Xbox One X randomly stops recording gameplay in 4K HD & 4K SD

Discus and support Xbox One X randomly stops recording gameplay in 4K HD & 4K SD in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As the previous thread was locked, starting this new one. I was just wondering if other people that use this feature (record up to an hour with an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NavEEnT81, May 23, 2020.

1. NavEEnT81
    NavEEnT81 Guest

As the previous thread was locked, starting this new one.

I was just wondering if other people that use this feature (record up to an hour with an external hard drive [4k recording] ) are having a problem with the recording stopped with less than 3 minutes or just random stops.

Recording of game stops anywhere from a couple of seconds to minutes 9 minutes of starting.

I have a 3TB, 3.0 usb external hard drive formatted correctly and even tried with an external SSD drive as well same thing. I have Xbox One X.

I am able to record games for an hour in 1080p with NO problems, just the 4K recording has stopped working.

Not sure if any update broke it or was it deliberately stopped my Microsoft due the upcoming new Xbox One console release ?

:)

NavEEnT81, May 23, 2020
  2. Robert Cas Win User

Same thing is happening since the dashboard update, Please fix it!! dashboard updates is to bring new stuff, not to break things that are working and we use on a daily basis
  3. TosinV Win User

They just broke the recording with latest update. This looks the Welcome of the new console and end of so called powerfull console. Please fix this.
  4. Icey76 Win User

I have a new issue where I try to record the typical 30 second clips in 4K, but it plays like only half a second of the clip and just ends...Xbox Support's suggestions have been of no help either.
  5. MorseyBaby Win User

Xbox One X stops recording 4K gameplay randomly

There does appear to be an issue with this in a recent update. I think the issue has been confused and complicated by people also having caching issues which can be easily fixed with a hard reset which has made narrowing it down very difficult. There is
    work ongoing for future updates to fix it
  6. 800caa7f-a37d-45ef-8 Win User

Xbox One X randomly stops recording 4k gameplay

That could be true but the xbox one x is supposed to record in 4k for up to an hour. About a month ago it was working fine but now it doesn't. Thanks for the reply.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X randomly stops recording gameplay in 4K HD & 4K SD - Similar Threads - randomly stops recording

2. Xbox One X 4k capture automatically stop by itself randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X 4k capture automatically stop by itself randomly: 4K capture not working and corrupt, after capturing only a 2 sec of a corrupt file is available, 1080p is ok, plz help.. when capturing 4k the xbox automatically cuts off the clip by ifself like...
  3. after recent alpha-skip ahead update my (A) button randomly stops working. i tried all...

in XboX Insiders
    after recent alpha-skip ahead update my (A) button randomly stops working. i tried all...: submitted by /u/-auGie [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox One X 4k recordings randomly stop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X 4k recordings randomly stop: I have talked to the support and they say that the 4k recordings on Xbox one x are currently broken. If anyone knows when this issue will be fixed please reply and if you are having the same issue...
  5. My Keyboard and Mouse Randomly Stops working Temporarily

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Keyboard and Mouse Randomly Stops working Temporarily: When im plaing on my keybaord and mouse, they sometimes temporarily stop working. Ive tried every type of console reset, ive removed my account, ive deleted the game and many other things. The...
  6. Xbox One X stops recording 4K gameplay randomly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X stops recording 4K gameplay randomly: I was just wondering if other people that use this feature (record up to an hour with an external hard drive [4k recording]) are having a problem with the recording stopped with less than 3...
  7. Xbox One X randomly stops recording 4k gameplay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X randomly stops recording 4k gameplay: I want to capture 4k gameplay on my Xbox One X. I have a USB 3.0 drive that is 128gb and is formatted correctly. All other resolutions record perfectly for up to an hour, but when I try to record...
  8. Audio in all apps will randomly stop playing.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio in all apps will randomly stop playing.: Since my console updated on the 9th I've been having this problem where audio will randomly stop playing in all apps except for when I'm moving through the home screen. I'm in Alpha Skip Ahead....
  9. Game Bar screen recording randomly stopped and didn't save file

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar screen recording randomly stopped and didn't save file: I was screen recording a game with Game Bar on my laptop and it was working fine for 2 hours. Not even a minute before I was going to stop the recording it randomly stop and an error came up. It...
  10. Xbox One X randomly stops recording gameplay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X randomly stops recording gameplay: I was just wondering if other people that use this feature (record up to an hour with an external hard drive [4k recording]) are having a problem with the recording stopped with less than 3...