to operate. This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...idelines/d5108514-749c-490e-8e46-080259b8f0a5
  3. Gimpy_P Win User

Just as a heads up to anyone reading this, if you notice your fan is getting louder, spinning up more, working harder than it was before, that can, and usually is an early indicator that something is wrong.

Might be a heat/ventilation issue or it could be a voltage spike issue. Either way, never ignore it.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

I haven't heard of too many reports of Scorpio editions overheating And I have not seen tear-downs as you have provided to really compare against. In terms of how it goes, I would take a look at

Microsoft Device Support Page
    and see what options it has listed for you there for repair.
  5. VulpixQueen45 Win User

Taking apart the machine voids the warranty so unfortunatly now they wont work on it, your best bet now would be to take it to a electronic repair place near you or to check out the microsoft device support page
  6. {Parity} Win User

Unfortunately, since you have torn the machine down Microsoft will no longer repair the console.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x project scorpio shutting off due to over heating - Similar Threads - project scorpio shutting

2. Xbox One X Project Scorpio NOISY FAN, even after repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Project Scorpio NOISY FAN, even after repair: Hi All I have had my Xbox One X repaired last September 2018, Project Scorpio, and the passed few months again it is sounding like a Jet Engine taxi to the runway. Has anyone had this issues...
  3. Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles: [img] [img] [img] l@Xbox When I heard Xbox was going to have a Special edition Xbox One X I was super excited and ordered one immediately thinking "it is getting awesome reviews as a super...
  4. Major Xbox One X (Project Scorpio Day One) issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major Xbox One X (Project Scorpio Day One) issues: I had a few issues with Bluray player coming up with "taking too long to load". It seemed to get worse and then a few apps did the same and eventually the Xbox wouldn't start. So I did a complete...
  5. 4K UHD Bluray Freezes, Skips on Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K UHD Bluray Freezes, Skips on Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X: My Project Scorpio edition Xbox One X has a major issue with 4K bluray playback. Roughly in the middle of all movies, the playback will stutter and freeze so not watchable. This issue does not...
  6. XBOX One X Project Scorpio breaks for the third time in a year!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One X Project Scorpio breaks for the third time in a year!: Hello! I want to share my sad story with the community. XBOX One X Project Scorpio bought in the first days of sales in November 2017, before using the XBOX One S, which has never had any...
  7. Project Scorpio Contoller not working wirelessly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Project Scorpio Contoller not working wirelessly: Ok so I have had an Xbox One X since release, was also the Project Scorpio version and I am having issues with the contoller that came with it. Until recently I had never used it before because I...
  8. network cuts out on xbox one x project scorpio edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    network cuts out on xbox one x project scorpio edition: im not sure if this is common or not, but lately my xbox has been losing its connection at random times and is getting progressively worse it started doing this in october and would only cut out...
  9. XBOX One X project Scorpio Edition. Console shuts down systematically at specific games' ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One X project Scorpio Edition. Console shuts down systematically at specific games' ...: Hi, This is a message to MS support. I have a problem with my XBOX One X, project Scorpio Edition. The console shuts down completely during specific games' checkpoints. For instance, it will...
  10. XBOX One X project Scorpio Edition. Console shuts down systematically at specific games' ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One X project Scorpio Edition. Console shuts down systematically at specific games' ...: Hi, This is a message to MS support. I have a problem with my XBOX One X, project Scorpio Edition. The console shuts down completely during specific games' checkpoints. For instance, it will...