Xbox one x project scorpio vertical stand

Discus and support Xbox one x project scorpio vertical stand in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My project scorpio is now useless since I decided to use the vertical stand effectively blocking the air vents. How many vertical stand users pick up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lateralus12686, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Xbox one x project scorpio vertical stand

My project scorpio is now useless since I decided to use the vertical stand effectively blocking the air vents. How many vertical stand users pick up and disassemble their stand weekly to dust that area? This was a huge design flaw that is gonna cost me
    more money

:)

Lateralus12686, Sep 25, 2019
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

difference between Project Scorpio and regular xbox one X?

The only non-cosmetic difference is that the Scorpio comes with the vertical stand in the box, while the regular One X does not.
  3. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Sorry to see this happen with your console, that pic is awful. :( A friend of mine also complained about the amount of dust/debris the right side vent accumulated rather quickly while in the vertical stand. He was always removing the stand on a regular
    basis to vacuum the vent. Eventually the clips broke and he was unable to use the stand anylonger.

Hopefully any damage isn't permanent and you're able to have it repaired.

I personally don't use the stand which came with my consoles, for a few reasons:

1. Stability: It just doesn't seem stable enough. Very lightweight plastic and narrow design just doesn't give me confidence in the vertical position, especially with the weight of the One X.
    2. Ventilation: Although technically the vent isn't blocked, there is however only about 3/4" space between the air intake vent and the stand. This hardly seems enough space to allow proper ventilation(air intake), considering how hot the
      One X is known to get.
    3. Disk drive: The vast majority of my game collection is physical discs, not to mention Blu-Ray movies. I've read/heard/seen far too many reports of disc drive problems and also damage to discs, from being used in vertical position.

Now I know there are many who state they experience none of these issues using the vertical stand. Maybe I am just being over cautious / paranoid? It's possible. Afterall, this is an official product being made/sold/distributed by Microsoft for use with
    the Xbox One S and/or X.

Either way, I don't feel confident or secure using the vertical stand with my console.
  4. SinistralSpark8 Win User

I don't think this should happened, the stand don't block the vents.
  5. TomaToMcNuggets Win User

I don’t use the vertical stand but my xbox builds up a lot of dust and needs to be cleaned regularly
  6. mk4Y Win User

I used the vertical stand at beginning but also had problems with the air flow and overheating. I also think that more dust were on the grills. So I had to clean it more often with an air compressor. 🙃 I was also uncomfortable with discs in that position.

Since I changed to horizontally stand there were never problems again.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x project scorpio vertical stand - Similar Threads - project scorpio vertical

2. Project Scorpio stuck on update loop

in XboX Insiders
    Project Scorpio stuck on update loop: [IMG] Hi there, I recently purchased a used Scorpio edition on Kijiji. It was working when I tested it at this persons house, they did a clean system reset to get rid of their information and...
  3. XBox One X (project scorpio) turns on then turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X (project scorpio) turns on then turns off: I am reviving the topic of a number of locked threads because I think it is relevant and previous threads did not satisfactorily identify the cause of the issue. I have a XBox One X (project...
  4. Xbox One X (Project Scorpio) pulsating fans

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X (Project Scorpio) pulsating fans: So for the past week I noticed an imperfection with my system. The unit's fan is pulsating or revving up and down like that of a car engine. It's the equivalent of someone repeatedly tapping the...
  5. Project scorpio overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Project scorpio overheating: So this is my second scorpio since launch first broke down hardware issues. Now this one has started to shut down overheating 2 or more times a day its out in the open its well ventilated my house...
  6. Project Scorpio failing update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Project Scorpio failing update: Hi guys, my Xbox One X Project Scorpio will no longer successfully update, it happened months ago and I have not been able to use it since. Once it gets to step 3 of the update procedure it will...
  7. Project Scorpio Ed One X Optical drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Project Scorpio Ed One X Optical drive: I am a long time Xbox supporter, soon celebrating 15 years on Live. Initial adopter of OG Xbox, 360, the Xbox One and I am invested enough to have been up and able to order your flag ship Scorpio...
  8. Xbox One X (Project Scorpio Edition) Fails To Power On

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X (Project Scorpio Edition) Fails To Power On: Tonight, when I tried to "Power" On my Xbox One X (Project Scorpio Edition), it wouldn't turn on. I noticed both external hard drives, connected to the USB ports on the back of the Xbox One X...
  9. Gostaria de compar o Controle Xbox One X Versao Project Scorpio original onde posso adquerir ?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Gostaria de compar o Controle Xbox One X Versao Project Scorpio original onde posso adquerir ?: [Title Translation-Would you like to compare the original Xbox One X Versao Project Scorpio Control where I can adquerir ?] Boa tarde. Gostaria de comprar o Controle do Xbox One X Versão Project...
  10. Project Scorpio Edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    Project Scorpio Edition: I need help, I am booting to black screen, No logos of anykind, just "no signal" at all times, I cant use the Eject and Bind trick as the second beep never happens, I cant boot to USB either as...