Xbox one x project scorpio vertical stand

Discus and support Xbox one x project scorpio vertical stand in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My project scorpio is now useless since I decided to use the vertical stand effectively blocking the air vents. How many vertical stand users pick up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lateralus12686, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Xbox one x project scorpio vertical stand

My project scorpio is now useless since I decided to use the vertical stand effectively blocking the air vents. How many vertical stand users pick up and disassemble their stand weekly to dust that area? This was a huge design flaw that is gonna cost me
    more money

:)

Lateralus12686, Sep 25, 2019
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

difference between Project Scorpio and regular xbox one X?

The only non-cosmetic difference is that the Scorpio comes with the vertical stand in the box, while the regular One X does not.
  3. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Sorry to see this happen with your console, that pic is awful. :( A friend of mine also complained about the amount of dust/debris the right side vent accumulated rather quickly while in the vertical stand. He was always removing the stand on a regular
    basis to vacuum the vent. Eventually the clips broke and he was unable to use the stand anylonger.

Hopefully any damage isn't permanent and you're able to have it repaired.

I personally don't use the stand which came with my consoles, for a few reasons:

1. Stability: It just doesn't seem stable enough. Very lightweight plastic and narrow design just doesn't give me confidence in the vertical position, especially with the weight of the One X.
    2. Ventilation: Although technically the vent isn't blocked, there is however only about 3/4" space between the air intake vent and the stand. This hardly seems enough space to allow proper ventilation(air intake), considering how hot the
      One X is known to get.
    3. Disk drive: The vast majority of my game collection is physical discs, not to mention Blu-Ray movies. I've read/heard/seen far too many reports of disc drive problems and also damage to discs, from being used in vertical position.

Now I know there are many who state they experience none of these issues using the vertical stand. Maybe I am just being over cautious / paranoid? It's possible. Afterall, this is an official product being made/sold/distributed by Microsoft for use with
    the Xbox One S and/or X.

Either way, I don't feel confident or secure using the vertical stand with my console.
  4. SinistralSpark8 Win User

I don't think this should happened, the stand don't block the vents.
  5. TomaToMcNuggets Win User

I don’t use the vertical stand but my xbox builds up a lot of dust and needs to be cleaned regularly
  6. mk4Y Win User

I used the vertical stand at beginning but also had problems with the air flow and overheating. I also think that more dust were on the grills. So I had to clean it more often with an air compressor. 🙃 I was also uncomfortable with discs in that position.

Since I changed to horizontally stand there were never problems again.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x project scorpio vertical stand - Similar Threads - project scorpio vertical

2. Xbox one X (project scorpio) turns on then instantly turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X (project scorpio) turns on then instantly turns off: My project scorpio edition Xbox one X is unable to boot up. During a routine restart (Netflix wouldn't open so the xbox recommended a restart), the console failed to turn back on. Puzzled, I...
  3. Xbox one x project scorpio shutting off due to over heating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x project scorpio shutting off due to over heating: Hello all; As the title states my xbox one x ps edition starting acting up recently. It all started when the fan was getting noticeably louder as the months wore on. Then one day 2 and half...
  4. Xbox One X Project Scorpio NOISY FAN, even after repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Project Scorpio NOISY FAN, even after repair: Hi All I have had my Xbox One X repaired last September 2018, Project Scorpio, and the passed few months again it is sounding like a Jet Engine taxi to the runway. Has anyone had this issues...
  5. Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles: [img] [img] [img] l@Xbox When I heard Xbox was going to have a Special edition Xbox One X I was super excited and ordered one immediately thinking "it is getting awesome reviews as a super...
  6. Major Xbox One X (Project Scorpio Day One) issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major Xbox One X (Project Scorpio Day One) issues: I had a few issues with Bluray player coming up with "taking too long to load". It seemed to get worse and then a few apps did the same and eventually the Xbox wouldn't start. So I did a complete...
  7. 4K UHD Bluray Freezes, Skips on Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K UHD Bluray Freezes, Skips on Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X: My Project Scorpio edition Xbox One X has a major issue with 4K bluray playback. Roughly in the middle of all movies, the playback will stutter and freeze so not watchable. This issue does not...
  8. XBOX One X Project Scorpio breaks for the third time in a year!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One X Project Scorpio breaks for the third time in a year!: Hello! I want to share my sad story with the community. XBOX One X Project Scorpio bought in the first days of sales in November 2017, before using the XBOX One S, which has never had any...
  9. Project Scorpio Contoller not working wirelessly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Project Scorpio Contoller not working wirelessly: Ok so I have had an Xbox One X since release, was also the Project Scorpio version and I am having issues with the contoller that came with it. Until recently I had never used it before because I...
  10. network cuts out on xbox one x project scorpio edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    network cuts out on xbox one x project scorpio edition: im not sure if this is common or not, but lately my xbox has been losing its connection at random times and is getting progressively worse it started doing this in october and would only cut out...