Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change.

Discus and support Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Preview Alpha. I'm guessing it has to do with the new gamertag system. Any help would be appreciated. Top one is the old one and bottom is the newest.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/hollowxsako, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change.

Preview Alpha.

I'm guessing it has to do with the new gamertag system. Any help would be appreciated. Top one is the old one and bottom is the newest. Gamertag wasn't take either. Picture provided cropped. https://i.imgur.com/iNVkDxX.jpg

submitted by /u/hollowxsako
    [link] [comments]

/u/hollowxsako, Aug 26, 2019
  2. MrAughur Win User

Poss bug in gamertag change script on Gold family plans

I don't know why you're insisting on arguing this point when XBox support has already confirmed that I am correct.

You seem to be off on two important details here. First, you don't have to sign into account management to add funds to an account. Any time you attempt to purchase something via the console and have insufficient funds at checkout time, there is an option
    that says "Add Microsoft Points". That option is present even when you're on a sub account. If you actually try to click on it while logged into a sub account, it gives you a message saying that only the primary account can add points.

Second, you don't have to go back to the Dashboard to change the signed in user. You can do it directly from the Guide. There is no "starting over" required.

You can try this yourself if you have a Family account on your XBox and insufficient points to do a gamertag change. Login to one of your XBL accounts, pop up the Guide, go to Profile, and go through the Change Gamertag screens. Pick your new gamertag and
    try to continue. Because you don't have enough Microsoft Points, it will display the confirmation screen showing both the new and the old gamertags, the number of Microsoft Points required, and the number available on your account. When you hit this spot,
    you will also see the "Add Microsoft Points" button at the bottom. Click the Guide button, hit X to log out your current XBL account, and hit X again to signin with one of your other XBL accounts. Hit B to clear the Guide box after the signin finishes.

You'll see that you're still staring at the Change Gamertag confirmation screen, and that it STILL shows the original gamertag that you just signed out of. Even though you have changed the active account, the XBox dumps you back to the same screen you just
    left, with the same data showing on the confirmation screen. If you switched to a primary account, you can also now hit the Add Microsoft Points button to charge up your account.

The screens will continue to show the gamertag of the user you signed out, even after adding Microsoft Points and completing the gamertag change. The screen will SHOW the gamertag for the previous user and claim that you're changing the gamertag for that
    user, but it will actually APPLY the change to the account you're currently signed in with. It says one thing, and then does another.

Try it yourself if you really don't believe me. I just fired up my 360 and gave it another shot just to make sure. Signed in using sub, swapped to primary on gamertag chage confirmation screen to enable the Add Microsoft Points button, and verified that
    it's still showing the previous users gamertag on the confirmation screen after switching users.

So yes, that is a bug.
  3. AMcCrae Win User

Having trouble with gamertag

I went on to the website and it confirms that I did pay for a new gamertag. I changed it to from lAndyHDl and after two days it has still not worked.

It is on all platforms that the new GT does not show
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Gamertag Change

Hi, did you use the first one it showed or selected one from a suggested list of gamertags, or made your own. If it was either of the last two, that was your free change.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Gamertag change

Hi

Can you first please try a full console restart to see if this will cause the gamertag change to show, after this can you next try

removing your profile
    from the console carry out a full console restart and then re load your profile. After trying the two items above if your gamertag has not changed can you try checking your

order history
    to make sure the transaction went through.
  6. Derek Santorelli Win User

Gamertags

I spoke to Xbox support and there wasn’t anything they could do. As one Employees said it already shows that it had changed and the other Employee I spoke to claims that it’s because it’s 14 characters it needs to be 12 in order to be a main gamertag,
    even though I changed my main gamertag on the Xbox 360. Therefore giving me 2 gamertags, a Display Gamertag and an In-game Gamertag. When changing it on the Xbox 360 should’ve updated my Display name as the 14 Character Gamertag and not keeping my 11 Character
    Gamertag.
Thema:

Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change.

1. Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change. - Similar Threads - shows gamertags change

2. 2 Gamertags Showing?

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 Gamertags Showing?: [img] Hi. I recently changed by gamertag from “MeleeMango” to “”. My profile shows both gamertags for some reason. I contacted MS Support and was told it should go away within 24hrs. After a day,...
  3. Xbox account showing 2 gamertags?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox account showing 2 gamertags?: So I wanted to changed my gamertag on xbox one and due to the new system it stuck a load of numbers at the end of it. I absolutely despised this so I signed in on my 360 to pay to change it, now...
  4. My Xbox is showing 2 has gamertags, my old one and new one. Can someone help me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is showing 2 has gamertags, my old one and new one. Can someone help me?: I changed my gamertag and it's showing my new and old one. In game it shows my old gamertag but in a Xbox party is shows the new gamertag.My friends can see the new one but the old one in game....
  5. Gamertag I want is showing as taken when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag I want is showing as taken when it's not: I want to change my gamertag, but I don't want the numbers behind it. Multiple sources (gamertag.net, checkgamertag.com, etc.) say the gamertag I want isn't taken yet, but when I go to change it,...
  6. Issue with Friends List and Party Gamertags not showing up (Xbox Insider Alpha Ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Friends List and Party Gamertags not showing up (Xbox Insider Alpha Ring): Aa of March 28th,2020, The Gamertags on my friends lisy and in Party do not show up anymore. I have reported the issue already but I wanted to post here to ask if anyone is having this issue?...
  7. Changed my gamertag MCC still shows old one

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed my gamertag MCC still shows old one: I updated my gamertag after playing reach on PC and now it still shows my old gamertag. How can I fix this? d7b3f462-8f3d-4c0f-b087-ed955947a8be
  8. Changed old gamertag to the new system yesterday but instead of showing a # between the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed old gamertag to the new system yesterday but instead of showing a # between the...: So right now I'm kinda pissed cause I changed my gamertag yesterday to what it is on all my other games and it said that it would add 4 numbers to the end of my username. That would've been fine...
  9. Xbox showing 2 gamertags after recently paid to change it back ( after the new gamertag...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox showing 2 gamertags after recently paid to change it back ( after the new gamertag...: i just got the message from xbox live saying that i could change it whitout charging, but unfortunately, looks like it doesnˋt work since it is still charging. 566564e5-8582-40a2-9be2-7f492c808e59
  10. Free gamertag change included with XBL Gold upgrade not showing up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free gamertag change included with XBL Gold upgrade not showing up.: Hi, I posted this earlier, but for some reason I can't find the topic anywhere and I'm not certain it posted. If you find the original, disregard this. Here's the situation, when I purchased my...