Xbox one X scorpio keeps switching off

Discus and support Xbox one X scorpio keeps switching off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox one x scorpio and it keeps switching off, I'm out of warranty but I've read up on the fault with a chip inside.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisGary1, Aug 30, 2019.

1. ChrisGary1
    ChrisGary1 Guest

I have an xbox one x scorpio and it keeps switching off, I'm out of warranty but I've read up on the fault with a chip inside.

:)

ChrisGary1, Aug 30, 2019
  2. ThorX360 Win User

So when I got to play certain games such as Red dead Redemption 2, I go to start the game the xbox turns off, I turn it back on and it says due to overheating the xbox shut itself off yet my xbox is well ventilated. Does the same on star wars battlefront
    2, The division, and Metro Exodus
    Hi,

first of all, you should look to this guide:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/ventilation

If the console ventilation is ok, you probably need a service repair.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the updates. At this time there is no way of telling what is causing the overheating. You can request a call from support and talk with an agent to see your options. As far as I know though there been no recalls of replacements due to a chip.
    Like in 2014 Xbox one were being replaced for the whining noise from fans and CPU.

But, support will know more and what options you have.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

what exactly happens.

Does it just random turn off, or only if you sign in?

Any more information on when and how it exactly happens can help determine what any next steps could be.

For example there is currently an issue for people that participate in the Xbox Insiders program in Alpha Ring(s) that have a similar issue.

Let us know the details and based on that there might be some steps to try
  5. ChrisGary1 Win User

Yeah its ventilated fine, the problem with a repair or service I have to pay £200+ when it's a common fault with the one x scorpio edition. I work in a well known gaming retail shop and have seen this issue a lot
  6. ChrisGary1 Win User

So when I got to play certain games such as Red dead Redemption 2, I go to start the game the xbox turns off, I turn it back on and it says due to overheating the xbox shut itself off yet my xbox is well ventilated. Does the same on star wars battlefront
    2, The division, and Metro Exodus
Thema:

1. Xbox one X scorpio keeps switching off - Similar Threads - scorpio keeps switching

2. Xbox one X (project scorpio) turns on then instantly turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X (project scorpio) turns on then instantly turns off: My project scorpio edition Xbox one X is unable to boot up. During a routine restart (Netflix wouldn't open so the xbox recommended a restart), the console failed to turn back on. Puzzled, I...
  3. What's the difference between all the controllers: xbox 360, xbox 1, xbox scorpio, xbox x...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What's the difference between all the controllers: xbox 360, xbox 1, xbox scorpio, xbox x...: I like the smoothness of the xbox 1 regular remote. But besides that I don't know witch one is better or if they even are better than eachother. 5f58261c-545d-4345-8bc9-98d9118a0ee3
  4. This is insane they keep removing my post about the Xbox x Scorpio game save problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    This is insane they keep removing my post about the Xbox x Scorpio game save problems: sent my xbox x scorpio to get repaired for the games crashing becoming unplayable issue months later got the same issue making the warranty go out by the time i figured out they didnt repair it....
  5. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline

in XboX Networking Hardware
    VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline Here is a troubleshooting guide that may help with that Xbox One Disconnection Help | Xbox Live Disconnect |...
  6. Help: Important question re the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition (Re if i should keep it or trade in ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help: Important question re the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition (Re if i should keep it or trade in ...: Hey there community, so i picked up an Xbox One X Scorpio Edition new at Gamestop last week (Tues). The manufacture date is Sept 2017 on the console. (Model No. 1787) Gorgeous machine and for...
  7. Xbox one x scorpio edition keeps randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x scorpio edition keeps randomly shutting down: Started when I was playing State of decay 2 and now it happens randomly with any game I'll just be playing and the system turns off, I can't even turn in back on with the controller I have to...
  8. xbox scorpio repair keep same shell

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox scorpio repair keep same shell: hello. i have a repair # that was just made today. csr told me once a unit can't be repaired a similar device will be given. well i forgot to ask csr if possible if i can receive the same scorpio...
  9. Xbox One X (Project Scorpio) - Keeps Crashing To Dashboard, External HDD only works on front ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X (Project Scorpio) - Keeps Crashing To Dashboard, External HDD only works on front ...: Hi all, after a long wait in today for my Project Scorpio Edition of the new console, I have been unable to play the games for any longer than a couple of minutes. The games I have been trying...
  10. Please keep the kinect port in Scorpio!!! :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please keep the kinect port in Scorpio!!! :(: I have heard the Slim doesn't have a kinect port :( I know it has an adapter but we shouldn't have to lose a USB port for being early adopters who love their kinect!!! Please keep the kinect port...