Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download

Discus and support Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I insert a backwards compatible 360 - disc game (Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row) in my Xbox One X no download or anything else is triggered. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MatXX75, Jun 2, 2020.

1. MatXX75
    MatXX75 Guest

When I insert a backwards compatible 360 - disc game (Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row) in my Xbox One X no download or anything else is triggered. The disc drive did not even spin up from what I can hear. There are no issues with the drive reading xbox one
    discs.

I've already tried / checked the following points:

- Checked that there is enough storage space on internal and external harddisk

- Checked that I'm logged in with the correct xbox account

- Downloaded my xbox 360 profile again

- Reseted the console

- Perfomed a "power cycle"

- Cleared all local save games (xbox onoe and 360)

Any more ideas?

Thx for your help in advance.

:)

MatXX75, Jun 2, 2020
  2. MatXX75 Win User

Wow, this seems to be the issue! Thank you.

When I insert a DVD movie the drive did not even spin up and nothing else happens (tested with three different DVDs). When inserting a Blu-ray movie it starts playing immediately.

So I guess I have to contact Microsoft for a repair. I bought the console in 2018/11 and should still have warranty. Can anyone give me link or hint were I can contact Microsoft regarding a warranty repair? Or do I have to contact the retail store were I
    bought the console?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Sounds like the laser in your console's Blu-ray drive has a hardware issue.

To test if your Xbox One X has issues reading discs, try playing a DVD movie disc. If can't read DVD movie discs either then your console has a hardware fault.

Note: It must be a DVD movie disc, not a Blu-ray movie disc.

There are two lasers in the Blu-ray drive, one for reading Blu-ray discs and one for DVD discs. Xbox One games use Blu-ray and the 360 console used a DVD drive.
  4. MatXX75 Win User

I did a console reset via the System > System settings > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep Games & Apps. Is there another way to reset?
    Yes, the other way is the same method you used but choosing to remove everything. It could be that some corrupted data is causing the problem so in keeping all the games and apps you may have kept the original cause.

Obviously it's a lot of set up and downloading to get it back to original state so consider it a last resort. If you have an external hard drive you could potentially move some games to that to save the downloading again.

I just checked the 360 discs at a friends xbox one x and both were directly recognized after inserting, the game/disc icon was shown on the dashboard, the download popup opens and the download starts immediately.

I will do now the complete reset without keeping games & apps and report back...

Thanks so far.
  5. Reiko_LJ Win User

I did a console reset via the System > System settings > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep Games & Apps. Is there another way to reset?
    Yes, the other way is the same method you used but choosing to remove everything. It could be that some corrupted data is causing the problem so in keeping all the games and apps you may have kept the original cause.

Obviously it's a lot of set up and downloading to get it back to original state so consider it a last resort. If you have an external hard drive you could potentially move some games to that to save the downloading again.
  6. Reiko_LJ Win User

Do you have access to another Xbox One console to test on that?

When you say you 'reseted the console', do you mean a full factory reset or just a hard reset?

Have you had any other issues with the console when connecting to and downloading from the store?
Thema:

1. Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download - Similar Threads - recognizes backwards compatible

2. Microsoft Game Pass for PC: Splitscreen Coop Issue with Gamepads (doesn't recognize 2nd player)

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Game Pass for PC: Splitscreen Coop Issue with Gamepads (doesn't recognize 2nd player): Hello, a few months ago i frquently played local splitscreen games with Xbox Game Pads and the Receiver on PC. Since a while ago however, the second Controller is not recognized anymore...
  3. After the most recent update to the alpha ring my Xbox no longer recognizes my external...

in XboX Insiders
    After the most recent update to the alpha ring my Xbox no longer recognizes my external...: I have tried hard resetting the console, disconnecting and reconnecting the hard drive, etc... submitted by /u/magicalninja93 [link] [comments]
  4. Afterglow headset USB not recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    Afterglow headset USB not recognized: So i have a couple afterglow headsets. Everything worked just fine up until saturday, june 27. Ive done all the troubleshooting steps i can find. Headset is charged. Volume is up. Not muted. The...
  5. external harddrive stopped being recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    external harddrive stopped being recognized: Hello I had an update this morning for my xbox one . Ever since the update my external hdd which was working fine yesterday is not being recognized. I use it for games. I tried every...
  6. Ori and the Blind Forest - Windows 10 - Xbox 360 Controller no longer recognized

in XBoX on Windows
    Ori and the Blind Forest - Windows 10 - Xbox 360 Controller no longer recognized: I played for a few days using my Xbox 360 controller. Now all of a sudden, even though the controller works for other games, Ori and the Blind Forest refuses to recognize it. I can't press a...
  7. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not recognized by Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not recognized by Windows: When I plug in the adapter, I get a "USB device not recognized" error (Figure 1), and it does not light up or work. Earlier this week I experienced the issue and managed to solve it by changing...
  8. Xbox One S nao reconhece minha tv[Xbox One S doesn't recognize my TV]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S nao reconhece minha tv[Xbox One S doesn't recognize my TV]: Olá me chamo Geovanni estou com um problema com meu xbox one s estou tentando conectar o xbox one s em um monitor LG 24mt48df-ps só que fica aparecendo que não esta conectado ja fiz o teste em...
  9. Live Gold não é reconhecida no console[Translation-Live Gold is not recognized on the console]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live Gold não é reconhecida no console[Translation-Live Gold is not recognized on the console]: Meu pai comprou a assinatura pré-paga do Live Gold por 3 meses, só vai expirar em Setembro/20 mas quando entro no console dá mensagem de que a assinatura está desatualizada. Ao entrar no meu...
  10. Will racing wheels be recognized from games in backwards compaitbility mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will racing wheels be recognized from games in backwards compaitbility mode?: In November there will be bakcwards compatibility fro xbox 360 games. I ve got a wheel for xbox one (thrustmaster). I hope, that forza horizon 1 and forza 4 will be available on xbox one. If so,...