Xbox One X Randomly powering off

Discus and support Xbox One X Randomly powering off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded from my Xbox One X project Scorpio edition to the gears of war 5 special edition Xbox one X. About a couple weeks ago I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AHiddenDRUMMR, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Xbox One X Randomly powering off

I have recently upgraded from my Xbox One X project Scorpio edition to the gears of war 5 special edition Xbox one X. About a couple weeks ago I noticed my Xbox turned off in mid game while playing Minecraft. I didn’t think anything of it. Then it started
    happening frequently. To the point I returned the gears of war Xbox and just got a standard Xbox one x. I am still having issues with my Xbox one X powering off on me. It seems to happen more when I play Minecraft. My console is well ventilated , all up
    to date, and not warm or overheating. 5 feet away my gf has her Xbox one S and has had 0 issues and we play the same games. Why are BOTH of my BRAND NEW Xbox one X’s doing this to me?? My project Scorpio edition NEVER caused me problems like this. It’s
    soo frustrating. It’s starting to power off on me at least 4 times a day now I’m the past week. The only thing I have changed with my gaming is the console. Set in the same place with the same wired connection with everything always up to date. HELP ME
    PLEASE.

:)

AHiddenDRUMMR, Oct 19, 2019
  2. AHiddenDRUMMR Win User

The xbox is on energy saving mode already. Ive tried everything. I think its something to do with the xbox one X. Something with a system update or a bad batch of new xbox one x consoles.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

The main reason an Xbox console just shuts off with no warning is for what it thinks is a heat problem. If it is turned on again fairly quickly it will usually post a message stating that. You do not agree that this is a heat issue. If this unit is
    within the return period I would return it immediately where you purchased it for another if not and it si within warranty then send it in before something goes wrong and it is unrecoverable or the warranty expires.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

The xbox is on energy saving mode already. Ive tried everything. I think its something to do with the xbox one X. Something with a system update or a bad batch of new xbox one x consoles.
    Well, follow DrifterX22 advice and return both of them while they're still under warranty. I have a XB1X and don't experience this issue.
  5. AHiddenDRUMMR Win User

Im not scheduling a repair on my xbox when i returned it and got a brand new one less than a week ago. Two different Xbox One X systems are doing the same thing. My xbox is in the open on a stand. I swapped my xbox with my gfs xbox in a different location
    and its just my xbox that acts up. 2 brand new systems. Only the new xbox one X’s are doing this.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

The xbox doesnt even get warm. Its not overheating. Its in the exact same place as i had my last xbox for 2 years. As i stated in my description thats not the issue.
    How often do you turn the console off or do you use the Instant on setting under Power mode and startup?

Try Setting Power mode to Energy save, then sign out, turn the console off with a Full shutdown, and reset the console power supply by removing the power cord from the back of the console for a minute or so.

Let us know how you go.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Randomly powering off - Similar Threads - Randomly powering off

2. Xbox one streaming with mixer power randomly going off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one streaming with mixer power randomly going off.: I have been streaming for a few months without problems and earlier this week bought a new xbox one S. Today when streaming on mixer the machine just randomly turns itself off which so far...
  3. Xbox One and power brick has started to turn off randomly (no flashing light on brick)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One and power brick has started to turn off randomly (no flashing light on brick): This issue started about a week or so ago. My console is 2-3 years old and well kept after. No issues until now. Problem: After playing a game for around 5-10 minutes it just shuts down....
  4. Xbox will randomly shut off and lose all power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will randomly shut off and lose all power: So Ive had my XBox One for about a year now and a couple months back it just shut off. The light on the power supply brick was off and there was no warnings before and still nothing when I turned...
  5. Xbox power brick randomly shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power brick randomly shuts off: I have the original Xbox one. My xbox does this weird thing where the power brick will randomly lose power after a couple hours of playing. When this happens, the light goes off on the power brick...
  6. Xbox power brick randomly shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power brick randomly shuts off: I have the original Xbox one. My xbox does this weird thing where the power brick will randomly lose power after a couple hours of playing. When this happens, the light goes off on the power brick...
  7. Xbox one s turns off randomly ... Not hot and power supply good.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s turns off randomly ... Not hot and power supply good.: Our 2 month old Xbox One S turns on and allows access to games or streaming video but turns off randomly at various times (usually within 4-5 minutes). The power source is fine. The box cannot...
  8. Xone makes power on and off beep then shuts off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xone makes power on and off beep then shuts off randomly: well my Xbox one was working fine until I turned it on this morning and was playing a game then it made the power on/off beep then shuts the console off. It happens randomly but very frequently...
  9. My Xbox one wireless controller randomly shut off and since then won't even power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one wireless controller randomly shut off and since then won't even power on.: I hadn't been on the Xbox for a few hours and powerd on my controller withought any problem I then proceeded to play a game (dragon age:inquisition) and got the game loaded and was ready to play...
  10. new xbox one s shuts off random during start up. tried the restart power and it did not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    new xbox one s shuts off random during start up. tried the restart power and it did not work.: i have had the new xbox one s console for 1 day and now it wont start. keeps shutting off during start. tried the power reset and it didnt work. any other things to fix it?...