Xbox One X Shuts Off After Game Loads For A Bit

Discus and support Xbox One X Shuts Off After Game Loads For A Bit in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox starts up fine although takes a little long to load up. I am able to go to the home menu and nothing seems to be a problem. I start a game and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UncheckedWheat3, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Xbox One X Shuts Off After Game Loads For A Bit

My xbox starts up fine although takes a little long to load up. I am able to go to the home menu and nothing seems to be a problem. I start a game and it gets all the way to about when needs to load the game before the fans start to get real
    loud. Then the console just shuts off and this seems to happen with all the 4k games I have. Do you think it may be a thermal paste isssue, a power supply issue, or a fan issue?

:)

UncheckedWheat3, Sep 26, 2019
  2. mk4Y Win User

In my view it's a issue with the fan/ overheating problem. You can try to clean it carefully with an air compressor. Had the same problem for a while as I played rdr2 in 4k. So I cleaned it and removed the dust of the xbox and now no problems. Like I said
    you can try if you want but it could also be a hardware issue.
  3. UncheckedWheat3 Win User

I have had my one x for 2 years all with the parts it came with. I made sure that it wasn't in an area with anything that could block and my room usually doesn't get hot often. Unfortunately my warranty had expired.
  4. ThumbTAQ Win User

How long have you had your X as well as the power supply? If not long I would assume it is the fan, but more so the temperature of the room, or any cluster around the console that is making it harder for it to function at the maximum. If your X is still
    under warranty, it may be in your best interest to have it sent in for repair so it can be further evaluated. Hope this helps.
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there UncheckedWheat3

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for clarity on what could be happening to your console. I can totally see how this could be easy to write off as a hardware problem right off the bat as the console should only be so noisy and shouldn't shut off like
    that.

What kind of troubleshooting (if any) have you done already? I would say that if you haven't, it would be best for you to try the steps outlined in
    Troubleshoot Xbox One unexpectedly turning off. If that does not
    help, I would then try a
    soft factory reset
    of the console (the one that keeps
    your games & apps).

If after that it still does the same, then year, it could be a hardware issue either stemming from those 3 mentioned in your post.

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks!
  6. UncheckedWheat3 Win User

I will try that and see if any results come from that. thank you for the suggestion.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Shuts Off After Game Loads For A Bit - Similar Threads - Shuts Off Game

2. Why does my XBox One X shut off when I start a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my XBox One X shut off when I start a game?: I can watch YouTube or Twitch but when I start a game my XBox just shuts off. Is there something I can do? 0399de61-01c3-430d-841d-2c8196a1202e
  3. My Xbox One X shuts off whenever I play a game for a few minutes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One X shuts off whenever I play a game for a few minutes.: Whenever i play a game on my Xbox One X shuts off minutes after starting. Ive done a full shutdown, restarted with/without keeping my games and apps plus i made sure the power was plugged into the...
  4. Xbox one S - randomly shuts off during game play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S - randomly shuts off during game play: At random times while playing various games, the xbox will freeze and then shut off. This usually happens between 5-20 minutes after first starting to play. I can turn the xbox back on again right...
  5. Xbox One S randomly Shuts Off While Gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S randomly Shuts Off While Gaming: Hey Guys i buy My Xbox One S 2 Days Ago and while i'm Gaming it's randomly shuts Off My Other Xbox One Fat did the same thing and i don't Know Where's The problem I'm Not Good on electronics...
  6. Xbox one s shutting off when playing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s shutting off when playing games: Recently bought a new xbox one s a couple days ago. Set it up and everything seemed fine. Until i downloaded a few games. Xbox 360 games ran fine, but the xbox one games i played(Gears of...
  7. XBOX ONE Shutting off while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE Shutting off while gaming: My XBOX ONE is shutting off by itself while playing games. It does not shut off while watching VUDU or anything. 8441ff36-eb37-4c2d-8e77-704c2123d5f5
  8. Xbox one X shutting off when attempting to launch Games. Need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X shutting off when attempting to launch Games. Need help.: Xbox one X. Games won't start. Just brings up a splash screen then cuts to black for a few seconds and my Xbox turns off. This is after transferring my account and games to my new Xbox one X....
  9. Xbox One S shuts off in the middle of a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S shuts off in the middle of a game: Hello, so I have an Xbox one S. It turns on and will play games for a little while (I’d say 3-10 minutes) and then the game will freeze, the controller will start blinking, and it will turn off....
  10. Xbox one x shutting off in the middle of games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x shutting off in the middle of games: Have had my xbox one x project scorpio for 9 months before it shut of while playing pubg last month. When turned back on it displays the screen stating the xbox over heated and shut itself off...