Xbox One X settings back up question

Discus and support Xbox One X settings back up question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I got my Xbox One X finally and I knew about the Internet connection requirement when setting it up for the first time. It was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zuljaras, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Zuljaras
    Zuljaras Guest

Hello everyone,

I got my Xbox One X finally and I knew about the Internet connection requirement when setting it up for the first time. It was unnecessary for me but it is MS choosing.

So my question is the following. If I get a new HDD or just simply want to reset my console but I do not have Internet at the moment could I do a settings backup and keep it until I decide to get new HDD etc.

Then if I use the backup from the external HDD and it installs the updates does it still needs internet connection for the set up? I know it could not BE SKIPPED at first but does the settings backup change this in any way?

I hope I was event remotely clear what I am trying to do. It is important for me to just do without internet set up and play.

Regards and thanks in advance!

:)

Zuljaras, Mar 15, 2019
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

I think you're jumping WAY ahead of things, honestly. By that, I mean you're trying to solve a problem that right now does not exist. If and when Microsoft does discontinue Xbox One (we're looking YEARS down the road here), there will be a solution of
    some sort provided at that time. It could be a software patch, it could be a console trade-in system to recapture all those heavy metals used in its construction. We just don't know.

Xbox 360 hasn't been produced in three years, but it's still very connected and going strong, in no small part thanks to back-compat on Xbox One. I'd wager Xbox Two (or whatever code name it's using) will keep Xbox One going through its own back-compat program.
  3. RandyAU93 Win User

Yes, you can restore your network settings from an attached hard drive, but updates to the console OS would still need to be handled either online or via USB stick.
  4. Zuljaras Win User

That is true but the PS4 is not internet dependant in order to make basic things like System recovery or reset or changing the HDD. I just want the same treatment for my Xbox.
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

First-gen iPads are 9 years old now and haven't had an OS update in years, and yet they still work with software/apps that are compatible with it. However, most such users have upgraded to newer devices by now, because so little software actually works
    with them now; apps update and get new features that don't work with old hardware, so users choose to upgrade.

As we continue deeper into the Internet of Things era, I think we'll see different solutions to the problem you're discussing. It's no different than what will happen to PlayStation 4 when PS5 comes along ... at some point PS4 support will end, and it's just
    as Internet-connected as Xbox One is, really.
  6. Zuljaras Win User

Absolutely hypothetical. I just want to know what happens someday if MS stop the support of Xbox One.

You never know. I want to know if there would be 40 million potential useless bricks out there.

I do hope in few years they release a offline update that you can just put it on the USB stick and when you install it after System restore etc. you will still have functioning hardware.

I have the OTHER 2 consoles as well and they could just be used out of the box.

I really want the same could be said for my newest addition EVEN if it is with workarounds like USB backups. But I guess event that is out of the question right now :(
Thema:

1. Xbox One X settings back up question - Similar Threads - settings question

2. Minecraft on Xbox One settings question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft on Xbox One settings question: I've tried multiple times to play Minecraft on Xbox One, but can't determine which setting will stop the motion sickness I quickly develop playing it. I can play previous versions, all it took was...
  3. Forgotten password of family settings and also answer for safety question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgotten password of family settings and also answer for safety question: Hello, I would like to know how can I completely remove code for family settings without knowing answer for safety question ? Thank you for your help in advance...
  4. Network settings question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Network settings question: Greetings everyone. I'm hoping someone out there can answer my question. I've been randomly getting signed out of Xbox Live lately. It'll happen maybe a few minutes after I start playing or let...
  5. Newbie to xbox one x trying to set it up perfectly for family but questions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newbie to xbox one x trying to set it up perfectly for family but questions: hi, I am new to xbox one x and trying to set it up for the kids. we have 3 profiles in a family account. when kids go to their profile they have to provide their msft account password. How can...
  6. I have a question about the family settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a question about the family settings.: I am using xbox 360, and I want to block family settings but in order to do that I need to fill the password but I don't remember it. 6cb6c91a-e1e6-4642-9f78-ce7316178fb0
  7. Family Setting Pass Code Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family Setting Pass Code Question: I have forgotten both the pass code and pass code question for my XBox 360. Can someone please help? Thanks! 793a8f27-fce0-4c1a-9b80-edf30cf884f0
  8. Question about the "my xbox home" setting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about the "my xbox home" setting: So let's say I have one account with some games and another also with some games, however one of the accounts has a game I'd like to use on the second account, if I made the account with the game...
  9. I have questions about postings and settings on my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have questions about postings and settings on my account: To Whom It May Concern: I don't play much or post very little, and yet, I get this message Icant post due to past behavior. Which strikes as odd. I have no idea what this entails. I have been in...
  10. Forgotten family settings pass code and question!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgotten family settings pass code and question!: Hi, I've unfortunately forgotten my parental pass code for family settings. I went to reset it and couldn't remember the answer to the reminder question despite trying!! (must be getting old!!)...