Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change.

Discus and support Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Preview Alpha. I'm guessing it has to do with the new gamertag system. Any help would be appreciated. Top one is the old one and bottom is the newest.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/hollowxsako, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change.

Preview Alpha.

I'm guessing it has to do with the new gamertag system. Any help would be appreciated. Top one is the old one and bottom is the newest. Gamertag wasn't take either. Picture provided cropped. https://i.imgur.com/iNVkDxX.jpg

submitted by /u/hollowxsako
    [link] [comments]

/u/hollowxsako, Aug 26, 2019
  2. MrAughur Win User

Poss bug in gamertag change script on Gold family plans

I don't know why you're insisting on arguing this point when XBox support has already confirmed that I am correct.

You seem to be off on two important details here. First, you don't have to sign into account management to add funds to an account. Any time you attempt to purchase something via the console and have insufficient funds at checkout time, there is an option
    that says "Add Microsoft Points". That option is present even when you're on a sub account. If you actually try to click on it while logged into a sub account, it gives you a message saying that only the primary account can add points.

Second, you don't have to go back to the Dashboard to change the signed in user. You can do it directly from the Guide. There is no "starting over" required.

You can try this yourself if you have a Family account on your XBox and insufficient points to do a gamertag change. Login to one of your XBL accounts, pop up the Guide, go to Profile, and go through the Change Gamertag screens. Pick your new gamertag and
    try to continue. Because you don't have enough Microsoft Points, it will display the confirmation screen showing both the new and the old gamertags, the number of Microsoft Points required, and the number available on your account. When you hit this spot,
    you will also see the "Add Microsoft Points" button at the bottom. Click the Guide button, hit X to log out your current XBL account, and hit X again to signin with one of your other XBL accounts. Hit B to clear the Guide box after the signin finishes.

You'll see that you're still staring at the Change Gamertag confirmation screen, and that it STILL shows the original gamertag that you just signed out of. Even though you have changed the active account, the XBox dumps you back to the same screen you just
    left, with the same data showing on the confirmation screen. If you switched to a primary account, you can also now hit the Add Microsoft Points button to charge up your account.

The screens will continue to show the gamertag of the user you signed out, even after adding Microsoft Points and completing the gamertag change. The screen will SHOW the gamertag for the previous user and claim that you're changing the gamertag for that
    user, but it will actually APPLY the change to the account you're currently signed in with. It says one thing, and then does another.

Try it yourself if you really don't believe me. I just fired up my 360 and gave it another shot just to make sure. Signed in using sub, swapped to primary on gamertag chage confirmation screen to enable the Add Microsoft Points button, and verified that
    it's still showing the previous users gamertag on the confirmation screen after switching users.

So yes, that is a bug.
  3. AMcCrae Win User

Having trouble with gamertag

I went on to the website and it confirms that I did pay for a new gamertag. I changed it to from lAndyHDl and after two days it has still not worked.

It is on all platforms that the new GT does not show
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Gamertag Change

Hi, did you use the first one it showed or selected one from a suggested list of gamertags, or made your own. If it was either of the last two, that was your free change.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Gamertag change

Hi

Can you first please try a full console restart to see if this will cause the gamertag change to show, after this can you next try

removing your profile
    from the console carry out a full console restart and then re load your profile. After trying the two items above if your gamertag has not changed can you try checking your

order history
    to make sure the transaction went through.
  6. ImmortalSpider Win User

Concerns about the reported problems about the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition.

Mine has been fine as well. My xos had many issues vs one reboot with the x.

With my Xbox one s it constantly needed to be rebooted, sometimes even after booting it. The Kinect with the adapter rarely if ever worked and the external hd didn’t show up always either.

On my Xbox one x scorpio edition the only issues was one time the screen dimmed and the pop up didn’t show. After a reboot it has been fine ever since.
Thema:

Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change.

1. Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change. - Similar Threads - shows gamertags change

2. Profile still showing old gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile still showing old gamertag: [img] For some reason its still showing my old gamertag on my profile, any reason for this? i have removed the account from my xbox and re added it and its still there. it does this on the...
  3. Old gamertag showing on Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old gamertag showing on Xbox app: Hi, for some reason my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app, yet I changed my gamertag ages ago. Is there any reason why my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app rather than my new gamertag?...
  4. the wrong gamertag is showing up for my microsoft account email

in XBoX on Consoles
    the wrong gamertag is showing up for my microsoft account email: Hi, so I recently changed my account email to a newer one and now when I sign in it comes up with a random account and not my normal one with all my achievements on. Any help? much appreciated...
  5. Why won’t my new gamertag show on party chat or any games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new gamertag show on party chat or any games: [img] I changed to my gamertag to ^^ cause it looks cool but as it turns out nobody can see it why is that? c63f7d0a-aac4-4925-b335-08cf9df455ff
  6. xbox console does not show newly purchased gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox console does not show newly purchased gamertag: I just paid $10 for a new gamertag. How do i get my xbox console to see it?? 06483698-4e4d-4fdb-9134-0fbb8424510c
  7. My Gamertag isn't showing up on Sea of Thieves...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Gamertag isn't showing up on Sea of Thieves...: I recently purchased sea of thieves (Awesome game so far!) However, while my xbox version is working fine, none of it seems to carry over to Windows 10, including, most annoyingly, my gamertag....
  8. Signing into my account online shows different GamerTag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Signing into my account online shows different GamerTag: I’m positive I’m logging in with the right information, as I checked the email on my xbox one. But when I log into xbox.com or the xbox ios app, it shows a different gamertag and picture, ones...
  9. Available Gamertag no longer shows that it's available although it's available on my other ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Available Gamertag no longer shows that it's available although it's available on my other ...: I'm currently trying to change my Gamertag to one that is currently available, but despite it being available a few minutes ago, it's now showing as unavailable on this account. I tried checking...
  10. Free gamertag change included with XBL Gold upgrade not showing up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free gamertag change included with XBL Gold upgrade not showing up.: Hi, I posted this earlier, but for some reason I can't find the topic anywhere and I'm not certain it posted. If you find the original, disregard this. Here's the situation, when I purchased my...