Xbox One X - Resolution & Performance

Discus and support Xbox One X - Resolution & Performance in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; As far as I'm aware. Even Digital Foundry did an analysis of this. Xbox One X : Manually selecting 1080p within display settings has no performance... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/StreetKleaver, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Xbox One X - Resolution & Performance

As far as I'm aware. Even Digital Foundry did an analysis of this.

Xbox One X : Manually selecting 1080p within display settings has no performance improvement/frames per second if games are 4k native.

From my understanding, those games will load/render/perform at the same frames per second/LOD as if they were running at 4k regardless a lower resolution is selected. Because it's running at 4k in the background, scaled down to a lower resolution.

Where as PS4 Pro, granted it is not as powerful as the Xbox One X. It struggles with running 4k titles. But it lets you manually select resolution (1080p) at a base system level. Which games that struggle with 4k performace/consistent frames per section and greatly increased due to a forced selected lower resolution.

So I'm wondering if those features will be changed. 4k looks marvellous no doubt. But when it comes to First Person large scale shooters and Open World games I'm wondering if the option of 1080p or 1440p at a system level. IE forced. For solid performance without frame dips.

To have options like this would also open the developers for more options too? Lower resolution with higher detail load in tweaks?

Given 60fps is the target.

1080p - Higher Detail solid 60fps 1440p - Medium Detail 60fps target 4k - Optimal at all levels 60fps-ish (it seems)

Some games offer Performance/Resolution modes. Sniper Elite remastered has this. "Favor Resolution" 4k, higher detail at 30fps. Or "Performance" 4k, detail is slightly decreased and blurred for 60fps target.

If we had the option to force lower resolution at a system level for performance would be a great addition.

submitted by /u/StreetKleaver
    [link] [comments]

/u/StreetKleaver, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Internet Expert Win User

One X performance leaves much to be desired

If you purchased the Xbox One X from the Microsoft store, you can talk to Xbox Support about returning the console (choose phone or chat): https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

The performance of how a game runs on the Xbox One X will depend on how well the developers optimize the game on Xbox hardware. There are plenty of games that run in 4K, but those games are limited to what is currently
    found in the
    Xbox One X Enhanced
    list. Games that are not "enhanced" will still gain subtle performance benefits, such as maxed resolution (if dynamic resolution is used), stabler frame rates, and a few other boosts - but in 1080p at best.

In the case of Fallout 4,
    Bethesda
    made no claim that their game would run in 60FPS.
  3. No One IX Win User

Two questions 'Xbox One X Enhanced' game features on Xbox One S

That would be up-to the developer of the game in question. The Xbox One and, in general videogame consoles, don't allow as much granular control of the graphical and performance options of the videogames as a PC does.

For example, with the Xbox One X Enhanced games, some give you two options on how to use the extra power of the Xbox One X. One would be "performance mode" in which the game might display in 1080p but have better framerates, or focus on the graphics,
    meaning better resolution and textures, but the framerates aren't as stable.

Again, this depends on how the developers decided to include this options in their game.
  4. gds1972 Win User

Samsung C49HG90 QLED MONITOR RESOLUTION ASSISTANCE THROUGH Xbox One X

Hi

This is not one of the
    resolutions supported
    by Xbox One X to see if it might be possible to add the support you require to the Xbox One X can you please post this suggestion in the
    Xbox Ideas website and hopefully the resolution you are looking for will be added in a future update.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox 1X Dvd playback and upscaling?

Hi Tuffnutz37,

By 4K HUD disc are you referring to a game disc or movie disc?

So the Xbox One X is showing normal DVDs in 576p resolution? Whenever that happens what does it show under your resolution display settings?

If you haven't done so, I suggest performing a complete
    power cycle and hard reset
    to your Xbox and reconnect your HDMI cables as well.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down menu.

Hi,

The Samsung NU8000 is a 4K UHD TV, you won't see 1440P on this display as it's not a supported resolution for this TV.

Even if 1440P (or 2,560 x 1,440) was supported, you won't get better performance on the One X as all enhanced games run at 4K regardless of what resolution is enabled in the options menu. It would only be down-scaled.

Is this what you were looking for, or do you need more help?
Thema:

Xbox One X - Resolution & Performance

1. Xbox One X - Resolution & Performance - Similar Threads - Resolution Performance

2. 4K UHD Resolution

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4K UHD Resolution: My TV, Vizio V655-G9, says in the manual it supports 4K UHD @ 60hz. However, my Xbox One S says my TV does not support 4K @ 60hz. So I can select 4K resolution in settings. Everything is updated...
  3. Xbox one starts at a low resolution after factory reset and also starts at a DV13 format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one starts at a low resolution after factory reset and also starts at a DV13 format: This also happens after i reset the console to factory and once i have to set the Xbox back i get it at a low resolution and after the steps it starts the dashboard at something like a DV13 format...
  4. TV resolution issue with xBox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV resolution issue with xBox One S: Hi there! I have been gaming on an xBox 1 but I just upgraded to a 1S. Same tv but now the picture is super fuzzy. I tried the S on the other tvs in the house and same issue. I tried resetting...
  5. Xbox one s stuck in low resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s stuck in low resolution: I had an issue that sent my xbox into low res mode, i went to tv&display in general settings, then chose video fidelity& overscan, then changed overrides to hdmi and it allowed me to go back and...
  6. Stuck resolution on Forza Horizon 3

in XBoX on Windows
    Stuck resolution on Forza Horizon 3: I just got FH3, i have a dell xps15 9570, i9-8950hk, gtx1050ti (Max-q design), 32gb Ram, etc,etc It has a 3840x2160 screen. When I enter FH3 i get massive FPS drop because it is stuck on 4k...
  7. New Years Gaming Resolution.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Years Gaming Resolution.: I want to stream for Extra life and raise money for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. 3dd5ce56-301c-4aae-b66e-468d7dcf08c5
  8. Is anyone missing the 4K resolution option?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone missing the 4K resolution option?: I'm in omega ring and after Today's update My XBOX One X Says My TV Doesn't Support 4K resolution but definitely not. I sent a report. But I wonder if anyone has the same Problems. submitted by...
  9. Mgs5 resolution /performance.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mgs5 resolution /performance.: Will Mgs5 the phantom pain have better performance than ground zeros? There was an obvious performance gap running the game engine has there been any improvements for xbox one regarding resolution...
  10. Is MS aiding devs. to patch performance/ Resolution post June SDK for previously released ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is MS aiding devs. to patch performance/ Resolution post June SDK for previously released ...: I've been reading about how developers such as Blizzard and Bungie have been looking into the latest June SDK to get better performance and visuals for parity. Do you think MS Engineers will try...