Xbox One X - Resolution & Performance

Discus and support Xbox One X - Resolution & Performance in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; As far as I'm aware. Even Digital Foundry did an analysis of this. Xbox One X : Manually selecting 1080p within display settings has no performance... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/StreetKleaver, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Xbox One X - Resolution & Performance

As far as I'm aware. Even Digital Foundry did an analysis of this.

Xbox One X : Manually selecting 1080p within display settings has no performance improvement/frames per second if games are 4k native.

From my understanding, those games will load/render/perform at the same frames per second/LOD as if they were running at 4k regardless a lower resolution is selected. Because it's running at 4k in the background, scaled down to a lower resolution.

Where as PS4 Pro, granted it is not as powerful as the Xbox One X. It struggles with running 4k titles. But it lets you manually select resolution (1080p) at a base system level. Which games that struggle with 4k performace/consistent frames per section and greatly increased due to a forced selected lower resolution.

So I'm wondering if those features will be changed. 4k looks marvellous no doubt. But when it comes to First Person large scale shooters and Open World games I'm wondering if the option of 1080p or 1440p at a system level. IE forced. For solid performance without frame dips.

To have options like this would also open the developers for more options too? Lower resolution with higher detail load in tweaks?

Given 60fps is the target.

1080p - Higher Detail solid 60fps 1440p - Medium Detail 60fps target 4k - Optimal at all levels 60fps-ish (it seems)

Some games offer Performance/Resolution modes. Sniper Elite remastered has this. "Favor Resolution" 4k, higher detail at 30fps. Or "Performance" 4k, detail is slightly decreased and blurred for 60fps target.

If we had the option to force lower resolution at a system level for performance would be a great addition.

submitted by /u/StreetKleaver
    [link] [comments]

/u/StreetKleaver, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Internet Expert Win User

One X performance leaves much to be desired

If you purchased the Xbox One X from the Microsoft store, you can talk to Xbox Support about returning the console (choose phone or chat): https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

The performance of how a game runs on the Xbox One X will depend on how well the developers optimize the game on Xbox hardware. There are plenty of games that run in 4K, but those games are limited to what is currently
    found in the
    Xbox One X Enhanced
    list. Games that are not "enhanced" will still gain subtle performance benefits, such as maxed resolution (if dynamic resolution is used), stabler frame rates, and a few other boosts - but in 1080p at best.

In the case of Fallout 4,
    Bethesda
    made no claim that their game would run in 60FPS.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Samsung C49HG90 QLED MONITOR RESOLUTION ASSISTANCE THROUGH Xbox One X

Hi

This is not one of the
    resolutions supported
    by Xbox One X to see if it might be possible to add the support you require to the Xbox One X can you please post this suggestion in the
    Xbox Ideas website and hopefully the resolution you are looking for will be added in a future update.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox 1X Dvd playback and upscaling?

Hi Tuffnutz37,

By 4K HUD disc are you referring to a game disc or movie disc?

So the Xbox One X is showing normal DVDs in 576p resolution? Whenever that happens what does it show under your resolution display settings?

If you haven't done so, I suggest performing a complete
    power cycle and hard reset
    to your Xbox and reconnect your HDMI cables as well.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down menu.

Hi,

The Samsung NU8000 is a 4K UHD TV, you won't see 1440P on this display as it's not a supported resolution for this TV.

Even if 1440P (or 2,560 x 1,440) was supported, you won't get better performance on the One X as all enhanced games run at 4K regardless of what resolution is enabled in the options menu. It would only be down-scaled.

Is this what you were looking for, or do you need more help?
  6. Azrael008uk Win User

Mgs5 resolution /performance.

That's your problem solved before it's even begun then.
Thema:

Xbox One X - Resolution & Performance

1. Xbox One X - Resolution & Performance - Similar Threads - Resolution Performance

2. Résolution bloquée a 640x480p[Resolution blocked at 640x480p]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Résolution bloquée a 640x480p[Resolution blocked at 640x480p]: Bonjour tous et toutes J'ai aujourd'hui voulut jouer ma xbox one (jusque l rien d'anormal me direz-vous). Cependant, dès l'allumage, la résolution était carrément ignoble ... En me rendant...
  3. xbox one, resolution problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one, resolution problem.: When I change the resolution on my xbox from 720p to 1080p it goes orange/green but I can still see what on the screen, when its on 720p it is perfectly fine. the orage stuff is not meant to be...
  4. Xbox One S is stuck in 640x480 resolution mode. Date 9/21/19

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S is stuck in 640x480 resolution mode. Date 9/21/19: Does anyone know of any solutions on how to fix an (Xbox S) that's stuck in 640x480 resolution mode? I've tried a hard reset, soft reset, using different HDMI cables, multiple televisions,...
  5. I changed my resolution to the wrong one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my resolution to the wrong one: my resolution is supposed to be 640x480 (i think is the number) but it didnt fit the screen of my TV to i decided to fiddle with it and i changed it to a higher resolution and the screen is now...
  6. Please give us an estimated time for a resolution on the service core problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please give us an estimated time for a resolution on the service core problem: Can we have an estimated time on how long the service core issue will last? We pay money for a service that we are not receiving. 209d21cc-2ccc-46e1-a472-c1f124f78482
  7. Xbox One S does not detect my monitor's resolution.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not detect my monitor's resolution.: Hi, I have an Xbox One S and wanted to plug it into my 1360x768 VGA monitor, but it does not get that resolution, it only shows me 720p or 1080p, and both of them look blurry and really bad on the...
  8. Xbox One X not detecting correct resolution.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X not detecting correct resolution.: I am trying to hook up my Xbox One X to my BenQ EX3203R monitor. The monitor’s native resolution is 1440p. It also supports 120hz refresh rate and Freesync 2. I cannot set the resolution to 1440p...
  9. Mgs5 resolution /performance.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mgs5 resolution /performance.: Will Mgs5 the phantom pain have better performance than ground zeros? There was an obvious performance gap running the game engine has there been any improvements for xbox one regarding resolution...
  10. Is MS aiding devs. to patch performance/ Resolution post June SDK for previously released ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is MS aiding devs. to patch performance/ Resolution post June SDK for previously released ...: I've been reading about how developers such as Blizzard and Bungie have been looking into the latest June SDK to get better performance and visuals for parity. Do you think MS Engineers will try...