Xbox one X Scorpio edition keeps shutting down while playing Minecraft

Discus and support Xbox one X Scorpio edition keeps shutting down while playing Minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Currently having an issue were every time we load up and try to play Minecraft after a few moments the xbox shuts down on its own. We have loaded... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tyrant2780, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Tyrant2780
    Tyrant2780 Guest

Currently having an issue were every time we load up and try to play Minecraft after a few moments the xbox shuts down on its own. We have loaded different accounts on the same xbox and have had the same results. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft
    both on the console hard drive and the external hard drive where we originally had the program on. I also made sure that there was enough ventilation around the console and it's plugged in to its own outlet w/o it being on a power strip. I have played other
    multiple games and apps ( RDR2, Destiny 2, Netflix, YouTube, etc.) and had no issues. Lastly I used the hard drive that is used on the xbox one x on our xbox one S and was able to play Minecraft with any account and didn't have any issues with the console
    shutting down. The problem seems to happen when the game is loading data and gets overwhelmed and shuts down. Is this a problem with the Xbox one X or with Mojang and the software. Thanks in advance..

:)

Tyrant2780, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Tyrant2780 Win User

That we have, we had done a console reset after reinstalling the game and reset the cache on the console
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

Have you removed and readd your profile to the console?
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Tyrant2780

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get your console to stop doing that. I can totally understand how this could be concerning/distressing especially if you normally would play Minecraft a bunch.

I read that you had already hard reset the console a couple of times before, but have you tried a soft factory reset of the console? It's a factory reset that cleans out your console, reinstalls the current version of the dashboard,
    doesn't uninstall any of your games/apps and in general is a great troubleshooting step for most problems.

Once you have made sure that your network is set up appropriately (with an open NAT type) and that you have all the sign-in information for any important gamertags you have on your console, try the steps outlined in our How
    to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and select the option denoted in reset and keep my games & apps.

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks!
  5. Tyrant2780 Win User

I have done both actually. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled in on both the internal and external hard drive as well as doing a hard reset. After doing a hard reset and loading the game it works for about 5 min. Then shuts down once again.
  6. Tyrant2780 Win User

So currently at this moment we have played on the xbox for a couple of hours and have had no issues. If things change I will be sure to update on that. Thank you for your help in this matter.
Thema:

1. Xbox one X Scorpio edition keeps shutting down while playing Minecraft - Similar Threads - Scorpio edition keeps

2. Scorpio Edition HDMI Issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Scorpio Edition HDMI Issues...: How can I retain my Scorpio edition Xbox One X? Xbox will not return my Scorpio edition if it is not repairable. I completely understand they do not have these in stock to replace them but to...
  3. XBox One X (Scorpio Edition) is extremely loud

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X (Scorpio Edition) is extremely loud: Does anybody have any good suggestions for dealing with extreme fan noise on the Xbox One X? Here is my dilemma. Pretty sure this isn't "normal" fan noise. I've read enough posts of others with...
  4. Left Half of Screen has Horizontal Static on Xbox One X Scorpio Edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Half of Screen has Horizontal Static on Xbox One X Scorpio Edition: The problem occurred when I stopped receiving party notifications and many notifications in general, aside for LFG post. So thus I decided to power cycle my xbox, because many people have done...
  5. scorpio edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    scorpio edition: i can not play my 360 games anymore, and no more music cd. i have the scorpio edition. what do i have to do to play 360 games again, and listen too my cd s again f5b2f319-5c04-4607-a4a8-1c5ed4a87c48
  6. 4K UHD Bluray Freezes, Skips on Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K UHD Bluray Freezes, Skips on Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X: My Project Scorpio edition Xbox One X has a major issue with 4K bluray playback. Roughly in the middle of all movies, the playback will stutter and freeze so not watchable. This issue does not...
  7. network cuts out on xbox one x project scorpio edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    network cuts out on xbox one x project scorpio edition: im not sure if this is common or not, but lately my xbox has been losing its connection at random times and is getting progressively worse it started doing this in october and would only cut out...
  8. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline

in XboX Networking Hardware
    VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline Here is a troubleshooting guide that may help with that Xbox One Disconnection Help | Xbox Live Disconnect |...
  9. Help: Important question re the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition (Re if i should keep it or trade in ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help: Important question re the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition (Re if i should keep it or trade in ...: Hey there community, so i picked up an Xbox One X Scorpio Edition new at Gamestop last week (Tues). The manufacture date is Sept 2017 on the console. (Model No. 1787) Gorgeous machine and for...
  10. Xbox one x scorpio edition keeps randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x scorpio edition keeps randomly shutting down: Started when I was playing State of decay 2 and now it happens randomly with any game I'll just be playing and the system turns off, I can't even turn in back on with the controller I have to...