Xbox One X Record up to 1 hour stops recording

Discus and support Xbox One X Record up to 1 hour stops recording in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was just curious if other people that use this feature (record up to an hour with an external hard drive) are getting the recording stopped with less... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IsonBuster, Sep 9, 2019.

1. IsonBuster
    IsonBuster Guest

I was just curious if other people that use this feature (record up to an hour with an external hard drive) are getting the recording stopped with less than 5 mins of starting. It is doing this to me on Gears of War 5, and before it did it on Resident
    Evil 2. Is there a problem with the feature or is that just how it was programmed?

:)

IsonBuster, Sep 9, 2019
  2. IsonBuster Win User

I just tried these and it still is inconsistent. So far today, the longest recording without stopping was 16 mins, then it varies between 24 seconds to 6 and a half mins. I'm beginning to wonder if it is a glitch or bug.
  3. Fos Win User

4. IsonBuster Win User

yes I have 700GB or 1T open space
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Do you have enough storage on the drive you are recording too?
  6. sirbenski Win User

Xbox One X recording stops

Hi, ever since I bought my Xbox One X, I could only use the “record that” feature to record for up to 2 minutes in 1080p and 30 seconds for 4k.

I was able to record for up to an hour in 4k if I used a compatible external drive.

The issue I’m having is that after the last update, 4K recording stops after 1-2 seconds. 1080p works fine.

I have done all troubleshooting steps that the others provided in this thread and I am grateful for the help but the issue still persists.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Record up to 1 hour stops recording - Similar Threads - Record hour stops

2. Legality of Xbox recording

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Legality of Xbox recording: A friend was recently recorded in a xbox live party without his knowledge or consent, is this legal? a3185443-ff2b-45d5-93ef-f5322f62936c
  3. Possible game dvr issue when using record what happened

in XboX Insiders
    Possible game dvr issue when using record what happened: When recording with what happened for 30s up to 5 min. the clip doesn't record any in game audio happened twice, is there any fix for it? In on alpha skip ahead submitted by /u/CodeCipher97...
  4. Problema con la grabacion de clips de juegos [Problem with recording game clips]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problema con la grabacion de clips de juegos [Problem with recording game clips]: Buenas tardes. Desde hace un tiempo vengo presentando inconvenientes al grabar clips en el juego, no se graban, o se graban de pocos segundos, a pesar de que aparece el mensaje de "clip de juego...
  5. Clips don't always record on xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clips don't always record on xbox one s: An issue ive had since i bought my xbox one s and that im sure many people have is that clips dont always work on xbox one s which is a massive pain because i have to restart my xbox every time it...
  6. Can't record for an hour on xbox one x?

in XboX Insiders
    Can't record for an hour on xbox one x?: I have an external hard drive that's specifically for recording gameplay. When i start recording it shows whatever seconds of 1:00 indicating its setup correctly to record up to an hour but then...
  7. 4K Gameplay Capture Length: Is Recording Up To 1 Hour of 4K Gameplay to External SSD No...

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K Gameplay Capture Length: Is Recording Up To 1 Hour of 4K Gameplay to External SSD No...: I have Xbox One X. I used to be able to capture up to 1 hour of 4K gameplay footage to my external 1TB SSD. Now, it appears I can only capture a maximum of 30 seconds in 4K. Has this capability...
  8. The option to record 1-hour 4K has disappeared (Xbox One X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    The option to record 1-hour 4K has disappeared (Xbox One X): it has been working fine 4 way over a year, used it last on Tuesday (22/10) and it's working fine, but yesterday I wanted to record a 1 hour 4K clip from The Outer Worlds, and the option is gone...
  9. XBox live accounts are not recording end users purchases correctly in the last 24 hours

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox live accounts are not recording end users purchases correctly in the last 24 hours: XBox live accounts are not recording end users purchases correctly in the last 24 hours gamers are entering there purchases codes for games like world of tanks and they are not getting there...
  10. 24 hour communication ban permanent on my account record?

in XBoX on Consoles
    24 hour communication ban permanent on my account record?: after 11 years of being an Xbox live member i received a 24 hour communication ban. After looking into the page i came across the ambassador program and looked like something i would love to be...