Xbox One X Seems to Not be Fully Shutting Down

Discus and support Xbox One X Seems to Not be Fully Shutting Down in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I turn off my console normally by holding down the Xbox button on the controller, then choosing the 'Shut Down Console's option. The other day when I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SenileTomato, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Xbox One X Seems to Not be Fully Shutting Down

I turn off my console normally by holding down the Xbox button on the controller, then choosing the 'Shut Down Console's option. The other day when I was cleaning, though, it appeared after I had shut down my Xbox minutes before, there was still heat that appeared to be coming from the Xbox.

I also noticed that both of the external hard drives I have plugged in we're still running.

I'm less concerned about energy savings (I already changed my settings from quick start to energy saving in order to see if this would solve the issue, although it did not), and more concerned with these external HDD's with their lights on. They run so quiet normally I can't tell if they are still running, but I would assume so if they have their LED's on.

Does anyone know what's going on? I don't want to have to replace these 4TB HDD's anytime soon, they aren't cheap! And they aren't meant to run 24-7, they are not NAS drives. Nor do I want to have to buy another X1X. This has been my second. First one was a lemon.

I assume this is some firmware function built in by Microsoft to still keep a quicker startup, as well as possibly perform updates while it is in, maybe, sleep mode?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/SenileTomato
    [link] [comments]

/u/SenileTomato, Jul 19, 2019
  2. DM RENNIE 7900 Win User

"One Button to Guide" is a terrible change

if you hold down the big-X button it still brings up the menu to shut down the console, if you want to fully shut it down you can hold the power button for 10 seconds, they haven't changed anything
  3. CogTIM Win User

Modern Warfare causing Xbox One X Users to crash

I have been experiencing the same issues with the game freezing, dash bording me, and fully shutting down my xbox. I have the original Xbox one so it seems to be spanning all the Xbox consoles.
  4. Kar1osfandango Win User

Xbox One X Wifi issue ?

Right , since other day I have fitted another wifi board and seems to of cured the issue , can power fully down and boots up no problem with internet connection , I have also purchases a new xbox one x… that worked perfect for a day , then happened to
    that one , went to boot up and shut down after 4k logo thingy… had to reboot it… then would not connect to internet again like before… got to be a bug in the firmware as happening to both xbox's
  5. Antlover Win User

Xbox one x keeps shutting down when playing new games

Xbox one x also shuts down trying to play NBA 2k20
  6. SMASHALOTOS Win User

Help with error code

I'm getting this as well. I have to hold the "X" button on the console until it shuts down fully. Wait a few seconds then power back on and then it will sign me in.

Hope it helps.
Thema:

Xbox One X Seems to Not be Fully Shutting Down

1. Xbox One X Seems to Not be Fully Shutting Down - Similar Threads - Seems Fully Shutting

2. so i bought a xbox360 from the pawn shop and i cant seem to fix connection problem i have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so i bought a xbox360 from the pawn shop and i cant seem to fix connection problem i have...: so i bought a xbox 360 from the pawn shop and i cant seem to fix this connection problem i have been watching a a lot of youtube videos on it and nun of the videos seem to fix my problem so can...
  3. When will the Xbox Elite controller series 2 be back in stock? It seems to be sold out...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    When will the Xbox Elite controller series 2 be back in stock? It seems to be sold out...: Ive been looking to buy the Xbox elite controller series 2 for a while now and it seems to be out of stock everywhere, i was just wondering if the microsoft store is due to have more stock any...
  4. World of tanks. Seems to be virus on this game with my account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    World of tanks. Seems to be virus on this game with my account.: Tank will not move when targeted? Also just lost 15million silver today? Played this game for 5yrs gutted c543ca56-6e42-4999-94bb-cd261b81582f
  5. Huge problem the parties seem to be nearly unstable and it is near impossible to play

in XboX Insiders
    Huge problem the parties seem to be nearly unstable and it is near impossible to play: I am trying to play with people and it keeps kicking everyone we dont know if it is a glitch or hacking but if it is hacking then something has happened we don't know what is happening but no...
  6. As from my last post, it seems Xbox 360 games will be introduced into the Microsoft Store...

in XboX Insiders
    As from my last post, it seems Xbox 360 games will be introduced into the Microsoft Store...: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  7. Multiple Updates just this week alone? Hi, my Xbox One X seems to have had 2-4 updates just...

in XboX Insiders
    Multiple Updates just this week alone? Hi, my Xbox One X seems to have had 2-4 updates just...: [IMG] submitted by /u/tp_hnr [link] [comments]
  8. Compared to public, Insiders builds seems to not be able to handle apps/games in...

in XboX Insiders
    Compared to public, Insiders builds seems to not be able to handle apps/games in...: After going back to the public build this weekend, it's immediately noticeable how EXTREMELY stable it is in terms of maintaining games running in background, even if we open another app or simply...
  9. Brought a pre owned Xbox one x years ago and now It seems it on insider...

in XboX Insiders
    Brought a pre owned Xbox one x years ago and now It seems it on insider...: Currently running on is 19041.1999.amd64fre.VB_release_Xbox_dev_2005.200506-0000 I dont know if I need a osu1 file or what but I can't even factory reset and I'm stuck on system error e106 any...
  10. Games updates seem to be much bigger than my friends

in XboX Insiders
    Games updates seem to be much bigger than my friends: Hello, I'm actually here to report two issues. The first issue is that whenever I get an update, my xbox never seems to update it, the percentage stays at 0. The second is that when I restart my...